+ maps

8 replies [Last post]
|¯|E><US
nexus's picture
these are much bigger and better to play yet small in file size , more servers should use them.
some are here
http://www.btinternet.com/~lvlmaker/q3dmmaps.htm
++ better than +

(\/)
(O.o)
0('')(")

RedKnight
RedKnight's picture
|¯|E><US wrote:

these are much bigger and better to play yet small in file size , more servers should use them.
some are here
http://www.btinternet.com/~lvlmaker/q3dmmaps.htm
++ better than +

I agree.. I love the + and ++ maps. I think that more servers should incorporate at least a few custom maps to switch things up a little.

Many people could figure out how to find these files...

Another post by RedKnight that makes no freakin sense!

your silly self

I try to but people just leave instead of downloading the map.

|_EM*TAKER
your silly self wrote:

I try to but people just leave instead of downloading the map.

Maybe its because the download speed is VERY slow..
Anyone have a answer to that one.. Why do my quake always download on 2kb/sec..??

ghost wrote:

comunity are the ppl game is an game u can do every u want to game*, if it will be BIG RED smile on game box and u get pised of that game, throw box of that game on the flor in kitchen and make on it BIG BAD smelly shit, this smile will be still on the box kep smiling to u, but when yors parents will back form great vacations to home with smiles on faces and they will see what hapened thier faces become only RED withnout eny smile.....

EVOL.IZNOGOUD
Iznogoud's picture

Yupp, these maps are imo great! But not all ++ are better than + Happy
If ppl c that servers with this maps are well populated, or that their favourite servers rotate them, the players will eventually sacrifice the time to get the maps themselves... But i dont think it will happen overnight.
ANY new maps might scare some players off.
Maybe would be a good idea to add the maps into rotation one at a time, unless there is a mappack to be found (like the PlusMapPak.pk3)?
One a day for a week or so, and in motd or welcome message advertise next map to be added and/or where to find them?

Another link to maps and mappacks:
http://www.ingame.de/mapbase/index.php?action=category&cid=1

Bättre pissa i stuprännan än stupa i pissrännan !

|¯|E><US
nexus's picture

Yeah they are great make sure your rate is 25000 so they can download fast.
And yes not all ++ are better 17++and 1++ are not better. I tried to upload 17+ctf as zip file here, but no luck. Love struck

(\/)
(O.o)
0('')(")

DEEX[E+]
DeeX's picture

I have tried to make the downloads fast but even on mulles 100mbit with the rate at 25000 still only goes like 5 - 7 KB I think its capped some how. Anyone know?

.•*´¨)
`¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•DeeX•

nihil
nihil's picture

i didnt try that but there is cvar
sv_dl_maxrate
so try various settings

DEEX[E+]
DeeX's picture

for what game lol ..... just kidding but i tried that and it didnt work. thats not a cvar for q3

.•*´¨)
`¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•DeeX•