Quake 3 noghost

30 replies [Last post]
Loxotron

I started to play on 1.31 and 1.32 either, i like them more then 1.16 too and e+ as a mod better in many aspects (only stupid bug is a frozen body with rail sound), but as a community and site, honestly noghost is better, and untill you wont decide wich cfg is primary (i mean regular events), nobody will come here atleast from noghost. Sadly but with such cups, hibernation will last for long time.

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
XV!BENEDYKT wrote:

It was hard enough moving insta clans to QL, and the jump from 1.16 is as big as to QL.

You can eventually get a few individuals from ng, but doubt it's possible with whole clans. Individuals? Yes, I mean there are Loxotron/ASD/ultima/terror from the insta mods coming to e+ in like, 4 years. Clanwise, we had 1 clan properly move from noghost/iu (BR - BlackRoses), but even they ended up getting AFT to represent them on e+. And even that didn't last long.

You have to remember, that clans don't wish to switch to other games, and it's a rare occasion they do. (ko/lem/ds played a cup in 06 if i remember correctly, then ank switched to urban terror then ql ca/tdm/ctf (and insta in 2011), then a shitload of other things, and finally, banana clan and mi3 tried ql instaFreeze, and that is all. In 8 years of this mod existing).

You have to remember that this thread is about inviting people to play pickup games. The #ngp in the past few days had a lot of activity, and certainly the most out of any pickup channels i frequent. The guy just wanted to introduce a way for other open-minded people to have fun in another gametype. I, myself, found out about it from a QL instagib channel i idle in ( #instagib.ql come on down and !add ft or ctf c: ). Should that channel also whine and rage at the people talking about it? Of course they didn't, since those people like instagib gameplay and would jump at the chance to support fellow instagibbers, or at least not say anything.

In the few years, I've played, hosted and shoutcasted tournaments in e+, edаwn, osp, cpma, sc:bw, urban terror, ql, and rtcw (and even chess), ranging from duel, 2v2, 4v4, summer cups, prestige cup, one-day tournaments, nations cups, mixteam draft tourneys, king of the hill, and even though there can always be whine about server/results/cries of unfairness from some clans/people during compeitions) only in this mod have I seen such stubborness, xenophobia and downright hostility rising out of nothing but "LOL OMG THEY SHOULD PLAY FOR US INSTEAD DON'T STEAL OUR PLAYERS RRRAAAAARRRR"*. In fact, I am glad you won't play "this noghost" because you will keep the above mentioned stubborness, xenophobia and idiotic hostility within this mod instead! And you probably have no idea what a pickup game is anyway c:

* There was even one recent occasion, where an unreal tournament clan had to wait for 2 hours for my team, cos we had to finish a q3 game (ut's direct competitor btw), they despite not being too happy, waited for us without a problem and took the situation with humour.

!@#$%&*( terror )_ wrote:

About moving ng clans to e+
IMO only possible way is to do it slowly 1 clan after another Happy
Also I wanted to add that all that variety with configs is biggest advantage over other mods, when people will stop beeing blind Thinking Just bring your clan here, u will find alot of helpful people who will give u good advices, configs etc. I bet that if u would wanna make your own event on your settings most of e+ clans would be interested.

You are right dude. However, one of this mod's biggest strengths also happens to be its biggest downfalls. It's good that it's possible to make any config you may desire, and it's fun (or at least interesting), but it's not good as a marketing tool. There are q3 insta, vq3, cpm and QLINSTA configs. All are "playable" but there are little differences which makes them just emulators.

For example, noghost people would prefer to play on noghost due to the little differences between 1.32e and 1.16n (some of those differnces seem to me like bugs, but let's drop that c: )
The dedicated vq3 servers have drop disabled, have problems with item respawns, etc
The CPM-style config is an honest-to-God clusterfuck (especially on clanarena setting)
The brand new QLINSTA, has a weird spawn system, hitbox+netcode make it feel strange, and on top of that has spawn kill & anti-camp enabled.

All of those are little differences, and can be overlooked while just messing around with clanmates or playing for fun but still can make someone think "why should i switch from my regular mod/server and play with small annoying differences, while there are still active servers where I play". Not to mention that e+ still seems to not even have a cvar for alternative lightning beam. (if one exists, please point it out to me, i could really use it)

And slow & steady is right. I noticed there are a few real instagibbers playing since the summer Happy After aNk moved to urt/ql/ut/kf/l4d2 and such, after a few months I came back and joined zombie to help out. Then a few of the xXx/aNk guys who stayed in e+ ended up joining, and creating a nice atmosphere in an already nice clan, and upped the skill a little, since just 4 years ago, zmb was the clan everyone beat with their eyes closed, and now we at least offer some sort of resistance Big grin

====================================================================================

To anybody actually wanting to try to play a pickup game:

1) Noghost runs on 1.16n point release, and not on 1.32. You can choose to either downgrade your quake3, or like I did yesterday, have 2 versions of quake. To downgrade, simply move all the pak's above 2 to another folder or delete them (pak3.pk3 onwards), then run the 1.16n update (found here. Then download the mod itself and unrar it. If you are installing a fresh copy of q3 for 1.16 only, paste the maps (page 1, Loxotron's link)

2) If you have any mixed binds (such as /bind x "+moveup;+attack", make sure they are either unbound or become "+moveup" as it creates a trippy bug where the mouse won't respond to x or y axis but still be able to jump/switch weapons. I had to find out that the hard way. IN THE MIDDLE OF A PICKUP.

3) All xp_binds change to cg_ . Only ones you need are cg_enemymodel and cg_enemycolor and cg_teammodel anyway

4) The 1.16n build is different to 1.32c/e build so don't be surprised if you find something that trips you out. Such as lack of /scores or /players or $locations on bind (in say_team your location automatically shows though) or /topshots disregard that ololol it doesn't exist here anyway

That's basically it. I played a couple of games tonight & hope to see you there, whoever you are! (unless you are skullhead, in which case i probably will say "lol look it's skullhead!" and "l thought you didnt mix well in a pickup environment c:" and then procede to google trasnlate polish obscenities about you. Like "lol głową czaszki z ziemniakami w nosu" )

That is all.

Kind Regards,
Xd plz

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

Loxotron

Mostly if u have a questions about some commands and other stuff, write to me - msn, Loxotron1- xfire. Everyone has their own opinion so better just try it once then listen to mine and benedikts conversation Happy

mow Q [EN]

Let me troll a sec, i miss it:
ng and e+ is nubish. For ng, u don't need smart tactics, just a bit teamplay, reflexes and quick aim.

Ehm, same as actually for e+ (most configs). There is not anything u need a whole skill-pool, just aim and reflexes and a bit teamplay. Oh, i said this already

Oh, i forgott, u also need a tiny bit of mapoverview, but than, it is already all u need.

Q3 itself (vanilla, cpma and osp) or QL needs at least a bigger pool of skills, any mistake get's punished quickly, u need to have for any situation a plan, and U need ur teamm8s, playing like rambo doesn't lead to success.

Sometimes i really miss E+ Big grin but i had no strong need to install it again, yet.

away for a while again.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Re: Quake 3 noghost

my problem with noghost is the really annoying netcode.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

thats the point!

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture
XV!BENEDYKT wrote:

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

thats the point!

Yep, tried myself and never again.

rage+
Forum moderator
Zack's picture

tried it tonight, was pretty sweet nice people & very helpful will defo play again.

tr1ckhooo
Tricky's picture

Anybody has any idea why my sensitivity isnt the same as in e+? I have all same as in e+ (ingame sens 1.8... something and dpi 800.) Is there some other cmd's in NoGhost which can effect sensitivity?

3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture
tr1ckhooo wrote:

Anybody has any idea why my sensitivity isnt the same as in e+? I have all same as in e+ (ingame sens 1.8... something and dpi 800.) Is there some other cmd's in NoGhost which can effect sensitivity?

Make a file called mouse.cfg and save your commands there as the importants for the sens example:

seta cg_fov "100"

seta sensitivity "1"

seta cl_mouseaccel "0"

seta m_filter "0"

seta m_yaw "0.060000"

seta m_pitch "0.060000"

seta in_mouse "-1"

then in game exec, and should work, proly u have an autoexec that changes ur sens, make sure u dont have it, or if u have it just modificate it for ur needs.

other things should work fine imo.

Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway