Razer Deathadder + Compatability mode issue on Windows 7 64

11 replies [Last post]
HELLA
Scarstruck's picture
Ok so I'm running Windows 7 x64 atm and as you know quake 3 has issues with with vista. I was getting a dark screen when I started up quake or excessive plus in both vista and now Windows 7. So I set in options to run in compatibility mode for XP service pack 2, however doing this makes the mouse 3, 4 and 5 buttons for my DA unresponsive in game and on the quake 3 start menu.

To be able to play comfortably using this mouse and to stop the screen being to dark I have to play without compatibility mode and use the r_ignorehwgamma "1" command for the brightness.

Has anyone else that use the death adder on vista 64 or win 7 64 experienced this issue? It probably also does it on vista/win 7 32 bit also, but I'm not sure as I haven't tried.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the DA's drivers. I'm running 1.09 and firmware 1.25

thx

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 | Steelpad QCK Mass | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | 23" LG W2361V

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

update drivers, assign single key strokes to mouse 5 4 3 in 1 profile.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

or wait till all bugs are fixed. and dont use a pre released version

HELLA
Scarstruck's picture

pre release version of what? if you mean windows 7, it wouldn't make a difference, it's quake that has the comparability issue. the da just happens to not like it. ill try what skull said.

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 | Steelpad QCK Mass | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | 23" LG W2361V

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

if you know somuch about win 7, you also know there is a xp modes in, dementor told me about it and showed something about quake in win 7 but i cant remember wat he did =[

HELLA
Scarstruck's picture

yea i know about xp mode, but it's a separate download, and again it's mainly an issue with the deathadder, hence my opening post. if i use my intelli mouse 3.0 in compatibility mode, all the buttons work fine. however i wish to use my DA Happy

*ZMB*ORBY*

strange.. i'm using win 7 and q3+da are workin' without problems..
simply u have to give all the rights to all.

edited: i've enabled the hidden Administrator account after the 1st startup, installed the razer software and all worked fine.

HELLA
Scarstruck's picture
*ZMB*ORBY* wrote:

strange.. i'm using win 7 and q3+da are workin' without problems..
simply u have to give all the rights to all.

enable the hidden Administrator account and.. "Les jeux sont fait"
all works fine.. api issues, PB, PnkBstrA.exe, PnkBstrB.exe sevices and the mouse maybe..

do you play quake 3 with compatibility mode on?

*ZMB*ORBY*

no no Smug

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture

xD could u pls write easy manual how to do it ?
I have win7 and pb kicks me, pls help

HELLA
Scarstruck's picture

that isn't to do with the deathadder terror., pb kicks you if you have windows 7, does it for me too, it's a bug i believe.