Windows Vista

19 replies [Last post]
mow Q [EN]
who have it already, what experiences u have done untill now. Pls post all about what u know except that CIA worked on it, and that vista is a hardwarekiller, thats what we already know.

go go go

Since i know q3 runs on it, i bought Ultimate Version for 190 € on ebay and will get dilevered beginning next week.

X|_INK

my dad had a bit of a problem gettin q3 to run on it...just the fonts really...and the textures...but that was soon fixed with an older driver....

also beware of your hdd....it'll kill the boot sector...1st hand experiance of that 1...it'll work perfectly untill u try and revert back to XP

~xLink

[ CyberShade || DarkMindZ || iHack ]

Cybershade Inc. - Web Desiging and Developing site.
If any1 needs a clan website just pm me

MSN: Wanted @ Lampshadeproductions.com

torzelan.com
TorZelan's picture

I would like to know reasons to buy it. Honestly, I really want to know. I think it would be cool to have and all (woo new OS!) but it's like, got to have a reason. Especially considering how much problems it seems to have (for now anyway).

New design? Yeah alright that's cool, not really much IMO though but it'll be nice when it's eventually... "Acquired". Bah, guess this will actually have to be bought though.

Better uh... Security yada yada. I never knew anything about that stuff anyway xD

DX10 - yeah baby, but we're not quite there yet anyway I guess.

Also sidenote, I've got an AMD64, so... The 64-bit version would be better to have? What exactly does it do?

(Sorry for the mini-hijack, I just thought it was related enough and yeah, don't want to have spamthreads with almost the same topics ey ^^)

mow Q [EN]

Why you apologise, your Issue is nevertheless reasonable!

X|_INK

~xLink

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture

Arrow I am IT professional since 1994 and I know that new OS and RDBMS hit me soon or later and I am not excited by new releases, more work for me. I have similar opinion as Torzelan, but Microsoft will push us soon or later. Vista is unavoidable like death Big grin. What Vista bring new, honestly I don't care but I will must find out soon Winking
Regards

BBSQUAD CLAN
- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die...

Nag!Out

I know only 1 thing. Recommendet for VISTA is 1024MB of memmory. Soo better collect money Big grin Laughing out loud.

I think also microsoft must now create SP for vista. Like all Windows , Vista on 100% have many errors & tear like XP Big grin

And 1 more thing. Microsoft is sneaky corporation so if we want play on new games with DirectX 10 we can do this only on Vista Big grin

mow Q [EN] wrote:

1 MB Ram? That sounds amazing, nobody can pay that ! Big grin

Big grin fix Tongue

Histroy :
PLUS = FOX Clan >> GSE Clan >> BBS Clan >> KTM Clan >> BURN* Clan >> BBSquad Clan >> MR Clan >> VENDETTA Clan >>
OUT of gaming Happy
RAIL = DUNNO Clan >> OF Clan >> PW Clan
>> OUT of gaming Happy

mow Q [EN]

1 MB Ram? That sounds amazing, nobody can pay that ! Big grin

Seth
nagro E+ wrote:

I think also microsoft must now create SP for vista. Like all Windows , Vista on 100% have many errors & tear like XP Big grin

Service Pack 1 is already been maded, just waiting for the release.

RONiN wrote:

lol@sethy ur too funny man... if i was a woman, you would make me horny.

emaciej's picture

What about PunkBuster?

They say PB is not working with VISTA. Evenbalance promised the day VISTA is released they will make it PB compatible. Did they do it yet?

X|_INK

i has no prob with pb and vista when i installed it last month...

~xLink