VQ 1v1 cup Vol2 ShadyAK 2:0 Fiendsin

15 replies [Last post]
EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture
.:: Game for 1vs1 Vanilla Cup vol2 2013

.:: 1st map (ShadyAK's map) pro-q3tourney4 21:1 (Shady won)

.:: 2nd map (Fiendsins map) cpm3a : 37:3 (Shady won)

.:: Gametype: Tournament

.:: Timelimit: 10

.:: Fraglimit: 0

.:: Pure: Enabled

.:: Punkbuster: Disabled (we agreed to play without, due to some problems)

.:: Server: MU * 1v1 VANILLA! - 134.255.236.29:29800

.:: Referee: SP (thankyou much for refing and kind words befor 1st map)

This all is and edited copypasta, if something appears wrong be sure to write it on a piece of paper and stick it where sun dont shine Happy

Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture

gg)

V.O.D:

gg and thanks evilution for playing and sp for ref) Below are the timestamps for the time interesting shit happens during the VOD))

* I had 1080p and 60fps recording, but I only had a 1.5 megabit/s buffer instead of the regular 3mb/s, which is why it looks so shit and youtube recognised it as 360p Sad

Anyways, the point of the video was to chronograph the process of a dueller while the match goes on and to try to explain what is happening in the game as it's happening. This way people who don't know much about duel and what gets frags or what sort of decision is efficient and useful here, could watch and after hearing the explanation would be able to understand the point and hopefully emulate it in their games, thus getting better.

Even while recording I realised there's a lot more that needs to be narrated as both casting AND playing is quite difficult as you can't focus on either one, thus diminishing your results in both, so I've added a little transcription)

=== VIDEO TRANSCRIPT (WTIH TIMESCALE ===

First 5 minutes - introduction and talking a bit about duel)

05:48 - what the FUCKK (game starts immediately after)

06:25 - I deliberately jump on the mega in warm-up so my opponent does not notice its location so i could rush to RG straight away

06:59 - Epic fail

07:57 - I express disdain at missing a very easy shot, followed by an angry and confused revealment that I am not sure what is happening right now or where I am.

08:47 - "I can't shoot" I whine 4 seconds before launching a rocket at Evilution's feet, creating a slingshot-like effect, immediately switching to rail and finishing him off.

10:07
- While commentating on the fact I require more rockets since I ran out, I spot a rocket launcher in the pit right next to the teleport, causing me to physically strain in order to crouch for it but grabbing it (as you can hear in the emphasised OOOOOOOH in the "OOOOOOOH SHIT SON"

10:27 - (should be known as "I think that shit's wearing off yo" - flickshot followed by a sigh a relief for no longer shooting like a mongoloid (watch the railshots in the previous 5 minutes apart from the rocket+rail combo, and the rail was average there - all rocket))) to see why) "THANK YOU" (not sure to who, Jesus, Loki, John Carmack, The Creator of Murphy's Law?)

11:23 - CLUTCH AS FUCK YO - I foolishly drop down to attempt to deny rail despite the fact you can hear mid-jump that he already picked it up, making the whole thing pointless, with a mega but no armor I survive thanks to 2 shards cos Fiendsin shoots 2 nice rails, leaving me to barely survive with 8 hp. Then I spontaneously sing "WILL I SURVIVE... TO MAKE IT PAST ANOTHER DAY" then whispering "oh shit son" to obviously indicate that the enemy is nearby and that we should be quiet due to the non-existant health and armor stack. I got some good shit today)))

11:57 - nice rail

16:07 - Last 30 seconds, with Evilution stopping to type I decide it's time for some 180 flickshot training starting off incredibad but gradually getting better. I'VE BEEN AWAY FROM QUAKE TOO DAMN LONG.

16:39 - The milisecond the buzzer rings i go for the a) Delicious Tropical Juice Drank Cool Lighter. Then self-analysis. Then I shamelessly brag about the delicious tropical juice drank akin to the way I've done above (not realising that just 30 seconds into the recording I'd fucking mention it). "See, now we balling." Followed by a message to future SP. CRAZY FAGGOT.

17:38
- Borrowing the sound effects of the first 5 seconds of Dr. Dre's "L'il Ghetto Boy". I then fail to realise that I've made an unfortunate typo in "cpm3a" and claim that the map is not on server, then attempting to write a message on the cup thread or send an im to camel to fix it, stopping hlafway through to check shit. When the screen went dark, I alt+tabbed out.

18:36 - Back From Black

19:14 - Response to my opponent getting the direct RA spawn. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... fucking cunt" then not sure how but managing to not only waste away the ra but actually kill him by hitting really well with the first two shots (his inital health+pickups at the time were 225). Finish is a vertical sg.

19:25 - boss plasma jump $$$

20:08 - no frag but a SICK prediction rocket mid-flight

20:33 - I totally zone out. Despite being railable, i for some reason wonder over to the rocket and the jumppad and the yellow to get fragged straight away. It's like being posessed or some shit, I can honestly find no logic or reasoning in the action I did.

20:45 - I redeem myself (partially) with the plasma that hits evilution mere centimetres away from picking up the 50 health bubble.

20:53 - A sequence of two nice rocket frags one after the other without any mouse movement or twitching, just +forwarding and already having your mouse ready over where the opponent is going to be.

The second frag (which is well explained in the video) is my particular favourite. Not hearing evilution in the immediate vicinity, I know that he either got the RA spawn (which means I would have heard him exit the teleport by now if he didnt go up the stairs), he'll go in the teleport to railgun to get rail. That's like one and a half chances out of two that he's either coming out of place you spam rockets at or you would have heard him by now* (either spawning in nade+mega, lg or near upper teleport, or spawning in RA and going through the teleport exiting next to me). This is also a good time to point out that for some godforsaken reason I forgot to strafe for the duration of the match. Or even worse, forgot HOW to strafe. Don't do drugs, kids))

* In this particular instance at least, as my opponent has the tendency to 1) not delay spawns and 2) +forward and taking certain routes, teleports being a big part of them, but the RA one there's a 50% chance he'd peek at the stair first, or go up them. On the higher end of the duelling spectrum, people tend to both delay their respawn and deliberately try to sneak away from their opponent if they know that the opponent is stacked (had a god amount of health and armor) and would most likely get another conversion kill straight off the spawn.

21:16 - rail finish)

21:18 - I forget that I'm playing on vq3 and not CPM physics and that the circle jump @ jumppad to get to the room is impossible on these physics. I try to redeem with plasma (thus making it official that I have, indeed, gone full retard) before being lg baited in ass and rocket jumping the fuck out of there to get the mega.

21:40, 22:20, 22:34 - I forgot how to strafe but still am SHAFT CHAMPION)

23:05 - Nice 180 on initial rail

23:15 - "Protect ze red" is universal duelling advice, akin to "protect ze corpse" in freeze tag. Can be said at ANY time during the match and not be out of context Tongue

23:30 - SWEET PIXEL RAIL MID-JUMP SON. It's one of (if not the) best frag of the whole match, as i first do damage on fiendsin with a nice rocket, then I jump down to red armor but i see that Fiendsin is in the corner and I can get a shot in so I immediately fired and hit him. This shot is incredibely hard because both the angle and the timing had to be perfect, as I was falling through mid-air.

23:52 - I died like shameful faggot first) But after respawn I do quite well. First, really nice inital SG damage at my opponent mid-jump. Then I get the red and straight up rush Evilution from the other side. (jumping over his head in the process) and laying down the hammer of thor in plasma cell format.

24:16 - I forget it's not CPM physics again, only realising mid-jump that there is no air control (as you can hear by the "NO" during the second miss, which illustrates my frustration AND shows the timing of it quite perfectly). Even worse, forgetting the events which transpired 7 seconds ago (Don't do drugs, kids))) ), I repeat my initial mistake and attempt to force sv_physics to CPM* with the power of belief and prayer. Point atheists Sad
*xp_physics to 2*

24:33 - Mutual exchange of direct rockets. Fiendsin's is cooler because I was mid-air when it hit me.

24:55 - The other frag of the match (the first being at 23:30) - good rail in the back followed by a pixel rail into the tightest part the very corner, IT PHYSICALLY COULD NOT BE ANY CLOSER BECAUSE THERE'S A FUCKING WALL IN THE WAY AND CEILING IN THE WAY. at Evilution's soles (not even his feet).

25:33 - another sick frag, 2 long range prediction rockets, the second one being a direct after evilution jumps into it.

25:45 - A confrontation goes very bad for me as Evilution deals unleashes the hammer of Thor in plasma cell format. I am able to survive due to a mega and a yellow, however with 8hp only, surviving just in time, prompting me to say "CLUTCH AS FUCK YO" (clutch, in quake terms normally is a very close encounter that is determined after a narrow contest, whichs is determental to establishing the flow of the game for the next 30 seconds or so. It originated from the automotive term, as the clutch pedal is used to change gears during the time the engine RPM is either unstably high or unstably low and setting the flow of the drive after the gear is finally changed. Surviving on 8 hp to get red armor is a good example of a clutch moment, as I survived Fiendsin's mg assault only because of my Red. I did not have sufficient health to take damage from 3 mg bullets, as that would have done about 12 damage to me, and I only had 8 (red armor dampens the damage though).

25:52 - Same moment, another point. Config is wrong, as MG damage is 7, and it should be 4. You can see that I had 108 health and armor, and after taking exactly 3 bullets (i didnt pay attention to the point cos I just knew there were 3 bullets, which did not register due to my health and armor being 87 after the confrontation. Suspecting either foul play or herbal retribution, I rechecked and stumbled upon this jewel of information.

26:35 - PEEK-A-BOO)))

26:47 - Air rocket

27:14 - It didn't go quite exactly quite as planned as he came from the wrong place then the one I was aiming at (sg->rg teleport) but somehow walks into the path of my rocket anyway. The finish is simple, because I got lucky with an air rocket*, Evilution's health was low so sufficient splash damage would get me the frag, so I shot at the ground within evilution's radius. There's sadly a corner in between so the tightest place to it would do)
* an air rocket is a rocket which hits your opponent while he is flying through the air, aimed perfectly into the trajectory of the opponent (so they sort of gracefully move into it, making it so much more awesome)

27:24 - vertical flick-rocket after rocketjump fails, but thankfully the air rocket for the kill does not)

28:27 - shaft champion)

And that's it)

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture
.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:

congratz you just beat GMZ Laughing

Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

ShadyAK's picture

I'm not really sure how to react to that...

)

[+]

ShadyAK's picture

Oh yea, here's a viable one: open youtube link, look at timestamps, watch what happens, try to contextualise it then read the sentence or paragraph and see if your take on the situation is the same as the explanation I provided)

I kind of did it as a way to show the lesser experienced vanilla players where they could improve. You need to put a lot more pressure on the power up items (armors and megas) as they are the most important thing when determining survival chances.

I of course knew that people with either time limitations or short attention spans but at least it made me realise the massive amounts of mistakes I made during the duel and what exactly I still need to recover, so not a total waste of time.

[+]

//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\
EVILUTION wrote:

FIEND bro, you don't really want to push me with that, trust me you don't! remember most "if not all" my posts were put to extreme level of shortening, only to be brief, due to all the complainants and PMs for being briefer requests.. also the amount of new HDs site admins had to buy and install to the site only to have the capability to contain what I write..

But I know you were only joking Winking

GG to both btw, I hope you FIEND bro will improve and play better as you practice.

Have fun at E+ and never take it with hard feelings no matter how much you lose nor how much stupid or dump or punk or bad or blithering idiot the player you are playing with really is, it's just a game and we are here to have fun and enjoy our times!!

*ZMB*INEED$*
spraw's picture

Look guy, you asked what are the maps and i wasn't lazy and copy-pasted each one from cup thread and i could just tell you to go look for yourself since you joined the cup and didn't read the cup info. Then you never said thanks or anything but instead asked what map is tourney4! When i said that you shouldn't pick a map you aren't familiar with you told me Don't be a prick! Well GO FUCK YOURSELF little ungrateful bastard!!!!1

ShadyAK's picture
//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\ wrote:

EVILUTION wrote:

But I know you were only joking Winking

My sentiments exactly, The reason I wrote something like this is to kind of help newcomers to vq3 who lose by 20-30 frags to 1100 ELO stoners who randomly mid-game forget how to strafe and cant explain the motivation behind their in-game actions sometimes. Simple combination of casting and playing, explaining things that new players might not understand (but things they NEED to understand if they ever wish to stop being noobs... like look at Bopoh's "WHY I LOSE MINE FRAG?!?!?!" for example).

A few years ago I would have probably raged and went on a douchebag attempt to break the Guiness record for most mental health-related (mongoloid is my fave xx) swear words held in a sentence, now I just tried to think of the best sarcastic response. Life gets much less stressful and more enjoyable when you replace pride with a full-fledged sense of irony. Plus I'm pretty sure he didn't have negative intentions, he was just not perspicacious enough to know that his statement is a little bit ignant.

[+]

4/3 warnings

gg guys

Banned

BENG . HUN
beng's picture

Hahahaha Shadyysm Big grin

Lol that graphic Big grin Seems u had a great time again, really undead style maaaan

Nether
Nether's picture

GG both, nice vid!