[Resolved]BaseOA 1.0 Game Style config and ammo problem

2 replies [Last post]
onion
Hi!

I manage an Openarena server with E+ 2.0a Mod. My problem is when I load baseoa 1.0 config (downloaded from HERE), weapons ammo are infinite and no weapons ammo displayed. How can play with finite bullets?

Thanks.

bye

onion

onion
Re: BaseOA 1.0 Game Style config and ammo problem

I resolved (thanks to /V/^angel) changing the line

DM Flags = DM_DROP_HOLDABLES | DM_INFINITE_AMMO;

in Protect the Leader section.

The problem is that I don't load that gametype! That DM flag is parsed also in normal ctf game. Sad

bye

onion

WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
Re: BaseOA 1.0 Game Style config and ammo problem

Answered at the supeR,Bots Clan Forum and posted here as background info for OpenArena players.

--------------------------------

Onion, I am the author of the baseoa config. And yes it does have that issue which you can resolve by removing the "DM_INFINITE_AMMO" Flag from the PTL Section.

However, the fix will affect the PTL (Protect The Leader) gametype. In E+, the default is for the Leader to only have the gauntlet. Configs like PlusD, PlusN and RebounceN modify this so that the Leader can have one or two weapons, which most players seem to prefer.

Unlike E+, baseoa requires its players to hunt down their ammo. This is generally not a problem except in PTL. It's simply untenable to have the Leader scavenge for ammo as his death represents a point for the other team.

While I did not realize that the DM Flag would be parsed for all other gametypes, the fact is, that there is no way at the moment to satisfy both needs.

The good news is that WaspBeast, my clan mate and leader developer of E+ 2.0a/2.1 promised to soon create a new server side command that will allow the baseoa config to provide Leaders with the same ability that they have in E+ style configs.

When that happens I will release a new version of the baseoa config that does not give players unlimited ammo in any gametype but does give Leaders in PTL that ability for one weapon.

Sorry to have caused you and others some headaches.