problem with connection in windows 7 64bit

27 replies [Last post]
Nag!Out
hello. I use search button but noone got problem like mine XD

I use win 7 64 bit and have problem when I wana connect for servers and even i want just run q3. When I klik on icon q3 exe or when connect via server spider or when use HLSW program for connection to servers game run after 2-3 min after click. If I want entry to game faster i clik on q3 or server spider or hlsw second time for connect and game run. But after 2-3 min on game q3 open and connect me second time ( from this 1th click) and im double on server XD. It's shit cuz i must minimalize game and off one of connect and res vid. GRYY

I try reinstal all q3, hlsw and nothing.

If enyone know what the hell is going on, let me know pls Big grin thx

Histroy :
PLUS = FOX Clan >> GSE Clan >> BBS Clan >> KTM Clan >> BURN* Clan >> BBSquad Clan >> MR Clan >> VENDETTA Clan >>
OUT of gaming Happy
RAIL = DUNNO Clan >> OF Clan >> PW Clan
>> OUT of gaming Happy

3m'genesis
G3n3sis's picture
Re: problem with connection in windows 7 64bit

i had that problem about 5 months ago idk wat it fized it xd

FranK
frank's picture

I get the problem when connecting through the ingame browser, also on single player skirmish.

Hit esc and it starts game quicker, it does for me anyway.

Havent got a clue what it is, but I think it started after updating my vers to 2.2a.

"Beauty can cover a multitude of sins. But underneath, we all look exactly the same."

Frank Breitkopf :- no way out

APOLLO
APOLLO's picture

no idea Sad
I also use win 7 64 bit too playing q3 (win 7 32 sucks), but I have NO PROBLEMS Happy
my win 7 64 bit is JUST for q3 and nothing else. just win 7 and a antivirus program - more programs make the system slower Winking

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.
Never Be The First To Get Old!! Happy

I am not responsible for what you think or say, just for what I say!
I never howl with the wolves, don't speak another to hear.
I have my own opinion & I insist.
Those who do not get along have only themselves to blame.

BOZO
Bozo's picture
APOLLO wrote:

no idea Sad
I also use win 7 64 bit too playing q3 (win 7 32 sucks), but I have NO PROBLEMS Happy
my win 7 64 bit is JUST for q3 and nothing else. just win 7 and a antivirus program - more programs make the system slower Winking

That's sheer nonsense. I'm on a 5 years old Windows XP with hundreds of programs and games installed and this system is as fast as it was the day it was built. Technically speaking, there is absolutely no reason why a system with lots of software would be slower than a system with only a few applications installed.

Nag, so basically it takes a long time for you to load the game?

mow Q [EN]

Man, i am already used to crap in this forum, but ur post is, apollo, wins the crap-award 2011.

FranK
frank's picture
APOLLO wrote:

no idea Sad

more programs running make system slower, I think this is what you mean, you gotta remember to put those subtle little adjectives, or its apollo 13 instead of apollo 11 for you Happy

one poignant thought; do you really need to run an antivirus while playing q3? I mean, I've never heard of a virus being caught through q3, but then i suppose if you have a system running win7 it has enough guts to run an AV with no detrimental effects on the games performance.

"Beauty can cover a multitude of sins. But underneath, we all look exactly the same."

BOZO
Bozo's picture
FranK wrote:

more programs running make system slower, I think this is what you mean

No, surely that's not what he meant since it's pretty obvious that multiple running programs do have an impact on performance.

About the antivirus, yes I think it makes sense to keep it running since you have other process connected to the internet like services and so on. I would rather suggest to exclude the path of your games for the on-access-scanner. By this the files in your game folder wouldn't be scanned, which could last a bit if it has to scan through thousands of files stored in dozens of pk3s.

Nag!Out

OMFG back to sens of this topic XD. Btw my PC is enought fast to hold all programs and my antivirus and system defender is enable for q3. And my icon.exe of q3 have set compatibility with windos 7.

hmm...

Histroy :
PLUS = FOX Clan >> GSE Clan >> BBS Clan >> KTM Clan >> BURN* Clan >> BBSquad Clan >> MR Clan >> VENDETTA Clan >>
OUT of gaming Happy
>> OUT of gaming Happy

FranK
frank's picture

Try compatibility mode to earlier windows???

Nag!Out

yee i try all of them and nothing

Histroy :
OUT of gaming Happy
>> OUT of gaming Happy