75% (24 votes)
LG 31" 31MU97-B (4096x2160@60Hz) - 1200€
25% (8 votes)
Total votes: 32

"Skill is when luck becomes a habit".

D3L1GH7
TanaKa's picture

Hello,

Without regarding at the costs of those monitors, would you buy hig-resolution or very smooth display monitor?
Both monitors in choices are just put here as examples.

Thanks for answers. Please comment your choice.

"Skill is when luck becomes a habit".

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Re: [POLL] Gaming monitor 4K or 144Hz?

144hz ofc

Buying 4k is double cost - first u need the monitor and then the hardware to get above 60fps.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

3m'genesis
G3n3sis's picture

144 hz , thats a nobrainer , since high resolution doesn't matter that much smoothness is way better , but depends for what are u going to use it for . (60 hz sux ass tbh , it will only hurt ur eyes Happy )

Loxotron

For gaming monitor choice is obvious, dunno why do you even need 4k at this moment, its very raw because 12 color bit per pixel format is only incoming and not yet on the market, so no point in buying 4k monitors or tv's now.

3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture

144hz over 4k for games and stuff in PC. If you want a 4K then go for a TV display for that thing, not a monitor for PC imo, cos u will use that 4k just form movies (if u arent an graphical designer and stuff like that) otherwise if u will do stuff like that im in love with the new 5k iMac Happy .
Also the difference in price between 4k and 144hz is huge at the moment, for that cost u can upgrade ur actual pc (some parts at least).

P.S. still i would go for Benq over Asus Smug

Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture

1080p 144 hz of benq or asus or lg would be plenty, these three are the leaders in fastest laboratory measured response time, that would be 2x cheaper than swift, and cheaper to match the monitor refresh rate. Well if wallet allows, swift would be the choice ofc.

I would teach you how to play, but I don't know myself!
Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

NO

1080p on a 27" monitor kinda looks like shit tho, rather go for 1440p but yeah, 144hz > 4k for gaming.
or buy both if u have that much money on your hands Big grin

madbringer wrote:

We're like a big, dysfunctional family of alcoholics, nihilists, drug abusers, nutters and general sociopaths.

BAC**TRB
trb's picture

I would like to get a monitor near 22" with 144hz. Cheapest one would do only to play ql i dont need any other functions. Any suggestions?

silence is better than bullshit

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-24GM77-B-gaming-monitor

i bought this one when it was for sale for 240€ a few months ago. Can recommend it from a casual gamer pov. voted 144hz as well, same reasons as the others. and really, 144hz feels so much better than 60, never wanna go back Winking

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture

one thing is sure, if u gonna get the 144hz, u gonna have much better response time which will improve your aim and flickshots... What kind of monitors ultima, skullhead and others have?... And im stuck with 60hz laptops xdddd