Quake 3 and Windows Vista

10 replies [Last post]
AoQ | SIMPS
Simpson's picture
Hi all! Happy

I only want to know, if someone has experience with Quake 3 and Windows Vista? I want to buy a new PC and want to install Vista then, but im not sure if it works fine with Quake.

So, i would like to know all problems and fixes, which are known already!

MfG Simpson

Phenom II X2 550 BE @ X4 @ 4x3.1Ghz 1.35v (Unlocked to Quad)
4GB DDR2 800 CL4
Sapphire HD6850 @930/1150Mhz

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

[Search] motherfucker! Can you use it?

Man, its even on first page, you didnt have to search...

http://forums.excessiveplus.net/viewtopic.php?t=12589

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

AoQ | SIMPS
Simpson's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

[Search] motherfucker! Can you use it?

Man, its even on first page, you didnt have to search...

http://forums.excessiveplus.net/viewtopic.php?t=12589

hm, but thats only a problem mow had. but i think there are a lot of other problems? oO

4GB DDR2 800 CL4

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

Search motherfucker! Can you use it?

hard words. Isnt it public insult ?

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Quake 3 and Windows Vista
CZE|BEAZT wrote:

x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:
Search motherfucker! Can you use it?

hard words. Isnt it public insult ?

dont think so.
its a quote

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

CAMPMAN^
stoffel's picture

omg Big grin Big grin Big grin

BUGS *WGVD* wrote:

The Marcel Reich-Ranicki of Quake has spoken Winking jk

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Nice to see ppl are reading the FAQ... Straight face

BUDMAN E+
Budman's picture

For those of you not familiar with Vista. It is a networking bear. the core of vista is not gammer friendly. It is an issue microsoft is aware of.

mow Q [EN]

hey bud, vista is very gamer friendly, but just for games which "will be produced". Past games (especially with o-gl) have problems with vista.

anyway, q3 is playable on vista, but not for everybody, dont ask me why, i just know i can play it good "withoug pb" but with pb i will be kicked from pb with some strange message after the first map.

i will try in future to play with vista, too, because i like it persoanlly more than xp, but as long i have problems with q3 under vista i never will switch completly to vista. (never is good, i mean as long i find fun in q3).

@topiccreator
it is bettter to have all relevance info in one thread intead of creating tons of threads where even the search button doesnt help you.

AoQ | SIMPS
Simpson's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

hey bud, vista is very gamer friendly, but just for games which "will be produced". Past games (especially with o-gl) have problems with vista.

anyway, q3 is playable on vista, but not for everybody, dont ask me why, i just know i can play it good "withoug pb" but with pb i will be kicked from pb with some strange message after the first map.

i will try in future to play with vista, too, because i like it persoanlly more than xp, but as long i have problems with q3 under vista i never will switch completly to vista. (never is good, i mean as long i find fun in q3).

@topiccreator
it is bettter to have all relevance info in one thread intead of creating tons of threads where even the search button doesnt help you.

hm thank u mow, my friend had for example the problem, that he wasn able to change gamma, that sucks...

4GB DDR2 800 CL4

BUDMAN E+
Budman's picture

The issues with vista and games is deeper then that. Cad programs and others will also have to be re-cored for vista. The issue is with the netframming winsock used and vistas inability ability to offload this crap. Try a product like the killer nic. Might help. This info comes directly from Microsoft. I have been at every development meeting leading up to vista's release.