4 flies in 1 stroke

32 replies [Last post]
"C4-KICKZ"
KickZ's picture
As a consequence of MOW's Switchtime topic, I would like to hear your reasons to be against being able to shoot fast.

1st: xp-clan-cfg is too fast, I agree

2nd: plus.cfg is perfect as it is (IMO)

3rd: personally, I think spamming is camping + shooting the walls, hoping someone passes that spot

4th: spamming is NOT trying to aim at 1 player and totally frag him...ending with BFG--> HOLY SHIT Big grin

so, if point 2 and 4 are in effect, what is against shooting as many weapons in a second?

I am not trying to defend my personal favours, but am curious what you think is wrong with point 2 + 4 combined!

cheers! kx Winking

<drt_nihil> we about wolf and wolf is here

(@enha) damn you, people are dancing, instead of work
(@drt_foksie) she mutated

Arax'KG
ar4xis's picture

I'm in favour of fast switchtimes, because I like to use many weapons. First the rail, then either rocket/bfg, and when the opponent is low on hp shotgun. What's annoying is when I change weapons and none of them fire - as a result of that I usually get fragged.

Recently I had better effects by simply aiming with the rail more, and doing more rail shots after I miss, so maybe this is the way to go oO

2!S*vo!d*
void's picture

I have the same problem as arax, but that's our own fault - we just need to learn to keep pressing fire repeatedly if it doesn't fire the first time - switching to another weapon just means another 150ms delay before firing, and if you fire too soon again, still nothing happens and we keep doing the same thing until we get killed Big grin

Maybe they should have written Q3 so that you can't change until your weapon's reloaded Tongue

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

why should i lower my mouses life expectancy by repeatedly tapping the buttons as opposed to just holding it? Evil

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

mow Q [EN]

at tyr, i used my mx1000 for 3 years of hardcoregaming, and it is still working, now i use it just in office Happy. i am used to all switchtimes quiet fast, so no matter for me, i am just tyred of the uncostructive critics, and thats the rason for my votes.

K Kickz,imagine 16 players on dm17 for example and every single one of them is firing 3-4 weapons in 1 sec.Are those the kind of games u would like to see on servers? I know I wouldn't.The reason I'm against fast switchtimes is because u need much less skill to kill someone with 4 weapons then with 1 or 2.The request for skill is droping,and I was just hoping that based on the excellent 1.02b mod,it will continue to develop in that way,in other words make things more challenging.Maybe some dont like it,but I always like a new challenge,that is what will make this mod much more interesting,if u remove multijumps for instance [only an example] the games will get a totally new atmosphere and feeling.And I see it as much more interesting.

>FuC<*Gr3eN*
green's picture

Quote:

Ratz:
K Kickz,imagine 16 players on dm17 for example and every single one of them is firing 3-4 weapons in 1 sec.Are those the kind of games u would like to see on servers? I know I wouldn't.The reason I'm against fast switchtimes is because u need much less skill to kill some with 4 weapons then someone with 1 or 2.The request for skill is droping,and I was just hoping that based on the excellent 1.02b mod,it will continue to develop in that way,in other words make things more challening.Maybe some dont like it,but I always like a new challenge,that is what will make this mod much more interesting,if u remove for example multijumps the games will get a totally new atmosphere and style.And I see it as much more interesting.

true true, low switch needs more skill u must think about next weapon cuz u dont have time for mistakes (for example in movement), and 4 god sake pliz dont tell that firing with 4 weapons in 1 sec dont give u more possibility of hitting enemy, this is fuckin noobT cuz u dont have to have aim with any of these weapons just shoot in "somwhere where enemy is", game can be as dynamic with low switch as with fast, we just need too learn timing and aim, and this is skillT play, peace! ,btw 150 switch is still hella fast Winking but better 150 than 90 or 120 Happy

2!S*vo!d*
void's picture

Quote:
why should i lower my mouses life expectancy by repeatedly tapping the buttons as opposed to just holding it? Evil

Just wait 150ms after firing, it's not long. I've got used to it, easy enough.

R|_|S}{
...Rush...'s picture
4 flies in 1 stroke

If u got fast hands....DO IT.......I use all weapons Happy
fast weapon switching is very good Happy

Asus H310, Intel i5 9600k, 16Gb DDR4, RTX 3060, Logitech MX518

NINJA |¯?¯OLDVAMP¯?¯|
OldVamp's picture

Im on the fence, I like swap spamming but dont like to do it really really fast.
I like the swap time around the range of 150 ms.

"C4-KICKZ"
KickZ's picture

hmmm...i would agree with Ratz and Green if it wasn't that some Quakers CAN kill in 1 shot (most players in top 10 clan can) but prefer to have some excessive fun.

Last week I had 3 days off...read: I had 3 days of SPAM. Just for fun...most of the time was on DEEX (doh--> CHEATER Tongue)...but your skill drops per day if you only spam. I could hardly hit anything anymore just because "because u need much less skill to kill some with 4 weapons then someone with 1 or 2" ...totally true.

So: NO...having 16 players on DM17 who all NEED 4 weapons to kill is a bad scenario. Being able to kill someone with 4 weapons is fun, but it is definately harming your skill if needing 4 weapons is the minimum for a frag.

BUT: if players want to increase skill, please considder cancelling multijumping and rail-only servers Winking

This is still excessive!!!

Conclusion: PLUS/NH.cfg for fun vs. BRO.cfg for skill Big grin

I pick the first

<drt_nihil> we about wolf and wolf is here

(@enha) damn you, people are dancing, instead of work
(@drt_foksie) she mutated