Quake Champions, the new quake!

115 replies [Last post]
Nephilim.
nefil1m's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts:
PL Poland
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!

I am a bit worried about this new school features like armor timers and little bits of ammo/armor/hp dropping from killed enemies. It makes some things a lot easier.

Also it doesn't look to me like there will be an option to replace enemies with green tankjr or remove textures because it is loaded with nowadays HQ graphics, which makes game less "readable". But maybe it only looks like that on videos, idk. I hope that there still gonna be support for modding and fair batch of configuration available.

KOMPR3SSOR * 3U
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
MX Mexico
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!

people who care much about new abilities in the game for each character and all that, if you don't like "new stuff" why then you don't come and play here? we are really few people left playing this quake and this mod, I specially would try the Quake Champions, it seems fun and just for a change move on from here and start a new community over there, maybe we can create our own e+ in quake champions, who knows, but at least I will try, and if all of us go there, will be more fun.

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Forum moderator
haxxus's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts:
US United States
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!
Nephilim. wrote:

I am a bit worried about this new school features like armor timers and little bits of ammo/armor/hp dropping from killed enemies. It makes some things a lot easier.

Also it doesn't look to me like there will be an option to replace enemies with green tankjr or remove textures because it is loaded with nowadays HQ graphics, which makes game less "readable". But maybe it only looks like that on videos, idk. I hope that there still gonna be support for modding and fair batch of configuration available.

ive been told is going to be open console system like q3 so if it stands then ya it will be configurable.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts:
IT Italy
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!
(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:

Nephilim. wrote:
I am a bit worried about this new school features like armor timers and little bits of ammo/armor/hp dropping from killed enemies. It makes some things a lot easier.

Also it doesn't look to me like there will be an option to replace enemies with green tankjr or remove textures because it is loaded with nowadays HQ graphics, which makes game less "readable". But maybe it only looks like that on videos, idk. I hope that there still gonna be support for modding and fair batch of configuration available.

ive been told is going to be open console system like q3 so if it stands then ya it will be configurable.

plus the "characters special skillz" can be also disabled server side, so fuck visor's wh etc, that way gonna be more like q3 "raw"...it think all lays in our hands on the server side way..

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts:
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!
DR*DIABLO wrote:

its gonna be free to play, good thing, BUT limited ofc, character choice limited etc...if u want full game u pay premium account, good system for who wanna play it and don't spend money before be sure if game is worth it or not. my wishlist atm is (official and unofficial) : cpm14, overkill, q3dm11, q3dm7, q3dm17. URIEL ofc and i hope as for enemymodel keel/tankjr...in reflex i can't hear a fuck bout enemy coz weird model sounds..

no dice on the last part, because that would fuck you over big time
I mean, you hear a keel sound, but dont know what ability they can pull off.
heard that characters will be buyable and shit, one time purchase, literally like LoL but with cash not points.


Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

Jabs
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!

You can buy the game to get all the champions, or play for free and play with Ranger. But with the in-game currency called 'favor' you can rent the other champions.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts:
IT Italy
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!
EVILUTION wrote:

DR*DIABLO wrote:
its gonna be free to play, good thing, BUT limited ofc, character choice limited etc...if u want full game u pay premium account, good system for who wanna play it and don't spend money before be sure if game is worth it or not. my wishlist atm is (official and unofficial) : cpm14, overkill, q3dm11, q3dm7, q3dm17. URIEL ofc and i hope as for enemymodel keel/tankjr...in reflex i can't hear a fuck bout enemy coz weird model sounds..

no dice on the last part, because that would fuck you over big time
I mean, you hear a keel sound, but dont know what ability they can pull off.
heard that characters will be buyable and shit, one time purchase, literally like LoL but with cash not points.

eh? didn't get u lol

q3fun
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts:
UA Ukraine
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!

подал заявку на "закрытое тестирование".. и что это значит?

I am the organizer of several events:
Railonly Freeze League 2012 (link)
RailOnly r4e09f TDM CUP 2012 (link)
Railonly Freeze League 2013 (link)
Railonly Freeze League 2014 (link)
Rail Resurrection Duel Cup 2015 (link)

Freeze Rail League 2016 (link)
PlusN TDM antiWH League 2016 (link)

I'm waiting from developers GetSS a workable system!

Blitz wrote:
Lazy bastards...

troll-e
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts:
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!
q3fun wrote:

подал заявку на "закрытое тестирование".. и что это значит?

Surprise
OMG , they will test on you new Vodka Surprise

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts:
Re: Quake Champions, the new quake!
DR*DIABLO wrote:

...

Meaning, there's champions and each has unique abilities, if they will all look same you dont know what ability they'll pull, they'll just look the same and sound the same.
so that would actually be downside to having one enemy model for all enemies.
It could only work in a custom game without abilities and unified hitboxes.
maybe Id software will implement it right away unlike blizzard with overwatch.


Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY