Mentally Unbalanced FRAGFEST / 29.12.13 / 20:00 CET

22 replies [Last post]
/
q3fun's picture
Re: Mentally Unbalanced FRAGFEST / 29.12.13 / 20:00 CET

bzik won

KOMPR3SSOR * 3U

I fucking enjoy it the whole game, was fun with music in the headphones all volume and fraggin all, spend some time smoking then came back again to play Big grin but bah this is one of those things that made me love this game more than any other game around <3 thank you all for playing and hope you enjoy it as I did, and hope we have more this games often since they are brutal insane fun.
Thanks Camel for design such an asome map and too bad we couldn't play it but overall u did awsome work there mate Happy
Happy new Year coming and hope this new year brings up very good things to your life.
-Damian

//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\
cml wrote:

but I thanks to all the ones who came, played and at least stay till the end Happy

Thanks, Camel

You didn't send special thanks to GMZ for at least trying to be Sad

Anyway.. seems it was fun, but perhaps as there were some mistakes due to lack of experience.. probably you make another one soon with a new nice map that is more delighted than that cemetery one.. pffffffff maybe I should get myself involved with map creation you people.. or pick one made by V1979 as it seems he is a pro with good taste.

PS, GG Nissan Ultima xD

Have fun at E+ and never take it with hard feelings no matter how much you lose nor how much stupid or dump or punk or bad or blithering idiot the player you are playing with really is, it's just a game and we are here to have fun and enjoy our times!!

*ZMB*GANGSTR*
gangstr's picture

happy new year Happy

GG

D3L1GH7
TanaKa's picture

This is one of the best map I have seen on Quake 3. How many time you spend on it Camel?

"Skill is when luck becomes a habit".

D\V/N

Very nice map Camel! Just got the idea of Q3Hogwarts Oo. Can some1 send me a download link for TheWell?

cheers, divin

PX*BONES
boneszbo's picture

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture
D3L1GH7 wrote:

This is one of the best map I have seen on Quake 3. How many time you spend on it Camel?

More than half year with lot of pauses
Btw I already rebuilded my map to be playable without these damn errors that we had when lot of players were joining the server at the same time

I'll try to make another fragfest after new year probably in January, but I would need 1 quick test at least, so I will ask you all to gather on some date, I would need 15-20 peoples for about 15 minutes

The map will be the same, but now there would be two version of it, q3sg01a & q3sg01b
@ a: means the map is standard, has all the features such rain effect and sounds and ring teleports
@ b: means the map is lack of rain and ring teleports (many peoples whined about the rain and how to disable it Tongue)

both versions has been rebuilded a bit, some things has been removed, I think there was too much brushes, entities such lights, groups and too many corridors Smug

I hope when I done @ b version will be fully playable for the next fragfest

//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\ wrote:

Anyway.. seems it was fun, but perhaps as there were some
mistakes due to lack of experience.. probably you make another one soon
with a new nice map that is more delighted than that cemetery one..
pffffffff maybe I should get myself involved with map creation you
people.. or pick one made by V1979 as it seems he is a pro with good
taste.

There was nothing such lack of experience GMZ, this wasnt my first fragfest and not the last one for sure
I dont know V1979, but I can assure you I am more advanced in making maps then he might be
The problems were that I put too much into my map, thats it, while V1979 making standard maps with no fancy things at all, he can check my features how they are build and he would tell you they consume lot of brushes and map limits: http://pl.ws.q3df.org/map/q3-stargate-pack-source/

q3sg01b doesnt contain ring teleporters, so this version should be fine for fragfest
one ring contain lot of brushes, I think this was the main reason of such errors and limitations.

See you in January Happy

//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\
cml wrote:

There was nothing such lack of experience GMZ, this wasnt my first fragfest and not the last one for sure
I dont know V1979, but I can assure you I am more advanced in making maps then he might be
The problems were that I put too much into my map, thats it, while V1979 making standard maps with no fancy things at all, he can check my features how they are build and he would tell you they consume lot of brushes and map limits: http://pl.ws.q3df.org/map/q3-stargate-pack-source/

q3sg01b doesnt contain ring teleporters, so this version should be fine for fragfest
one ring contain lot of brushes, I think this was the main reason of such errors and limitations.

See you in January Happy

I tryed in the past to edit/make maps, and I have some decent idea about them, I said that the map is very good! but was aware of the troubles it could make with what you mentioned, also as it is very big, players could get tired trying to find each other xD

When I criticized a map I was talking about the one they played at finally.. the old one, we want a new bright one Happy let's say that stargate but without the other side of it, the tunnels..

A good idea to make a test and take opinions of other players once they gather for a test Happy

Have fun at E+ and never take it with hard feelings no matter how much you lose nor how much stupid or dump or punk or bad or blithering idiot the player you are playing with really is, it's just a game and we are here to have fun and enjoy our times!!

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

so when next edition ;P