Quake 3 Stop in Awaiting Snapshot

6 replies [Last post]
|HA><><OR?SHELLCODE?
Hi :roll: me and my cousin nixter are having this trouble Thinking when we try to connect to a server. it just stop here and never enter the server Crying see the SS. can somebody help us ? Crying

Login or register to view attached files

Logical Dilution | Webdesign : www.logicaldilution.com

AiKO . RS*

hm

reinstall quake3 and pointrelase...perhaps work it...

Asus M2N - SLI Deluxe,AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+,Radeon X1950 PRO 512 MB,1GB Hyper-X DDR2-800

+++DDL-Dream+++

n1xter
sub_nixter's picture

i did that twice, played well first weeks... and started having trouble again =\

parasight [E+]
parasight's picture
n1xter wrote:

i did that twice, played well first weeks... and started having trouble again =\

The only thing that changes in your quake folder in that time (as long as you don't touch anything else) is that e+ makes a lot of screenshots. Try deleting a large portion of those or move them somewhere else, may help, but no guarantee. Doesn't even make sense in relation to your problem, but who knows. Possibly you also have log files activated, that sounds more plausible.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

I hapens to me sometimes when my isp starts to pull crap off again. Usualy its connected with router breaking. I wait for about 5 minutes and then it enters the game when he manages to send packets again Happy

another thing wich hapens a lot that looks a bit like this is, i connect, have that kind of screen but i see console text apear as if im in game already. then the map starts loading again (third time) and i enter game.

try waiting first and see if you actualy can conect.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

n1xter
sub_nixter's picture

i have same problem but in my case when awaiting snapshots ... my q3 CRASHes .... or sometimes Restarts my computer all over again ... its really stressing.
ps. what are log files ?
where can i find them ?
how to desactivated?

ty

NecrogeddoN
necrogeddon's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

I hapens to me sometimes when my isp starts to pull crap off again. Usualy its connected with router breaking. I wait for about 5 minutes and then it enters the game when he manages to send packets again Happy

another thing wich hapens a lot that looks a bit like this is, i connect, have that kind of screen but i see console text apear as if im in game already. then the map starts loading again (third time) and i enter game.

try waiting first and see if you actualy can conect.

Same here. When it gets like that I power cycle the modem, reboot, and everything's fine. It's usually after I haven't cycled/rebooted in about 2 weeks and played lots of FFA or TDM that this happens... :roll:

• NVidia GeForce 8400GS

• Logitech MX510

• Hyperglide Teflon Skates

• Steelpad QcK+

• iHome IH-K200MB

• SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

• Logitech Precision Gaming Headphones

• Insignia 32" HDTV