windows 7 ping inconstant and high

6 replies [Last post]
CHARRUA
Charrua's picture

hi guys i just installed win 7 and i have a big problem with my ping... normally i have from 90 ms to 120 and not lag ... lagometer clean and not like now with bigs yellow lines on blue bar and the green lines go up and down ... i repeat i have this problem only on w7 and around in others forums a lot o people have same problem with or without quake ..like ut...cod..etc etc

thaks a lot if some one have the solution

CHARRUA
Charrua's picture
Re: windows 7 ping inconstant and high
CHARRUA wrote:

hi guys i just installed win 7 and i have a big problem with my ping... normally i have from 90 ms to 120 and not lag ... lagometer clean and not like now with bigs yellow lines on blue bar and the green lines go up and down ... i repeat i have this problem only on w7 and around in others forums a lot o people have same problem with or without quake ..like ut...cod..etc etc

thaks a lot if some one have the solution

My solution....reinstall with dualboot win xp win 7... win 7 for me have a lot of problems to play quake 3 and i prefer have a stable game in old os

mow Q [EN]

is it the 6th or 7th thread about e+ and win7?

(HK)Spider
spider's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

is it the 6th or 7th thread about e+ and win7?

at least this one used a proper tittle that differs from the others and explains very well before even reading it.

I have win7 and i have no issue with it. But since 2.0 releases the ping have been acting weird.. Anyhow try using the command cl_timenudge -10 - 15 -22

THis will drop your ping.

Quote:
.: | h3ktor dice:
XD
phail ;_;

Visit: http://www.excessiveplus.net/spider/

mow Q [EN]

this will not drop his ping, ofc.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

spider, learn how timenudge works.
in fact, the only thing timenudge does is making the timenudge lag bigger then the win7 lag so it doesnt feel like lag Big grin

also timenudge is restricted by e+ pb conf.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

=ANU815=
outeris's picture

Hey,

iv got idea, as q3 connection is dependent on fps, that means maybe some of u after installing win7 actually have unstable fps's flow, just like our one lnt member: fps dropped and + unsmooth, higher ping (before it haved xp). Card is one of those hd freaks serio.

I suggested (we found out that his one solwed) to see at his video card setup just in case, cause directx games are cool and have high fpss but not q3(this was ridiculous)

lower your AA settings (anti-aliasing) for opengl, or even set it to 0 Happy

Try it. I wonder will it help it.

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+