Excessive+News [31.08.2010]

32 replies [Last post]
3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

laktostolerant wrote:

Nowadays you can get a crt screen that can manage 100 - 120 hz almost for free (People are throwing them on the dumps to be honest XD), it really adds up to the game when you can see all movements crystal clear.

just picked up a 19" crt (i guess its 19") from a friend who hasnt been using it for years, he said since its getting wasted there anyways u can pick it up Big grin and i have 3 other 17" crt here who do the 120hz job on 800x600 just to show how true laktos is with this words.

haha skull u are lucky Smug here in Spain at least in my zone...is difficult to find it...and if i find...is in onother part of Spain and shipping of that big ''thingy'' is more expensive than monitor itself Smug

Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture

then its time for me to reuse the old 120 hz CRT i have. i rly wanna test this crystal clear animations (now that i have a better vcard too then before)
so i'll have 3 monitors on my desktop Big grin crt + lcd + lcd

anyone want a junk lcd brand new ? Rolling on the floor

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Re: Excessive+News [31.08.2010]
epsiplayer wrote:

anyone want a junk lcd brand new ? Rolling on the floor

no thx, i own 3+ crt's Smug

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

.DA|ULTRA.
Ultra D's picture

LOL @ song! epic one (especially chorus and "o kurwa, sorry!" part) Big grin xD

D3L1GH7 wrote:
Okay guys, next time I wanna waste time on a useless topic I'll call you.

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

Sad news, good luck with real life.

Laktos wrote:

The e+ code hasnt been changed according to the devs, kinda hard for the devs to do anything about it if it isnt in code (Almost impossible). That doesnt leave much options for me, as I doubt it would be beneficial to the majority of the community to start pushing for 1.03 servers again.

Actually to be fair I don't think that would be true any longer, but I can't assure it since I never got access to the 1.03 code. After all this time and all the testing done I've come to the conclusion that forward/side movement from 1.04+ physics is indeed different from 1.03's and that the change was made to match cpma's physics (to be more technical, acceleration is increased from 10 to 15 and friction is lowered from 8 to 6). We'll probably add options to change these values in next version (tho custom values for this will add prediction errors for clients using older versions). No idea if that alone would be the source of all of the differences in feeling tho.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

D e c e m b e r
Developer
brb24hours's picture
lagstard wrote:

...forward/side movement from 1.04+ physics is indeed different from 1.03's...

however running with 1.03 client on the new server does not bring prediction errors /if we go by predictable ways/, and that is an obvious physics match... so it is still a myth

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

E+ movement physics feel a lot different from cpm. The most annoying thing is how it handles small ledges and elevations - either you get ejected high into air, or stop dead in your tracks. Skull could probably elaborate more on the subject, and throw down some real data, i can only say that in general it feels a lot less "responsive" and intuitive, at least when you're really trying to use ground movement.

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

lol Tongue why not to add another value for physics bitmask such as up/down Happy
with up you get higher and with down you get lower on the jump move

Wanna avoid seeying mow, skull & co Surprise

Check this peacefull place

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
D e c e m b e r wrote:

lagstard wrote:
...forward/side movement from 1.04+ physics is indeed different from 1.03's...

however running with 1.03 client on the new server does not bring prediction errors /if we go by predictable ways/, and that is an obvious physics match... so it is still a myth

With physics 1 it does bring a lot of prediction errors, even on ground movement (physisc 2/3 can't be tested without modifying the engine).

Había una vez un barco chiquito...