CTF Cappers Cup 2008

98 replies [Last post]
EmiR
.EmiR.'s picture

why we dont try some unusual maps, to find and try out some move move?
i think it will be more fun.

Seth

Unusual for most would be any map they don't play regularly.
Try call voting a none standard threewave map, look at all the confused players.

There's about 50 threewave maps total, how many do you actually play?

RONiN wrote:

lol@sethy ur too funny man... if i was a woman, you would make me horny.

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
Seth wrote:

There's about 50 threewave maps total, how many do you actually play?

agreed, but you at least gotta admit that about half of them do not suit excessive. may it be space maps or maps without good jumps (those jumps make excessive ctf so interesting to me) Happy
I mostly support a bigger map pool (see Bananas Cup), but I think trying many new maps doesnt suit the intention of this event.

EmiR
.EmiR.'s picture

sure lets play ctf1-3. but where is the fun and the challenge. look at the ppl who join, only good player, so dont worry if ppl vote that map or not.
if you are a good palyer you can make a capture without flag too.

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture

when CTF players are talking about "standard maps" they mean those: Mkbase, Q3wcp1, Q3w2, Q3wcp4, Q3wcp17, Q3wcp18, Q3w4, Q3wcp14, Mapel4b, (also q3wcp5, q3wcp7, q3w5)

ctf1-4 are "noob maps" (that is no offense, in case someone feels like!! they simply run on servers for newcomers)

a bit unusual but still known is stuff like: q3wcp2, q3wcp3, q3wcp6, q3wcp10, q3w1, q3w3, q3wc8

on all those mentioned maps you most likely wont discover any unknown effective moves.

'ASH

put some highly skilled lakerbot in defense and that's fair!

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture
'ASH wrote:

put some highly skilled lakerbot in defense and that's fair!

Lakerbot? Thinking

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

|AbarTh|
AbarTh's picture

I think I didnt say it already so: Kpa, it is great idea to make such original cup. For me I hope it will be one of best cups I participated. Anyway some questions:

1. What about gtv for that? If not gvt then what about make many free slots on server where will be that cup - just to make all ppl that wanna watch it happy?

2. Who will decide which defenders will block me to not take flag? Me, kpa or lottery?

3. Finally what about spam (I mention about spam coz it is imo the most important thing for atackers participating in cappers ctf cup): If defs can spam, then no problem, but if they cant spam, how it will look exatly: they can shot only when they see me, then tehy can shot bfg, granades and etc in the same time? And what if one of defs will for example shot severa times by bfg into door and kill me? I got point, he gets kicked from server or he gets killed by kpa in real life (Tongue)? xD

Nothing is impossible

pax
pbm's picture
Quote:

Ty abarth - I hope it will work out Happy

1) GTV I think can be nice if we are overun with specs. Maybe let's see how many people want to come and watch first. We can set up unlimited slots but we wanna make sure we dont see lags due to too many specs.

2) It wont be a lotto or the capper who decides. It will most likely be based on availability of defenders, but these are some things I need to start sorting out this week. Happy

3) I dont want to kill the fun because of spam, so yes spamming will not be allowed. The ref will be looking to make sure defs dont use heavy spam.

|AbarTh|
AbarTh's picture

So when we start? im so excited Winking

Nothing is impossible