fps higher than 125?

37 replies [Last post]
ZEPAR*WGVD*
BOOma's picture
I read in the sticky config help that com_maxfps 125 is ideal for movement
but then I read how players use fps 333 for soldier of fortune etc. , IF a pc can handle fps higher than 125 would it make sense in quake?

JIVA wrote:

HIPPIES are SUPPORTED :
Hippies is many times druged. Easy target for brain vanishing.
Simply : My self. I was druged and read book writed by guru.
I em tired. ... Blabbering. ... Oh dear Krishna ... blabberbla blabbr
Meditation make your cg_fov 360 and more standardly easy as 140 or
dream ... eh ... who know astral ??

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture
fps higher than 125?

hmmm......its question Idea

my opinion to fps is, that 333fps for e+ will be is useless because i dont feel the difference between 90 and 125

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture

Not really any sense cos you wouldnt notice the difference between a solid 125 and a solid 250, 500, etc.

Also, if your computer is powerful enoughm then ye, but the most popular pbsv config would kick you cos when it checks your cvars, it wants your max_fps to be no larger or equal to 125 FPS or kick for 1 minute

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Having exceeedingly high fps in q3 is not allowed by most pb.cfg's cause you start to get laggy, and really hard to hit.

Also higher than 125 makes no sense, cause there is no aditional benefit to movement.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

emaciej's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

Also higher than 125 makes no sense, cause there is no aditional benefit to movement.

It is Happy

With com_maxfps 333 you make longest jumps on q3 engine based games. Longer then on 125. Thus its limited by pb. It gives unfair advantage.

Besides its not about hihgest com_maxfps possible but about "magic" com_maxfps and cl_maxpackets and stuff Happy

http://www.funender.com/quake/info/q3connection.htm

ghost

yeah u will jump higer and longer but if comes to to bunny jumping not single jumps still 125 is beter

the prob with higer fps is u are going to be laggy if u set it to hight so 125 is best solution

ZEPAR*WGVD*
BOOma's picture

k thx for fast answers Big grin
I think I read somewhere for quake osp it is limited to 125, so I thought perhaps in e+ it's changed ( I also tried 200 fps on a server, but I think there was no pb Happy )

JIVA wrote:

HIPPIES are SUPPORTED :
Hippies is many times druged. Easy target for brain vanishing.
Simply : My self. I was druged and read book writed by guru.
I em tired. ... Blabbering. ... Oh dear Krishna ... blabberbla blabbr
Meditation make your cg_fov 360 and more standardly easy as 140 or
dream ... eh ... who know astral ??

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
fps higher than 125?

physics are made by sv_fps and not com_maxfps
sv_fps 333 let u jump exactly 56 units high, means u can jump longer, also u got 16 units climb up.
333 is such a magic value for having stable jump highs
sv_fps 125 let u make a 48 units jump, +16 climb up if i remember right (dunno if it was 16 or 24 on both or just on one of them)
com_maxfps 333 is just good for synchronisation, but i think even hq wont manage to get vsync then Smug

edit: for info, sv_fps 20 and 30 give as far as i know 47 units jump high.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

emaciej's picture

http://www.funender.com/quake/info/fps.htm

calculator (doesnt work in FF)

com_maxps does make difference, try it on circle jumps on xcm_tricks2, make the last one with 125 and then with 333, its hell of a difference

It only works for circle jumps but not for strafe jumps,at least not for me.Actually I feel that strafe jumping is worse on 333 fps,not better.Talking also about xcm_tricks2.Also dont forget that fps is very much connected to your monitors refresh rate.In short,its better to have higher refresh rate then fps,for example 125 fps on 120 Hz will be smoother then 125 fps on 85 Hz.I tested this in fifa and it appeared correct for me,couldnt get those smooth ball moves untill Ive set the monitor to 120 hz... altho fps was constantly arround 100-120.
Also in quake I dont notice much better results with 333 then with 125 fps.Only on circle jumps u can feel it.

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

i seem to remember reading on one of the guides that servers tend to crash if they have one or more guys on fps 333 for some weird reason. cant seem to remember where i read it or why it happens Confused.

but anyways the miniscule difference u get going from 125 to a higher value is only gonna make u happy if ur really really anal :].

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan