[Video] Dm 17 OrgY..

20 replies [Last post]
CubenSis
Margel's picture
Hi Dudes,

These last weeks, I made my e+ video !
Quick description :

- I made it for fun, and for music video.
- I wanted it as a sequence shot, not as sticking of short cuts.

Here is the video, in the adivines video-jukebox .

Your feed back about the video is Welcome . Happy

(3rd position, named DM17 Orgy !)
----->HERE<-----

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture

lets call it a slightly cut demo with music but awful quality^^

for sure it is no game movie or even close to that Winking

you should add that to your description before being stomped into the ground by ppl like me for stating that was a game movie Tongue

CubenSis wrote:

You mean during the last weeks you spend 1 hour to cut the demo?

In case you one day plan to really make a game movie, go and inform yourself... there are many ppl out there willing to help out in order to avoid something like this Winking

|AbarTh|
AbarTh's picture
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

lets call it a slightly cut demo with music but awful quality^^

for sure it is no game movie or even close to that Winking

you should add that to your description before being stomped into the ground by ppl like me for stating that was a game movie Tongue

CubenSis wrote:

You mean during the last weeks you spend 1 hour to cut the demo?

In case you one day plan to really make a game movie, go and inform yourself... there are many ppl out there willing to help out in order to avoid something like this Winking

Uhhh, OwnT!

Nothing is impossible

.Su!.***
Suppo's picture

@ Secret : Ouch ! quite an acid comment... but Cuben never pretended to provide a "frag highlights movie" but an E+ movie...

By my side if i enjoy frag highlights movies and short cuts of amazing shots, i think that this option "showing the way it is in game" and done by a nice skilled player is also an intrusting way. However, i'm sure (i know) that Cuben spended time and energy to make is movie the best he could to reflect his vison of Q3 for that he diserve (at least) our respect i think...

Peace, .Su!.

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
.Su!.*** wrote:

@ Secret : Ouch ! quite an acid comment... but Cuben never pretended to provide a "frag highlights movie" but an E+ movie...

I wasn't expecting any "highlight movie"... but even the description "movie" is an insult to the gaming movie scene^^
thats why I said the description "demo cut" suits best.

.Su!.*** wrote:

However, i'm sure (i know) that Cuben spended time and energy to make is movie the best he could to reflect his vison of Q3 for that he diserve (at least) our respect i think...

sorry but I can't agree :oops:

simply by putting "quake 3 movie maker" into google or browsing the forum of the most known gaming movie page own-age.com would have made him stumbling over all tools and techniques needed to do a proper work...
even if he didn't think of that, a mail to the creator of any previous E+ movie (or any Q3 movie at all) should have brought him on that way...

then he would have easily had access to some of the most powerful tools saving him time while bringing him MUCH better results, even with low editing skills.

It is not like doing watchable game movies (or better to say game movies at all) was a hard task now-a-days.
So don't get me wrong... I am not blaming his movie making skills... everyone starts one day and you ain't born knowing it. But reading and asking are skills everyone should own.
So I mainly feel sry for him about the time he wasted while he could have created something good Sad

Anyways Cuben, I hope you won't give up movie-making... next time simply don't rush into it but inform yourself before... you will be amazed by your next result then Winking

ps.: I have nearly been that foolish with my first movie too Cool

.aNk.digit!
digit's picture

I find that most movies using all the fancy editing techniques, shaky platforms, 3rd person views, and really quick shots of people exploding, are the videos that are simply unwatchable. Bravo for making a straight forward movie, and avoiding the same old shit by copying previous efforts.

What a shame that someones recommendation for a good movie is to find out everything that has already been done to death. You can develop your style of movie making naturally through the process of trial and error.

Good luck with your next movie.

[19:39:33] [@di[g]it] A payee receiving a traveler's cheque should follow its normal procedures for depositing cheques into its bank account: usually, endorsement by stamp or signature and listing of the cheque and its amount on the deposit slip. The bank account will be credited with the amount of the cheque as with any other negotiable item submitted for clearance.
[19:40:05] [@Torzelan] too many usa words
[19:40:15] [@di[g]it] bank take check
[19:40:20] [@Torzelan] k thx
[19:40:21] [@Torzelan] Big grin

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
.aNk.digit! wrote:

I find that most movies using all the fancy editing techniques, shaky platforms, 3rd person views, and really quick shots of people exploding, are the videos that are simply unwatchable.

I was not even going as far to talk about editing at all (since there is none)... that is something where ofc everyone has different favors and each movie maker should develop his own style.
simply the quality is what makes this attempt "unwatchable"... Happy
fraps? + heavy/wrong compression...
the possibility to see something is more important than anything else Cool

oldskool'shox

looool i think after this thread, cuben wont ever post (make) a 'movie' again. Big grin :roll:

NooD was here
N3ooD6li's picture

have good frags but what a crap-music-it-is-orgazm-by-iron-man. =/

anyway welldone

Winking :thumbright:

CubenSis
Margel's picture

Thanks for your advices, it's always a pleasure for me to get some xD
(it's always usefull to get crappy advices for cleaning my ass).

In fact i never give up because of bad feed-backs.

about the vid :

The first part of the vid is MY VISION of quake, with no change in my cfg - lotsa vids tweak E+ - i really dont wanted it.

Due to material i had (a DL of Vegas) - taking the same way as we can see in others vids ( MME -> VEGAS -> Everybody's vegas pluggins ) was really boring for me (Boris effects dont rules for me !). - Btw i even dont like to use cracks so...

-> Big grin

To finish :

Sounds seems to sound really different in your ears and in mines... For me the music makes sens with the vid - In my ears the music match with the picture, my story-board was drawed with the music (witch i don't always find on other vids).

I promise Secret, if suddenly i become an "everybody-guy", for the next vid i'll make an Mme/Vegas/Boris effect vid

Thx for all comments anyway... it helped a lot

.aNk.digit!
digit's picture

Sounds good! Look forward to your next video Big grin

[19:39:33] [@di[g]it] A payee receiving a traveler's cheque should follow its normal procedures for depositing cheques into its bank account: usually, endorsement by stamp or signature and listing of the cheque and its amount on the deposit slip. The bank account will be credited with the amount of the cheque as with any other negotiable item submitted for clearance.
[19:40:05] [@Torzelan] too many usa words
[19:40:15] [@di[g]it] bank take check
[19:40:20] [@Torzelan] k thx
[19:40:21] [@Torzelan] Big grin