Excessive+News [31.08.2010]

32 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Re: Excessive+News [31.08.2010]
madbringer wrote:

Skull could probably elaborate more on the subject, and throw down some real data,

actually i can not since i roughly have reference expirience, however, beside overbounce problems e+ has many other flaws as cgaz told me back as it was still 1.03. still all those small flaws have less then 1 or 2% game influence and therefor are unimportant.

bigger bugs are rather things like timeout makes u end up at a total different place which is imo the source of other bugs, a fix might fix some other ping related interpolation bugs (depends on the fix, if the fix just puts u back to ur start timeout position it wont help at all since its just a hotfix for the timeout, not for the problem itself)

ps: out of gaming expirience i can tell u, never fight on stairs, in no shooter u ever play.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

D e c e m b e r
Developer
brb24hours's picture
lagstard wrote:

With physics 1 it does bring a lot of prediction errors...

If your 1.03 client is properly configured (got xps info from the server) then you will get 'prediction error' but not 'prediction miss' (ie it is below the theshold of 0.1). I have removed the treshold and can now say that the miss is always about and below 0.00006, so it looks like nothing more than float trimming effect. Another reason is that miss value does not depend of ping. I have tried 0 and 300 and got the same; i would even say that at higher ping i get less errors (yet dunno why..)

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

there have been rumours e+ has been high ping optimized :PP

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
D e c e m b e r wrote:

lagstard wrote:

If your 1.03 client is properly configured (got xps info from the server) then you will get 'prediction error' but not 'prediction miss' (ie it is below the theshold of 0.1). I have removed the treshold and can now say that the miss is always about and below 0.00006, so it looks like nothing more than float trimming effect. Another reason is that miss value does not depend of ping. I have tried 0 and 300 and got the same; i would even say that at higher ping i get less errors (yet dunno why..)

Oh lol you're right, then I guess my comments were completely out of place xD. As said, not having the 1.03 source made me make too many mistakes. Sad, I guess I really wanted to find any difference between 1.03 and 1.04 physics so one of my favorite players wouldn't leave.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
lagstard wrote:

D e c e m b e r wrote:
lagstard wrote:

Oh lol you're right, then I guess my comments were completely out of place xD. As said, not having the 1.03 source made me make too many mistakes. Sad, I guess I really wanted to find any difference between 1.03 and 1.04 physics so one of my favorite players wouldn't leave.

Not making a mod catering to 1% of the people playing would go a long way i suspect. Good interview! Ses i Nangijala Happy

=ANU815=
outeris's picture

can i ask ?

why all interviews is from "leaving" players, what are you pointing at ?

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+

3M'blackrose
Black _Rose's picture

why all?Happy first was Fala, he dont go from us:>
Mirc and Laktos are great players and we think other players wanted to know more about their history, how they became so good Happy

rage+
Forum moderator
Zack's picture

maybe nice to see a womans point of view in next interview?
just a suggestion.

3M'blackrose
Black _Rose's picture

yes,we thought about this and few days ago we wrote questions for one women:) soon you will see who is this player:)

and btw http://www.excessiveplus.net/forums/thread/sugestions-about-interview-questions-peopel

3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture

yep womans Smug we alredy have their interview and a few more from other players Smug we are making a date base xD

mm about why all interview of leaving players? allright fala not lieave us Smug cos if he do this he know that i will make a punishment to him :PPPP

and mirc was going to leave us as laktos, so we thinked would be a good idea to have them first on this section Happy cos later cab ne late Smug

any way in that link that blackrose gave to u all pls leave ur sugestions and etc Happy what would you like to see...questions...everything Happy you all are part of e+ news as part of e+ mod Happy

Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway