Freon

222 replies [Last post]
(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Forum moderator
haxxus's picture
Online
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
US United States
Re: Freon

Main threat updated with recent rotation changes, they are as follows:
looking for replacements for duplicate maps, feel free to submit suggestions, i'm missing some popular ctf maps as you can see on rotation 20, dm7 repeats for both player count settings

Tiers:
/ 1 \ big maps, 6-8+ clients or more,
/ 2 \ normal maps, from 5 to 8 players
/ 3 \ small maps, 4 players
/ 4 \ small maps, 2 to 3 players
/ 5 \ Training Maps for 1 Player

Every CTF map has the option to /callvote mode tdmTDM players at 0 fraglimit, 5 minute timelimit
Tiers 1 to 3 play 3x tags then a CTF
Tier 4 runs 3x FFA's and a CTF
Tier 5 does training on Octagon map with 15 bots on red team


// Rotation 1 \\
/ 1 \ overkill --- 8+
/ 2 \ overkill --- 5-7
/ 3 \ q3dm4 --- 4
/ 4 \ q3dm4 --- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon -- 1 Training

// Rotation 2 \\
/ 1 \ cpm27 ---- 7+
/ 2 \ tornado --- 5-6
/ 3 \ q3dm3 ---- 4
/ 4 \ q3dm3 ---- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon --- 1 Training

// Rotation 3 \\
/ 1 \ q3dm14+ --- 8+
/ 2 \ q3dm14 ---- 5-7
/ 3 \ q3tourney2 - 4
/ 4 \ q3tourney2 - 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ---- 1 Training

// Rotation 4 \\ CTF - TDM vote map - Proverek
/ 1 \ Devolved_CTF - 8+
/ 2 \ taq3ctf1 ------ 5-7
/ 3 \ q3ctf1 -------- 2-4
/ 4 \ octagon ------- 1 Training

// Rotation 5 \\
/ 1 \ ermap3 --- 8+
/ 2 \ q3mexx1 - 5-7
/ 3 \ q3dm2 --- 4
/ 4 \ q3dm2 --- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon -- 1 Training

// Rotation 6 \\
/ 1 \ 6++ ---------- 7+
/ 2 \ q3dm6remix -- 5-6
/ 3 \ q3dm6 ------- 4
/ 4 \ q3dm6 ------- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ------ 1 Training

// Rotation 7 \\
/ 1 \ foolishlegacy - 7+
/ 2 \ obs3dm5 ---- 5-6
/ 3 \ q3dm1 ------ 4
/ 4 \ q3dm1 ------ 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ----- 1 Training

// Rotation 8 \\ CTF - TDM vote map - Overkill
/ 1 \ mapel4b --- 8+
/ 2 \ q3wcp17 --- 5-7 - BFG Bounce OFF
/ 3 \ q3dm3 ----- 2-4
/ 4 \ octagon ---- 1 Training

// Rotation 9 \\
/ 1 \ cpm14 ---------- 7+
/ 2 \ pro-q3tourney7 -- 5-7
/ 3 \ pro-q3tourney7 -- 4
/ 4 \ pro-q3tourney7 -- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon --------- 1 Training

// Rotation 10 \\
/ 1 \ jugulatordm2v2 - 9+
/ 2 \ q3shw14 ------ 5-8
/ 3 \ jstrq3dm2 ----- 4
/ 4 \ jstrq3dm2 ----- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ------- 1 Training

// Rotation 11 \\
/ 1 \ q3dm11+ - 8+
/ 2 \ q3dm11 -- 5-7
/ 3 \ q3dm3 --- 4
/ 4 \ q3dm3 --- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon -- 1 Training

// Rotation 12 \\ CTF - TDM vote map 1++
/ 1 \ stonekeep -- 9+
/ 2 \ q3wcp23 --- 5-8 - BFG Bounce OFF
/ 3 \ q3dm4 ----- 2-4
/ 4 \ octagon ---- 1 Training

// Rotation 13 \\
/ 1 \ mario ------- 8+
/ 2 \ theedge ----- 5-7
/ 3 \ q3tourney3 -- 4
/ 4 \ q3tourney3 -- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ----- 1 Training
// Rotation 14 \\
/ 1 \ psidm7 -------- 8+
/ 2 \ rustgrad ------- 5-7
/ 3 \ seamsandbolts - 4
/ 4 \ seamsandbolts - 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ------- 1 Training

// Rotation 15 \\
/ 1 \ mario ------- 9+
/ 2 \ q3dm8+ ---- 7-8
/ 3 \ q3dm8 ----- 4-6
/ 4 \ cpm8 ------ 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon --- 1 Training

// Rotation 16 \\ CTF - TDM vote map 6++
/ 1 \ courtyard -- 8+
/ 2 \ q3ctf4 ---- 5-8
/ 3 \ q3dm17 -- 2-4
/ 4 \ octagon -- 1 Training

// Rotation 17 \\
/ 1 \ poq3dm5 ---- 8+
/ 2 \ dc_map07 --- 5-7
/ 3 \ shifter_eb2 -- 4
/ 4 \ 13base ----- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ---- 1 Training

// Rotation 18 \\
/ 1 \ q3dm13+ ----- 8+
/ 2 \ ts_q3dm13 --- 5-7
/ 3 \ q3dm13 ----- 4
/ 4 \ q3dm5 ------ 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ----- 1 Training

// Rotation 19 \\
/ 1 \ rota3dm4 ------- 9+
/ 2 \ 7++ ----------- 6-8
/ 3 \ q3dm7 -------- 4-5
/ 4 \ ztn3tourney1 -- 2-3 FFA
/ 5 \ octagon ------ 1 Training

// Rotation 20 \\ CTF - TDM vote map Mario
/ 1 \ q3ctf2 --- 8+
/ 2 \ q3dm7 -- 5-7
/ 3 \ q3dm7 -- 2-4
/ 4 \ octagon - 1 Training


(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Forum moderator
haxxus's picture
Online
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
US United States
Re: Freon

updates made to sg, testing Radial to avoid random pellet distribution

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Forum moderator
haxxus's picture
Online
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
US United States
Re: Freon

Removed PW/Items update:

Regen, Invisibility, Mega and Flight.

Only Battle suit / haste and quad remains on top of regular health pickups.

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Forum moderator
haxxus's picture
Online
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
US United States
Re: Freon

Added 13circle ctf map to rotation 20, tried it last night and it seems like a perfect map for our movement style, feel free to download / try it / let me know what you think.

.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Re: Freon
METEORKID wrote:

Shady posting a pm on the forum doesnt make it a pm anymore. The post contains insults hence, Its delelted. If you want to deal with SK either face him on the forum in a respectable way, or keep your pms private. Thankyou. This goes for you as well SK.

"Shady posting in a PM on the forum" can be considered an open letter, especially because I did not know or care to look up the server owners or admins, so didn't know what ShadowKnight's role was (owner/proprietor/rcon holder/generic ref), and could have helped. The guy I was mistaken for also shot me a quick PM, which would not have happened if I didn't write anything here.

Insults should only be considered as rule-breaking if they are out-of-context and uncalled for, not when talking about a ban for "moving with rocketjumps like another guy who got banned" and sharing an IP range with some other guy. I'd understand if I connected to the server and started strutting around and mocking the mod or the server, but I'd been there for a few maps, have kept things civil, which can also be verified since one of the spectating troglodytes was recording a demo (I assume either multi-view or my POV, but either way, it'd show text chat). But hey, what do I know about rules, I only co-wrote the second draft of forum rules with madbringer in 2007 and have, after being a moderator here for a couple of years pre-EDAWN split and administrating bigger, non-mod specific quake portals since then. But it's the CURRENT YEAR, awards for participation are a proud global tradition, and calling people what they are is a crime against humanity that breaches the Geneva convention. That, and the rules on this forum may have changed since then.

Either way, you've warned both sides, dealt with the issue as professionally as possible, and I may not agree with your decision, but you've followed logic and a certain rule guidelines so no quarrels from me.

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:

The issue has been dealt with privately. The reasons for making a pm public are explained above, and this whole situation didn't rise out of malice, but rather gross incompetence. The most professional course of action would have been just to shrug and move on amicably, but what I did not appreciate (even moreso than the ban... people can make mistakes) was being talked to in a familiar tone by somebody multiple levels (echelons, castes, whatever) below myself, how I was immediately banned without a chance to defend myself, and the sick, childlike pleasure he took in explaining my ban "your zatan, and now you've made things worse for yourself" (and especially since Zlatan is not even a cheater, but from what I've gathered was banned as a result of some petty squabbles with reasoning behind them ever dumber than on my ban.

Oh and the whole thing could have been easily avoided if any of the asinine jizz farmers on the server just used a /tell ID cvar to ask "r U zLaTaN???/" to which I would have easily replied "lolwho?" "No, I'm Shady'AK".

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Forum moderator
haxxus's picture
Online
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
US United States
Re: Freon
.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:

METEORKID wrote:
Shady posting a pm on the forum doesnt make it a pm anymore. The post contains insults hence, Its delelted. If you want to deal with SK either face him on the forum in a respectable way, or keep your pms private. Thankyou. This goes for you as well SK.

"Shady posting in a PM on the forum" can be considered an open letter, especially because I did not know or care to look up the server owners or admins, so didn't know what ShadowKnight's role was (owner/proprietor/rcon holder/generic ref), and could have helped. The guy I was mistaken for also shot me a quick PM, which would not have happened if I didn't write anything here.

Insults should only be considered as rule-breaking if they are out-of-context and uncalled for, not when talking about a ban for "moving with rocketjumps like another guy who got banned" and sharing an IP range with some other guy. I'd understand if I connected to the server and started strutting around and mocking the mod or the server, but I'd been there for a few maps, have kept things civil, which can also be verified since one of the spectating troglodytes was recording a demo (I assume either multi-view or my POV, but either way, it'd show text chat). But hey, what do I know about rules, I only co-wrote the second draft of forum rules with madbringer in 2007 and have, after being a moderator here for a couple of years pre-EDAWN split and administrating bigger, non-mod specific quake portals since then. But it's the CURRENT YEAR, awards for participation are a proud global tradition, and calling people what they are is a crime against humanity that breaches the Geneva convention. That, and the rules on this forum may have changed since then.

Either way, you've warned both sides, dealt with the issue as professionally as possible, and I may not agree with your decision, but you've followed logic and a certain rule guidelines so no quarrels from me.

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:

The issue has been dealt with privately. The reasons for making a pm public are explained above, and this whole situation didn't rise out of malice, but rather gross incompetence. The most professional course of action would have been just to shrug and move on amicably, but what I did not appreciate (even moreso than the ban... people can make mistakes) was being talked to in a familiar tone by somebody multiple levels (echelons, castes, whatever) below myself, how I was immediately banned without a chance to defend myself, and the sick, childlike pleasure he took in explaining my ban "your zatan, and now you've made things worse for yourself" (and especially since Zlatan is not even a cheater, but from what I've gathered was banned as a result of some petty squabbles with reasoning behind them ever dumber than on my ban.

Oh and the whole thing could have been easily avoided if any of the asinine jizz farmers on the server just used a /tell ID cvar to ask "r U zLaTaN???/" to which I would have easily replied "lolwho?" "No, I'm Shady'AK".

And you think replying Your were not him would of make any difference, what do you think exactly players hiding their identity when asked if they are who they are say?. My 'childish' respond was to Zatan whom i thought you where at the time based on our conversations.

As i explained to you the concordance was very close together with timing from you joining the day after hes ban after him claiming to have some sort of deeper older account/identity here, i made the mistake for banning the incorrect individual but I did not offend you.
You could of easily managed the situation to the point where i would apologize by you simply explaining and showing all you did Before all the offensive and idiotic part that followed but instead you felt it was better to completely out of logic and context belittle, humiliate and offend me, for an obvious mistaken ban? and even take such vulgar attitude on public.
( thankfully deleted by our forum moderator )

look pal, Zatan's ban was dealt with to the point where he apologized as he should for the things that happened, things you should have no knowledge about. I gave you a fair middle ground to both forget apologize and start over yet you declined, that ship has sailed with your last PM so you should stop trying to point fingers and raise false awareness wile what ever reputation you had here keeps vanishing.

.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Re: Freon

Quote:
that ship has sailed with your last PM


The PM and the post were written one after the other, so no shit, Sherlock.
You've pathetically requested an apology and stubbornly refused to see how this dumb this whole situation makes you look.

You are not owed anything, this entire clusterfuck was both unnecessary
and not started by me. It's your prerogative to ban people on your own
server, even wrongfully and without any investigation, but it's my
prerogative to call out fucktardation of the lowest level when I see
fit.
Supposing if some other British former quaker within the same IP range
connected instead (it's possible, the UK is smaller by area size than
fucking Arizona, and there are not that many competing ISPs here , and
you and your down-syndrome pals wrongully banned them instead? Player
numbers are dwindling, and you're just chasing a potential userbase away
for stupid reasons, in a stagnating mod, on an awesome, but (sadly)
dying genre of game (deathmatch arena FPS). They'd just leave and shrug,
I only vented because I'm familiar with the mod. Saturday night, 6
people on the server, and 5 of them conspire to ban the 6th for no
reason and don't even carry out a proper investigation before doing so.
You probably mean well, but the way you've conducted yourself in this
situation is beyond ridiculous. I am not interested in your apologies,
being unbanned from your server, or starting over. You can say "that ship has sail", I call it a burned bridge. As for "reputation keeps vanishing", why concern myself with the opinions of peons who border on mental retardation? In fact if I was highly regarded by a fucking idiot like you, it would reflect badly on myself.

I've stated now three times (four if you include the PM I turned into an open letter which was later deleted) that if unbanned, I would not come back to your server, even if promised paid compensation or under duress such as being held at gunpoint.

.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
The issue has been dealt with privately.

I refer to the above quote from my previous post. I am not interested in being unbanned or any conflict resolution, just wanted to point out the idiocy and hypocrisy that goes on your "server", that's all. Now that's done, there is no point in either of us communicating further or responding, as some points of view will just not bee see, and we'll just keep going in circles, a phenomenon we now understand thanks to Profs Dunning and Krüger.

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Forum moderator
haxxus's picture
Online
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
US United States
Re: Freon
.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:

Quote:
that ship has sailed with your last PM


The PM and the post were written one after the other, so no shit, Sherlock.
You've pathetically requested an apology and stubbornly refused to see how this dumb this whole situation makes you look.

You are not owed anything, this entire clusterfuck was both unnecessary
and not started by me. It's your prerogative to ban people on your own
server, even wrongfully and without any investigation, but it's my
prerogative to call out fucktardation of the lowest level when I see
fit.
Supposing if some other British former quaker within the same IP range
connected instead (it's possible, the UK is smaller by area size than
fucking Arizona, and there are not that many competing ISPs here , and
you and your down-syndrome pals wrongully banned them instead? Player
numbers are dwindling, and you're just chasing a potential userbase away
for stupid reasons, in a stagnating mod, on an awesome, but (sadly)
dying genre of game (deathmatch arena FPS). They'd just leave and shrug,
I only vented because I'm familiar with the mod. Saturday night, 6
people on the server, and 5 of them conspire to ban the 6th for no
reason and don't even carry out a proper investigation before doing so.
You probably mean well, but the way you've conducted yourself in this
situation is beyond ridiculous. I am not interested in your apologies,
being unbanned from your server, or starting over. You can say "that ship has sail", I call it a burned bridge. As for "reputation keeps vanishing", why concern myself with the opinions of peons who border on mental retardation? In fact if I was highly regarded by a fucking idiot like you, it would reflect badly on myself.

I've stated now three times (four if you include the PM I turned into an open letter which was later deleted) that if unbanned, I would not come back to your server, even if promised paid compensation or under duress such as being held at gunpoint.

.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
The issue has been dealt with privately.

I refer to the above quote from my previous post. I am not interested in being unbanned or any conflict resolution, just wanted to point out the idiocy and hypocrisy that goes on your "server", that's all. Now that's done, there is no point in either of us communicating further or responding, as some points of view will just not bee see, and we'll just keep going in circles, a phenomenon we now understand thanks to Profs Dunning and Krüger.

The circle is in your mind, besides your incident nothing as you describe 'goes on on freon' any two rational individuals can come to common grounds without such futile propaganda. Without need you took it out of proportion seeking some sort of retaliation and in the process expressing your vulgar dark attitude towards me and e+ ( mostly on the initial removed msg ). I'm actually glad this happened so as to have really known you, such ban will remain indefinitely on all our servers.

And to be clear, uk has over 200 isps to which all are tagged under their given company name when traced, i did not share your ip with anyone on the server it was given only to frr and meteor to confirm you did not logged in prior with a different ip and the guy on spec recording whom you further offended is my automated mvd bot that records every game.

superbad!
Divx's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Re: Freon

Everything in its right place!shit dont change. This is a fkn dream.

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 780 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Re: Freon
(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:

The circle is in your mind, besides your incident nothing as you describe 'goes on on freon' any two rational individuals can come to common grounds without such futile propaganda. Without need you took it out of proportion seeking some sort of retaliation and in the process expressing your vulgar dark attitude towards me and e+ ( mostly on the initial removed msg ). I'm actually glad this happened so as to have really known you, such ban will remain indefinitely on all our servers.

And to be clear, uk has over 200 isps to which all are tagged under their given company name when traced, i did not share your ip with anyone on the server it was given only to frr and meteor to confirm you did not logged in prior with a different ip and the guy on spec recording whom you further offended is my automated mvd bot that records every game.

That... that is not what I meant at all. Actually, now it all makes sense (the fact you have no reading comprehension and misunderstood or completely missed every point I wrote, make childlike spelling mistakes, cannot follow logic, do not understand metaphors, have no understanding of objectivity or seeing things from a neutral point of view("bad man is bad cos he said bad things): you're not just really, really stupid, you legitimately have a severe learning disability.
I now feel genuinely sorry, it's one thing to shitpost towards an arrogant and stupid prick for being stupid and arrogant, but it feels wrong to do it to a disabled person who cannot help who they are due to the Dunning-Krüger effect, can't even grasp anything being written to them.
May the Elder Gods have mercy on anyone's soul who wishes to communicate with you without a potato-to-English interpreter online to translate and explain things for you, and a tard wrangler physically present to stop you harming yourself and your surroundings.

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory