need help

15 replies [Last post]
joHNNY
anybody know of a way to play quake without opengl? since i have a 3D Rage Pro AGP graphics card and i can't install drivers since i'm not admin...so i don't know if that would help...

IMPULSE
korso's picture

better find  the driver cuz play with "Software Rasterizer" very low FPS it will be unplayable.

...Welcome to my world insect...

joHNNY

like i said before, i don't have admin and i highly doubt my dad will install graphics drivers for me atm and anytime soon...and this "software rasterizer" also presents a problem because i also only have a 333mhz celeron CPU...my only hope would be to try installing ubuntu or something from usb since i don't have a cd tray and i can't install from inside windows due to "insufficient privileges"...and that is very unlikely considering how old this mobo is...and if you're wondering why i have such a pos setup is because i got my tower taken away from me...i guess this was a huge waste of time then...

IMPULSE
korso's picture
joHNNY wrote:

like i said before, i don't have admin and i highly doubt my dad will install graphics drivers for me atm and anytime soon...

u can accelerate process if u find and download driver Happy

Quote:
my only hope would be to try installing ubuntu or something from usb

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/  - making boot flash, for u better I think will be "mint 8.0 helena" cuz it include many proprietary programs such as codecs, fonts, flash, skype and etc also it full compatibility with ubuntu.

...Welcome to my world insect...

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Re: need help

wait a second...

a rage 128 pro already gives u lowfps.

so how about getting a new/used own pc?

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

joHNNY
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

wait a second...

a rage 128 pro already gives u lowfps.

so how about getting a new/used own pc?

problem is, i have a beasty quad and can't use it due to bad grades, so my dad stuck me with this for the time being "until i show improvement" and that happened like a week or 2 ago...and my dad found good use for it encoding movies and shit...i'll be lucky if i can get that back anytime soon...

animalchik
fala.q3's picture

sorry jony but grades matters more than giving u a solution for Yours current situation

take the lesion yours dad want to give u and start to study, because if u would be smart enough u would figure it out how to do it without anyones help, but that also requires to learn some...

peoples learn trough their whole life

I am addicted to life.

joHNNY

lmfao...who the fuck are you? i'm not stupid, i'm actually really smart, just don't try at all, and i don't read up on computer stuff because scripting and stuff doesn't interest me... and i did get my grades up...i'm just asking if anybody knew a way to play w/o opengl...so please stay out of my life...

IMPULSE wrote:

joHNNY wrote:
like i said before, i don't have admin and i highly doubt my dad will install graphics drivers for me atm and anytime soon...

u can accelerate process if u find and download driver Happy

Quote:
my only hope would be to try installing ubuntu or something from usb

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ - making boot flash, for u better I think will be "mint 8.0 helena" cuz it include many proprietary programs such as codecs, fonts, flash, skype and etc also it full compatibility with ubuntu.

thanks, but for some reason when it finishes installing, i reboot, and it doesn't use the boot loader installed with the unetbootin, so i'm guessing either my permissions won't let me install the boot loader, or i can't dual boot maybe?

unique * mnc
mnc's picture

With that attitude you won't go so far.

If you'd be so smart as you think you'd google it.
And the answer is no, you can't play q3 on D3D.

joHNNY

thanks...that's all i was looking for. and i have googled it and have found nothing even close to what i was even looking for, so i thought it to be common sense to ask people who know what they're talking about in these forums...

mow Q [EN]