Mouse: Rapoo V300 Optical

8 replies [Last post]
UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
Well well well, here i go again with a new mouse in my list, my 19th! (woa, maybe i should stop?). As i've been propagating optical mice only for a long time, it stays the same with this new purchase. I was
constantly checking overclock page for new mice with old sensor in market - adns 3090, mice with this sensor are noticeably cheaper and still perform usually good (good example zowie fk (custom lens thing), cooler master alcor (after firmware update or tape trick)) compared to 2x the cost of laser and newest
optical ones. Lets go further into my unprofessional review right now!

Price & package:

What you get out of the box: driver CD, mouse. Price is really low 21GBP (+ 4GBP postage to UK) in China market via ebay, 1,5 year ago zowie fk was ~50GBP. So it’s very affordable.

Specifications:

Dpi choice: 800/1600/3200/4000 (800dpi was best for me).

Polling rate: with 1000mhz you get autoshooting in quake, so you can put in_mouse -1; in_restart in console and play, or pick 500mhz and use normal in_mouse 1.

Max tracking speed i managed to get was 4.2m/s @ 800dpi 1000mhz rate (800dpi 500mhz gave me ~1,73m/s only, so i stayed @ 1000mhz....), left and right buttons are tactile and easy to press, mouse wheel is very stable and smooth while scrolling, rubberized and glossy side grips are very handy while gripping mouse firmly, took 10 to 20mins to get used to finger tipping of mouse, no moving parts, when you grip mouse it doesn't feel fragile or cheap. Lift off distance when sensor stops tracking after you lift the mouse above pad is 4 CDs (4.8mm, Cooler master storm's Alcor (A3090) mouse with early firmwares had 4.4mm of LOD, with tape trick or newer firmware it's getting reduced to 1.7mm~, quite close to Zowie's FK (A3090) - 1.5 ~ 1.8mm, IME 3.0 has absolute lowest - 1.2mm, the lower the better for me), tested with razer goliathus control and zowie gt-f mousepads (gt-f has been giving the smoothest experience with all mice i have used so far, still rocking for the last 1.5 year with it).

Mouse has a gaming chip V-Power3, a 32-bit ARM core, 60MHz running frequency, so you can save some
settings and have them on other PCs, you can switch saved settings with a button on the bottom of the mouse.

1 button on top of the mouse is for dpi switching, 3 buttons on the left side are handy while browsing, and going through folders (back/forward), works without drivers too.

Cable is braided, I prefer rubber cable in mice, which is more flexible.

Breathing light is not annoying, which is a plus, I removed led diode from abyssus 3.5G once, was too bright.

Dimensions: 119.06×68.06×40.68 mm.

Weight: 132g~.

Photos:

http://tinypic.com/a/3c420/2

Unboxing video:

Conclusion:

All in all a very nice, cheap, sturdy optical mouse, love this shape, but after more tests in games it's performance is not getting anywhere close to IME 3.0 or razer abyssus 2014, you still can pwn with rapoo,
but the last two feels just snappier, high lift off distance is just not for my likings here, with rapoo i feel like i am too predictable while moving and shooting in fps games.

Any questions ask. Can I give it away to you? Nope, sorry :V

P.S.:
I'm still lazy to review abyssus 2014, which i got last September, but will definetely do.. Also stay tuned for next unprofessional review of logitech g502 (3366 best sensor in the market!!!)

I would teach you how to play, but I don't know myself!
Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

Jabs
Re: Mouse: Rapoo V300 Optical

I've never seen the interest in a gaming mouse but for 25 quid this looks really good, might just see what all the fuss is about. I just use my default dell mouse, I probably wouldn't understand this dpi polling rate stuff anyway ;o

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture

This is a small glance of mine at companies, which can also deliver a good mouse apart from companies which already been known and popular (razer, ss, zowie, logitech and others) for some time. Dpi stuff is like this: manufacturers put a lot of options of dpi choices in sensor, high dpi is good for big displays, but not all high dpi levels are working same as lower dpi levels, when you are actually gaming (less max tracking speed), this is why i don't get high max tracking speed with higher than 800 dpi level with 3090 adns sensor, i guess there were some posts in other forums about this 3090's best dpi levels, 800-1200~ dpi something are best for it. Now i've tried 3 mice with adns 3090 (zowie fk, cms alcor, rapoo v300), i was just fanatic about this sensor, because you can't fault it and it's cheap to make, max speed is 3.3m/s to 4.2 m/s (where 3m/s should be enough for most of us, unless you are a fast swiping hands robot, microsoft's max speed 1-1.5m/s~ sth, i reach it constantly in e+, but what's nice about ms is that i can still adapt to it easily), but once i've tried 3310 sensor, which just trash this 3090, i never look back. Actually razer abyssus 3.5 from 2010 (which i already have used), has already been owning 3090, before 3090 went mainstream, with exclusive razer sensor s3888.

Polling rate stuff - the higher the smoother it tracks, but morpheus from ds was constantly owning in e+ with 125mhz Big grin so..

Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

VENDETTA KLATWA

Ufas expert in mice Happy
Thanks Happy

troll-e

who is looking for me?

VENDETTA KLATWA

mouse

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
troll-e wrote:

who is looking for me?

Not a mice expert yet hehe. By the way, thanks for idea, i immediately thought about next possible mouse to review in some near future:

Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture
UFFAS * DSS wrote:

By the way, thanks for idea, i immediately thought about next possible mouse to review in some near future:

that thing's about to turn into optimus prime man

Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

troll-e