Mouse Problem

13 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

well, yea, since today, sometimes when i play (later this day it happened more often) my mouse stops working, i get a plug out sound then, after 3 secs a plug in sound and it works again, sometimes it happesn 3 times a min, sometimes 2 times in 10 sec, sometimes it works 10 mins.
i had this problem already a year ago, first my raptor gaming m2 mouse died with the same simptoms, after my old usb mouse died and after that my ps2 ballmouse died, even if i think its about usb port, not about ps2 port.
changing to ps2 didnt fixed the thing, i had quite some happy time with my new pc and new mouse.

any ideas?

edit:
another one, since some time, my quake seems to crash all out of sudden, i get an error, sounds hangs up and quake closes as soon as i press the close button of the 'error window'
since i dont time out, i think it disconnects me also.
i fixed it for some weeks by changing driver for my gfx.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

hit degauss? Smug

nah, seriously, did you overclock the usb port?

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture

Sell old mouse
Buy new clothes
Get nice haircut
Buy designer aftershave
Meet girls for real
Forget why you plaid so much quake in the 1st place
party too much
Get bags under your eyes and a feeling that your liver is being cut everytime you sit... or walk... or stand
Not care and completelly destroy your digestive system
Become a right cynical bastard
Collapse on your bedroom floor when your eyes retract inside your head
press Submit

im out, goodnight,

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Mouse Problem
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

hit degauss? Smug

nah, seriously, did you overclock the usb port?

yep, but as i had the bug a year ago i still ran win98 with 125 hz usb port Tongue

Nag!Out

When I have Microsoft 4.0 mice I have similar trouble with stop working for a second. But in my mice is cable broken down and when I move fast cable work again Tongue

Histroy :
PLUS = FOX Clan >> GSE Clan >> BBS Clan >> KTM Clan >> BURN* Clan >> BBSquad Clan >> MR Clan >> VENDETTA Clan >>
OUT of gaming Happy
RAIL = DUNNO Clan >> OF Clan >> PW Clan
>> OUT of gaming Happy

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Mouse Problem
nagro E+ wrote:

When I have Microsoft 4.0 mice I have similar trouble with stop working for a second. But in my mice is cable broken down and when I move fast cable work again Tongue

the mouse can stand and it will work again, i dont have to move it.

any other ideas? its getting annoying!>

Freakman
Freakman's picture

maybe some process...on my old pc i had 1 sec break every 10s Happy because of processes

Freakman:
do u want to beat freakman noob?
lestat:
no thx i have beaten many noobs

it is hard to be pro

orphy with the wind
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

nagro E+ wrote:

the mouse can stand and it will work again, i dont have to move it.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. If you don't move the mouse it works or it works only if you move it?

I'd go with cable. My G5 did the same before I got the soldering iron out.

officiallydead

i have that too sometimes with my mouse... its like pluging it out and than in again... by me its only when i move my mouse hasticly or better when i pull the cable little bit more...like pluging it out by pulling the cable or whatever....

as far as the crash is concerned i am not really aware how to handle that... is there any specific error?

kek

the way i see it it is your usb port going nuts either bcoz u overclocked ur hz settings or either because the usb drivers got fuxxord (it happens quite often under the magic windows).

Solutions i propose:

1. Use the USB Mouse Rate Switcher and restore default values for ur mouse (file attached)

2. Do a complete USB driver stack refresh by following EXACTLY the steps provided on this page: http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup%20Device%20Manager%20Safe%20Mode.htm

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Mouse Problem
kek wrote:

the way i see it it is your usb port going nuts either bcoz u overclocked ur hz settings or either because the usb drivers got fuxxord (it happens quite often under the magic windows).

that wouldnt explain why the other broken mice i had under win98 with default hz and they dont work under any other pc.
sure, it sounds like broken cable, but i couldnt find any broken things on my old mouse.
gonna try it anyways