CTF Cappers Cup 2008

98 replies [Last post]
pax
pbm's picture
CTF Cappers Cup 2008

8th ROUND OF CUP WILL TAKE PLACE ON MONDAY 8th Decemberr 21:00 CET

MAP - q3w4

CHECK HERE FOR RESULTS: http://www.extremedivision.net/

So here’s a cup that’s specifically for Offence/Cappers. CTF is a team game, but this cup is for individuals, so as many people can enter as they want. The basic idea is that you enter as a solo Capper and cap flags against 2 or 3 defenders. You will have 7 minutes to cap as many flags as you can.

Why do this? Sometimes when training with ED we play Off vs Def and after seeing people setting records and stuff like this, I figured it can be nice to drop the pressure of a team game, and focus purely on capping skills.

*Rules*

Arrow Cap as many flags as you can in 7 minutes.

Arrow 1 point is awarded for each flag you cap.

Arrow An additional 3 bonus points can be earned for making the fastest capture on the map. 2 points for the second fastest capture, and 1 point for the 3rd fastest capture.

Arrow A capper can use any tactic they want to get the flag. For example, it’s no problem if you want to try and kill the defence first. Winking

Arrow There will be 1 map played each week, where cappers will be expected to turn up and play their 7 minutes. Scores will be recorded on the night.

Arrow If you miss a map, then you will lose points! If time permits, it might be possible to play your missed map the following week.

Arrow If Defenders see their flag leave the base, they will not be allowed to use KILL to try and spawn on middle.

Arrow One defender will be allowed to chase the capper as far as he wants. It will be agreed between defenders who will chase.

Arrow The chasing defender is not allowed to touch the cappers flag. If for some reason they prevent a capper from capping by taking his flag, the capper will immediately be awarded 1 point.

Arrow If a defender is killed and spawns on middle, he must make his way back to base. If he sees the capper on his way back, he can try to kill him. If he is the chasing defender, he can try to chase the capper.

Arrow PB and Pure on.

Arrow Games will take place on ED Cappers Cup server.

*Maps*

Maps that will be played over 10 weeks, depending on the amount of interest, some maps may take 2 sessions. If we had 10 people, then it will take 70 minutes for everyone to play their 7 minutes. So you only need to turn up for your 7 minute slot. It’s not a massive commitment, so excuses like, “I can’t I got too many CW’s” is bullshit Big grin

Mkbase versus 2 defenders
Q3wcp1 versus 2 defenders
Q3ctf1 versus 2 defenders
Q3w2 versus 2 defenders
Q3wcp6 versus 2 defenders
Q3wcp17 versus 2 defenders
Q3wcp18 versus 2 defenders
Q3w4 versus 2 defenders
Q3wcp14 versus 2 defenders
Mapel4b versus 3 defenders

Start date - looking to start sometime after October 15th so people have time to sign up. Dates for invidual maps will be announced as the cup progresses. Generally I will try to keep the same day each week, but given the nature of the cup, we can probably be a bit flexible.

Configs
The default config will be e5 - very slightly modified. The modification is that the Flag will auto-return if the capper is killed and Quadfactor will be 1.0. No other changes.

Server
88.191.59.89:27999

If you want to take part, please let me know in this thread Happy
Ideas for improvements to the rules/system are welcome.

Cappers Entered:
Fest -ED
Abarth
Gasol
Guardian -ED
Shunker -ED
Honk
Night -ED
Zlow -ED
Cinek
Trax (maybe)
Kong

Defenders
Fatal -ED
JDS Achmed
Seebz WGVD
Unuzero -ED
Ronin
Seqvence
MTK
Reno
BAM -ED
Emil

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture
pax wrote:

Defence volunteers wanted:

:salute:

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

Would be great if you would consider opening this idea to plus players too, as I'm sure a lot would be interested (for both attack and defense). Happy

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

><*PARANOiD.DA
Paranoid's picture

i really like the idea Happy

Mystery of X Website with Mystery of X server browser An advanced server browser that includes live! update and fav servers

>>>>Help me out with e+ rank project<<<<

Seth

Quote:
-If Defenders see their flag leave the base, they will not be allowed to use KILL to try and spawn on middle.

-If a Defender should die in the attack, and spawns on middle, its too late. They must return to their base immediately and are not allowed to kill the Capper on their way back to base.

What a nonsense. Basic for any good defender imho, this gives the attacker all the more chance, since a base attack is only a matter of seconds, it will all revolve around those, the rest is not allowed. This limits it alot.

PS, does every attacker play against the same defence team? If not - no fair since it won't be equal. If so, you do realise defence learns from their mistakes and will play better vs. next attacker right?

RONiN wrote:

lol@sethy ur too funny man... if i was a woman, you would make me horny.

FEST

Sign me in @ offence.

very nice idea... best regards

love ya Kpa!

|AbarTh|
AbarTh's picture

Im in (as atacker). Sign me in!

PS: Imo something in this cup will be weird, You will see durign it what Im talking about... (For example see Seth's post above)

PS2: what cfg? e5 only? or Plus and other one too?

Nothing is impossible

*ZMB*SEEBZ*
Seebz's picture

I'm in for both defense and offense

pax
pbm's picture

Quote:
What a nonsense. Basic for any good defender imho, this gives the attacker all the more chance, since a base attack is only a matter of seconds, it will all revolve around those, the rest is not allowed. This limits it alot.

But thats the point - the emphasis is on Capping the flag, not playing a CW. If a defender decides to try and catch a capper, he is gonna leave his defence open becasue he has no middle man or offence of his own to do that job. Good cappers could take advantage of broken def and go back for a second flag fast. Thats why def must remain on def and not chase past middle. But like I said, I'm happy to change the way it works if everyone agrees. What I want to avoid is a situation where the capper is taking flags with half the defence in place. This is to try and keep it as fair as possible.

An alternative could be that def are allowed to do anything to stop the capper, but are not allowed to take their flag. After a cap is made, the capper could wait until defence say ready before they can start their next attack. That could be an option.

Quote:
PS, does every attacker play against the same defence team? If not - no fair since it won't be equal. If so, you do realise defence learns from their mistakes and will play better vs. next attacker right?

Valid point, that i've thought about, and if possible, yes, they will play against the same defenders on a map. If it's not possible, I don't intend to put someone on def who has never defended that map. Of course defense learn from attackers, but decent defenders will already know the attacks anyway, and different attackers might use different moves/tactics. Thats up to the capper to figure out.

I've struggled with a way to make it as fair as possible, but I think in general if u got 4 or 5 defenders to choose from who are reasonably equal skill, cappers won't mind. At the end of the end of the day, there is no perfect way to do it, and it's a fun comp, not serious.

Thanks Achmed!

As for opening it up to Plus players - I guess this could be done if we get some Plus defenders.

Are you in MTK? Happy

Ty Festy! Happy I've put ur name down.

Anonymous
CTF Cappers Cup 2008

its nice idea, im in for defense

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture

maybe think about supporting the offender with a middle. that way you need to care less about def going on attack mission Winking

but I totally agree to Seth that you most likely wont get fair conditions. Even if you get the same defenders all the time (what I doubt), those defenders will do better after the first games.
(but everyone signing up will be aware of that)

pax wrote:

but I think in general if u got 4 or 5 defenders to choose from who are reasonably equal skill, cappers won't mind.

seeing the actual lineup of defenders the "equal skill" is far from reality Big grin
also there are defenders being good on one map and crap on another (not even talking about "ctf1 or another" now Tongue)