Win 7 x64 PB issues

4 replies [Last post]
fairyprincess
fairyprincess's picture
I have most up to date PB, I have IOquake3, and it says windows api problem or some sort, pretty generic I'm guessing theres just an incompatability with Win7 and X64, I've looked around and havent seen a fix and wonder if anyone can redirect me.

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture
Win 7 x64 PB issues

as far I know IOquake3 doesnt support PB

fairyprincess
fairyprincess's picture

How do I run quake 3 with PB on win7 x64 then? I have original quake 3 CD but it wouldnt install properly.

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture
Win 7 x64 PB issues

hum, if u cant drag drop your q3 folder on to this install of windows then u can always use the xp compatibility mode to install it.(the vm u can download from ms website) http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

fairyprincess
fairyprincess's picture

Alright now I feel really freakin special. I drag and dropped like you said divx, but that didnt work out perfect at first, the install in the main portion of the CD did not work to any avail, but what I did was, I went in the quake3 folder within that CD's copied folder, then did that install. The install worked great, but then I tried running just quake.exe to see if it worked, I got a issue called version 4 expected 3 or somthing, so quake 1.16 does not work whatsoever on win7x64 home premium. Thats alright though, I tried to see if there was a fix, there wasnt, I was pissed thinking nothing would work.

Then I installed the 1.32 as admin in compatability XPsv2, and holy shit, perfection. Copied my E+ directly over which has a config setup for my crazy display that I had to custom enter a few months back, then updated PB. I best try it all before posting, but so far everything loads up perfect I just need to go to a PB server and see how it goes. Hurray for no need for IOquake3. I shall see you all soon.