4 flies in 1 stroke

32 replies [Last post]
*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

well here is what i have to say on spamming...

to me the whole point of spamming is not about whether a spammer can kill a good player...in the long term a spammer always looses...so to me that is not a problem..

what is a problem however is that if u keep playing on a config with fast switchtimes ur skill invariably takes a beating...the reason for this is simple - when u have the option of fast switchtimes u always always pay more attention to switching weapons rather than trying to get a better aim..its as if ur mind goes into this mode where it just wants to get all the ammo away without really worrying about where its going...this is patently obvious if u go to a server like deexs where people spam a lot..what ull notice is that all the spamming goes at one spot..i mean if u think about it thats really stupid cos if u miss the enemy with one weapon then whats the point in wasting more ammo on that same spot...

however i have seen people who use switch spam but with them the difference is they hit with a lot more weapons..its not like they spam at the same spot..with them they react fast enough that even with the superfast weap change they aim better...(if u have any doubts just watch the hard.swe movies...he hits with almost every single shot he makes...)..so for them u cant really say spamming is bad...

hmm i think im digressing lol! sorry i do that a lot..

neways the point i wanted to make is that its not the switch times that really matter..its ur attitude..a 10 ms change in switch time wont really matter...if u take the initiative..if u THINK just a little bit..unfortunately all of us find that really tough...guess its easier said than done..

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan

Weebl

a simple friendy question addressed to everyone but mostly ratz... you people change the fast switchtime (already done), remove multijumps and urge people to play with as little weapons as possible, even if possible with rail only (since you say that killing with only one weapon is more skilled)... why dont you people move to instagib Tongue thats exactly how i see e+ becoming Tongue and it seems to suit your standards. meaning, only one weapon so there is not so much fast switchtime, no spamming with all kinds of weapons and of course no multijumps Happy your solution? move to instagib hehe Happy no no no i am VERY against slow switchtimes and that is why this mod is called EXCESSIVE. excessive speed of moving excessive speed of switching excessive speed of fragging. its sad for me to see it transform into instagib... but hey, this is ONLY my humble opinion Happy

NecrogeddoN
necrogeddon's picture

To me switching a weapon in .50 seconds is excessive. Played baseq3 or OSP lately? Switchtime under 2 seconds is excessive.

To me switchtime and multi-weapon combos are about using the weapon that's currently most-suited to the situation -- "situation" meaning your position in relation to the enemy's position, your speed of movement vs. the enemy's speed of movement, the distance between the two of you, the timing of the attacks, and the environment in which the confrontation is taking place.

All of these are factors in the choice to change weapons or stay with the one I'm currently using, not whether or not I miss a shot. :roll: I'm not going to change weapons every time I miss a shot -- what's the point in that? It's changing weapons for the sake of changing weapons, and I think insane-fast switchtimes encourage that kind of thinking: that the purpose of changing weapons is to fire off more shots than is normally possible.

What's the point in firing all those shots if your aim sucks and you're not hitting anything except by chance/luck anyway? Laughing Long post, but what I'm saying here is my feeling on the matter comes down to my way of playing, and most others might not agree with me but they're my reasons for preferring cfgs with paced switchtimes and reload times instead of always playing insta-insanity spam cfgs.

• NVidia GeForce 8400GS

• Logitech MX510

• Hyperglide Teflon Skates

• Steelpad QcK+

• iHome IH-K200MB

• SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

• Logitech Precision Gaming Headphones

• Insignia 32" HDTV

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Quote:
What's the point in firing all those shots if your aim sucks and you're not hitting anything except by chance/luck anyway? Long post, but what I'm saying here is my feeling on the matter comes down to my way of playing, and most others might not agree with me but they're my reasons for preferring cfgs with paced switchtimes and reload times instead of always playing insta-insanity spam cfgs

Well, that's just the thing, man. In OSP or CPMA, if there were such uber-fast switch times, it would change absolutely nothing, bah, maybe except giving the better players even more of an edge over those less skilled. But in E+ weapons are frikking powerful, and in enclosed space areas, on low switch times it turns to a punch-a-key contest, of who will shoot more projectiles in a milisecond.

Of course, not everyone plays like that, the really good players, like Weebs said, don't care what is the switch time, they just adapt and that is all. But roaches like myself take close care to such details. And imo ST 150 is STILL excessive, but not AS excessive.

But like i said in other topic regarding switch times, i would like to see 150 on most of them just for the sake of digging a little hole under the legs of your usual spammer joe.

About multijump, i couldn't care less. I can play with it, i can play without it.

"C4-KICKZ"
KickZ's picture

nice posts guys, tnx!

I am starting to reconsidder my interpretation of FUN:

is having fun in E+ chaotic, messy, spammy but effective killing OR is fun trying to be the best aimer?

to me it depends per day, but i agree with some that getting used to fast weaposwitches is harming overall skill!

...since my videocard is broken, I have to stick to spamm due to poor view though Sad

kx

<drt_nihil> we about wolf and wolf is here

(@enha) damn you, people are dancing, instead of work
(@drt_foksie) she mutated

"Weebull":

Quote:
you people change the fast switchtime (already done), remove multijumps and urge people to play with as little weapons as possible, even if possible with rail only (since you say that killing with only one weapon is more skilled)...

And this is supposed to be adressed to me? I dont think I belong in "those ppl" and I also dont see where I "urge the ppl to play with as little weapons as possible".If u intend to adress to me furtherly,pls do it in a honest matter,by not putting words in my mouth.Necro allready said alot of good stuff,especially about using the right weapon in the right situation,but some ppl have learned combos as a habit and they always use the same combo when switching,and while doing it they do it 2 fast,way faster then others.

Quote:
why dont you people move to instagib

Allready did,I also play ultra freeze and IU but thats not the point,which u obviously missed completely.This IS excessive,but some things went 2 far,1.02b version was also excessive and had perfect switchtimes,noone ever complained about anything there xcept the rail bug.EOT for me,since I allready said all I wanted to say in my previous post and most ppl allready know my opinion about 1.03 in general.

"C4-KICKZ"
KickZ's picture

n1 Ratz

do all lemons play instagib?

<drt_nihil> we about wolf and wolf is here

(@enha) damn you, people are dancing, instead of work
(@drt_foksie) she mutated

Weebl

i said its just a friendly question addressed to EVERYONE but mostly you because i see you have taken up to the whole matter and seem to have more to say than anyone else. the mod is not mine so i can tell people to move out of it, it was just a suggestion. i will end my posts in this thread concluding with what i said in my post in the switchtime thread: its not the switchtime its the player.

mow Q [EN]

black and white webull? Happy but what is between it? most oppinions here have a truth, but nobody has 100 pecent right. it is a middle thing "imo"

Weebl

thats why its called an opinion mate Happy because each person can have his very own Winking