Going Beyond What is Acceptable in Quake 3

51 replies [Last post]
[MR.]^SlipStream
Johny's picture
Ok recently it has come to my attention that certain things are just unaceptable in quake 3 making them cheats. Now I know E+ is a pretty much no-hold-bars mod but I think that some have taken this to far. So I want everyone to discus what they think is unaceptable and what is then we can reach a median hopfully with this not turning into a flamefest.

Topics of Dicussion: Force modles, Enenmy colors, Scripts, "Hit boxs/Fragboxs", PICMIP.

Please post how you feel about each of these.

Well force modles IMO is ok because some use invisable skins and this keeps them from working but I have herd a few people complain about it.

Enenmy colors that is tough because not all players have that or know how to do it so I dont know IMO I dont like it

Scripts well I have never been a fan of scripts making your weapons change faster so you can shoot faster yeah IMO I allways thought that was chaeting

FragBoxs/HitBoxs are without a doubt cheating it is no differnet than glow skins it just makes it eaiser to see your enemies Punkbuste kicks for glow skins so I think these FragBoxs/HitBoxs are cheats to.

Picmip now in most other mods if your picmip is over 3 you get kicked VIA punkbuster so I think there should be a limit because you can set it so low that it removes the textures so all you see is the enemy

Let me know how you guys & girls feel about these topics along with other things that believe is unacceptable.

*DISCUS*

CLEMSON TIGERS ARE #1
**RETIRED**1st E+ forum whore Muhahaha :mrgreen:
*2nd highest NON-CHEATED post count***RETIRED**

Nitrostatic
Nitrostatic's picture

i agree with the hitboxes

in any other game, its considered a hack since it gives another player a significant advantage

there's scritps eh? no wonder there's people that can frag much faster than me sometimes

|¯|E><US
nexus's picture

There needs to be a limit on weapon jumps (like the limiting multijumps). Tired of seeing shameless spamming of possible enemy spawn/entry points.

(\/)
(O.o)
0('')(")

DARK
DARKLORD's picture

multijumps are fine by me, everything except pic and hitboxes is fine by me.

if anyone wants to use scripts to shoot faster that isnt a problem scripts for anything else might be, enemy colours is not a cheat its somthing that is easily modified and recomended by me to all,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ghost

darklord u mis a point a bit slip u to, i can show u what works a switch script and im guarantire its is cheat....

deferent hitbox is defenityly cheat

nonstandard model, u get adventage, u r cheater

weaponswitching script = cheat, u can say that is comes from the game nad ppl have choice use it or not use, but the wait cmd was removed on meny q3 mods to block oportunity to shot faster, bycose whole bunch off ppl decide its a cheat...

r_picmip comes from the game and all ppl can use it, for me i dont need to use it, may be blocked, but is a free cmd and all ppl have choice use it or not, chances are tide

cg/xp_enemModel, cg/xp_enemyColors - these two comands are anti camp cmds, bycose some unfair players chose tiny models and color close to wall colors bycose they wona be invisible, and wona hide in corner and camp enemies, thats why these wto cmds exist in promode, osp, e+, and others mods based on q3

just look at cs or cod, these games are dominatet by campers do u wona do to q3 theseame ?

@nexus i realy dont know why u r teling that weapon jumps need limits ? just cant underand u in this point, u wona that splases give damage to person who uses the weapon jump ? u can kill yors enemy by one railshot and u still wona reduce hp ? sounds .....

DARK
DARKLORD's picture

yeah i agree a script where your wepon switch is faster is cheat, i use a particular bind which makes my weapons fire on switch,but its no faster, just easier, in my imo this isnt cheating, but a script where you get a clear advantage is cheating i agree

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous
ghost wrote:

darklord u mis a point a bit slip u to, i can show u what works a switch script and im guarantire its is cheat....

deferent hitbox is defenityly cheat

nonstandard model, u get adventage, u r cheater

weaponswitching script = cheat, u can say that is comes from the game nad ppl have choice use it or not use, but the wait cmd was removed on meny q3 mods to block oportunity to shot faster, bycose whole bunch off ppl decide its a cheat...

r_picmip comes from the game and all ppl can use it, for me i dont need to use it, may be blocked, but is a free cmd and all ppl have choice use it or not, chances are tide

cg/xp_enemModel, cg/xp_enemyColors - these two comands are anti camp cmds, bycose some unfair players chose tiny models and color close to wall colors bycose they wona be invisible, and wona hide in corner and camp enemies, thats why these wto cmds exist in promode, osp, e+, and others mods based on q3

just look at cs or cod, these games are dominatet by campers do u wona do to q3 theseame ?

@nexus i realy dont know why u r teling that weapon jumps need limits ? just cant underand u in this point, u wona that splases give damage to person who uses the weapon jump ? u can kill yors enemy by one railshot and u still wona reduce hp ? sounds .....

Well about the scripts I personally dont like them but to be quite honest , they dont seem to be cheats they are in the game, people may not like them cause they are usually secret, but this is EXCESSIVE PLUS meaning things are in Excess, if u want a MOD with restricted picmip or less scripting commands I guess this isnt ur liking. And to point out something , easy just added a new scripting command for weapons, so if he doesnt think weapon scripts arnt cheating that just adds to my debate.

I am not encouraging scripts, but script commands are built in the game/MOD just like the the picmip option so I dont how any one could call a option in a MOD a cheat.

On the other hand a modified model or skin with the intention to gain an advantage over another player could be concidered cheating just like the invisable skin, its not natural and its different then ENEMY MODELS AND COLORS because a player just needs to use the CFG to change those values, where is the skin is a extra file required.

Sorry if the words are written poorly I am doing 2 things at once and there is also alot of debate to cover , but I am up for it Happy look for me in the IRC Channel.

[MR.]^SlipStream
Johny's picture

But Deex do you think weapon scripts are ok?

CLEMSON TIGERS ARE #1
**RETIRED**1st E+ forum whore Muhahaha :mrgreen:
*2nd highest NON-CHEATED post count***RETIRED**

|¯|E><US
nexus's picture

I'd like to see a comparison of someone using fragbox skin vs tankjr compared to someone using repeated weapon jumps and no weapon jumps. :roll:

(\/)
(O.o)
0('')(")

saint
Saint's picture

Uh? Isnt weapon jumps part of the game?

1337W4R3Z )NWC(
1337w4r3z's picture

If you don't want weapons jumps play any other mod or regular quake xp_enemymodel is there and is no cheat as well as enemy colors and as for frag box I don't use it but seems the same as tankjr so it is ok, picmip is also there for some reason and is part of the game, so stop whining about it, only cheat to me seems the re-switch weapon to shoot faster anthing else is ok, something else if there are features built into this mod and someone don't know how to use it it doesn't make the rest a cheater for knowing how to use it if anyone have doubts they should ask.

So I only agree with you on this re-switch weapon to shoot faster is gay anything else is ok.