fps higher than 125?

37 replies [Last post]
^█EN█si|_encE
PoOTiETanG's picture

The common misconception that increasing sv_fps will increase server performance. This is not the case. Quake 3 engine games hold 50ms of snapshot data (50ms = 20 sv_fps)

Increasing sv_fps to 30 decreases the snapshot backfill to 30ms which can increase latency (it\'s a bug in the scoreboard code)

This can improve performance slightly, but prediction errors will occur more often and users with high pings will see decreased performance/prediction errors.

Velocity recommends you set your sv_fps value to 20 - 30.

com_maxfps is setted to 125 cause human eye dont see more as 125

-->Excessive comes from learning the advantages and disadvantages of each weapon, what weapon is called for in different situations, and what works best against each weapon in the hands of opponents<-- All Other Is Brainless Shooting

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture
. wrote:

Also dont forget that fps is very much connected to your monitors refresh rate.In short,its better to have higher refresh rate then fps,for example 125 fps on 120 Hz will be smoother then 125 fps on 85 Hz.

Ratz is right, My monitor only supports 85hz refresh rate therfore setting /com_maxfps "125" is pointless. Im using r_swapinterval "1" to cap the fps to 85 (the monitor refresh rate) and its much more stable. Im sure there are plenty of people using 125 when their monitor cant hack it, and its causing them graphics shred. The easiest thing to do is shout "LAG" Tongue

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

D
Dementor's picture

I can get 1000 stable without any drops but playing @ 125 is more then enough

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

1000 stable? thats bull, i got an 8800 ultra in here and it only goes at around 300-500...what are u usin mate?

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

Warren G
FELiX's picture
-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant wrote:

1000 stable? thats bull, i got an 8800 ultra in here and it only goes at around 300-500...what are u usin mate?

i guess uber-over-pro-clocked-quad-duble-sli Big grin

D
Dementor's picture

I forgot to mention that iam getting 1000 fps stable only with a tweaked cfg and i havent tryed it @ standard i think it would be like 400 a 500 like you just mentioned Tyrant Winking

*S!SOUL*TOOL!
QuAkEr1985's picture
-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant wrote:

ive got a geforce 7600 gt and my fps goes up to 800 Shock

anyway...i think a higher fps then 125 isnt that usefull.

btw:the human eye cant see single pics if they re skipping faster then 24 fps Big grin

Click if u wanna become PRO!

+l#+l#+z#+z#+u#+u#+p#+p#
moonshield's picture
*S!SOUL*TOOL! wrote:

btw:the human eye cant see single pics if they re skipping faster then 24 fps Big grin

It's 74. Steam automatically limits the fps of their games to 72-74 but you can change that if you want. I use 100, there's no need for 125. I see no difference between 100 and 125, other than 125 is 25 greater.

ghost

always like to heard profesionals* opinions about these maters Happy

both of u are wrong, video rendering have nothing to do with eye cabability, 25frames are PAL TV video standard, to give smooth video they put one frame end on other frame begining, so scene betwen frames are blured combine of two frames then count 1frame of movie is seen as 3 frames, that the idea of stream that 75frames must be inaf for eye watching on tft monitor, its meybe inaf on tft couse he is not able to refresh scenes faster than 75hz enyway... but is not on crt... if u think again u see in TV standard not 3 frames but 2blured on begining 1 focused and another 2blured at end it gives then 125frames Happy who has right then? nobody.... every rendered frame is continous separate scene of video what u seeying, if human eye is able to notice deferences betwen video rate on lvl 75hz then on 120hz it mean it is also able to see deferences in rendering video scene, kep a note on tft monitor its deferent thing than on way faster crt. there in redered video are no blured frames as in PAL TV witch gives smothnes so its 5times esier to see deference

its most stupid thing to standarize what human can do and cant, there are planty of expermients witch proves human eye will catch the deference, the fact of that human might get use to some lackness and stop noticing it is also part of that game Happy

if u watching someone playing football then u see thet in 25frames? what a bs..... u can see it with speed of light propagation, can someone measure frequency of brain updates? pffff

officiallydead

einstein spoke!
ehm i mean hq Big grin