Protect the Leader Rail league 2012

55 replies [Last post]
zarzyn
zarzyn's picture
Rayden was here wrote:

Ok the cfg for this Event will be Railmania. Earlier i spoke with AlienM and she update the Railmania cfg to support the PTL gameype. Download again the Railmania cfg from here

http://www.excessiveplus.net/forums/thread/railmania-cfg-v2-0

And Update your servers for test it.
[ RSQT WAR SERVER ] [ RSQT WAR SERVER ]
Is ready for test

Thx for the help and GL clans

but it will bee railmania ore cfg based on railmania

Happy

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture

cool cup idea! I like it

Would be nice on plus.cfg cos it has more weapons, therefore making it more diverse.

Better yet, make it a 4v4 draft tourney ( Once 40 people are signed up, 8 of those are assigned captain status. The captains will be assigned and play a FFA to determine draft picking order & all signed up players then meet on an IRC channel & the captains pick them one by one). And have a maplist of only 5 maps so each clan can drop a map, pick a map and last map will be tie map (tournament style)

But to make it more interesting, it would be cool to play it on cs:s under VIP maps & get a JeeSports or Clanbase or Zotac sponsorship & winning kitty of 145 Euro for top 3 teams (podium finish). I know a guy like that who is working for a reputable organization with cash prizes since 2006 so it should be np to arrange if there is enough interest. We only need to direct enough marketing & e-commerce hype to prove this game has beat The Old Republic by popularity for the final quarter of 2011 (since The Old Republic has been out for just the month of December, it's a 3-1 shot and we have a chance since we have been here for three months).

This assignment has overtones of great personal danger to one's online reputation among paid e-sport competitions, but given enough grass-roots support we can do it. Electronic sports were built on a foundation of grit and perseverance, damn it! I mentioned it before to a close circle of powerful admins from Zotac, Clanbase, ESL, JeeSports, lvl^ (most of whom were in the same clan as me for a period of time between 2009& present times), and the outlook was very positive, and we all agreed, by popular consensus, that this should be either QW 4v4 tdm or excessiveplus based.

There have even been pre-emptive talks of a LAN tournament in the first financial quarter of 2012 with a 5-figure cash kitty, but the only three venues to be able to accommodate such an event with short-term notice would be Cyberarena Kiev, Lignano Sabbiadoro in Italy and a gaming commission for 25000 people in Bangkok.

But the Italians have the Ultimate Gaming Championship tour events pre-booked, and would need to move stage 3 qualifiers by a week, and they want us to cover the comfort waivers and to quadruple the security deposit, something which is against our budget, while those Thai rat bastards just want to create a Government-sponsored program, so their own clan takes the gold on their home turf. They did that with Warcraft3 and with Alliance of Valiant Arms fps, and they will use subterfuge to once just peer pressure unsuspecting gaming commissioners with Presidential 5* hotel suites & all expenses paid suites. I for once will not stand for this nonsense.

With the right kind of people manning the PR guns, this can just about be pulled off. I already have 2 graduates constantly bugging me on Skype for a chance to work within e-sports up to 4 hours per week, pro bono publico in return for a CV (résumé)-boosting career move, and this project is just the shot in the arm we needed, a purpose and a driving force. That's 8 hours of unmanned project work, not counting the commission's time which is also estimated to be around 15-18 hours weekly.

They laughed at Multistack tier golf in Japan, and now, just 8 years later, it is one of the top-4 most popular sports within the Tokyo metropolitan region, just behind Sumo, 5-aside astroturf Soccer and Baseball. Just like that, 150 year s ago, The Confederacy brownnosers laughed at Gettysburg in 1863, yet their feeble attempts were forgotten in history, while Major General Meade is now enthroned in popular warfare history for all eternity. Buy the ticket, take the proverbial ride, and leave the axiomatic non-believers behind with chronic lockjaw syndrome from opening their degenerate mouths in awe and amazement.

Only time will judge our overall success, and I have a deep gut feeling about this which screams positivity. More to come later!

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture
Re: Protect the Leader Rail league 2012

about config
atm normal player can:
move via granades + bfgs + railjumps & die after first shot from gauntlet or from rail.

leader player can:
movie via railjum & he die after second shot from railgun or hit from gauntlet. + its leader so he probably will try to camp sometimes so after fe anticamps he can die after only 1 shot from normal enemy. i will point that the 600H and 600A for leader is going down untill 300 value (it take 7 minuts Big grin but + anticamp it can take much lower time - till leader will die like normal player from red/blue team).

like it said zarzyn, it will be like fight between rabbit nad turtle cuz leader is weakest player at map.

how about incrase powers of leader?
can he had hastle factor x1.5 or x2 = he can then shooting / defending himself faster
quad factor = possibility to kill every1 at map via 1 shot (even leader from other team)
invisible = he can hide at start of each round Winking
and many others possibilites (by mixing powerups or by giving him only one adventage than others)

as i played ptl in cs, i can say that there leader have 1 weak gun + knife and can handle much more than others (not only 2 shots) Tongue

i know it is not cs, so we can create here from leader superwarior not victim Tongue

i propose to give leader all weapons from config (granades bfg rail and gauntlet) 600A 600H speed factor2x quad and battle suit (wich one will give him possibiliti to die after 4 or six shots) - then we will able to see "easy" scores between leaders and hard scores from normal player agains leader where he can easy kill him faster and run faster.

or give him batlle suit + gaunt + speed only Tongue

do not forget about other powerups like invisible or flight Tongue

atm i think like zarzyn - this cfg is to easy when we want kill leader and get point. i think rayden you need to talk about that with milena and modify your ptl section. if you decide that you want changes i can help you to include them into config.

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture

Little more info about Railonly PTL.

Leader will have 600 armor and 600 health and always regenerate. To kill him you must shot him 3 railshots or 2 pummels in a row. If he escapes his power will increase again and again. He use railgun for defense but no bfg+gl only mutlijumps and railjumps for escape. The players have the bgf and Gl for go to his leader as fast as he can to protect him. So the leader is very hard to kill.

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture

I'm too lazy to check it myself but u descirbed it pretty nicely. IMO it's crap and scores will be 50-40 in 15 minutes because it's too easy to kill leader, and beeing one doesn't give u actually any advantage, because u r slower and can only last 2 railshots, plz. I insist u Milena to go and check it how it works with plusN. PTL can be something more than random bfg jumping + chaos rail-spamming. IMO it has potential to be as much tactical gametype as FreezeTag or CTF (kinda closer to CTF imo). Right now it's more like TDM/FFA ^^ which is totaly not what it should be and after this cup nobody will ever play it again. word.

edit:
@rayden

"So the leader is very hard to kill." bullshit Tongue only 3 shots ! I think u are forgeting that this is railmania. Even if leader gets hit by one rail-shot he is almost as good as dead, because railcycle is excessive in this cfg and he also is too slow to run/hide Happy Leader is actually prey and nothing more.

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

some updates? cuz i downloaded it 20 minuts ago and health and armor goes down and i was need only 2 shots from railgun or gaount to kill him ;]
edit:
i think that if leader will try to hide behind his mates he is still easy to kill. 2 shots to one person is quite easy i think. i do not see any problem to hit man with flag (yes, i think it will be harder if leader will looks like all other teamates - but this is not possible) - no kill all others, just hit only him, when i enter the location. it will be probably like said it terror.

edit2: i connected to rsqt server and there in ptl leader have 999H (health goes down, idk know to what value) and 600A - so rayden, cfg still need update if it must be 1:1 with that what you said here 2 post upper Tongue

btw. lets do not speculate and just play today public game at rsqt server and check how it will be with actuall cfg Winking

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture

Yesterday late at night we try to fix it but we were tired all of us so we leave it us it is thats why you didnt see my point. But today we will finish the settings and we will try it on fw

Dont forget that

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

ok, please public scores or tell when it will be, i wanna see how it is playing

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture

Well the test with Railonly PTL was good and very funny. Also after Railonly we try it in PlusN conf and it was also very good for me. For some maybe didnt like it but i dont see much activity from the railonly side so we can try it in plus side. What you say plus clans?

Dont forget that

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture

Jumps will be in in case it would be played on plusn