Last chance...?

15 replies [Last post]
EEZEKIEL*KoD
Hi guyz!

Here it's maybe my last chance to play again q3 as really active...

My problem.

i am running q3 on laptop (asus a4000g, p4 3,2ghz, radeon 9700 64mb, 512 ram)...

my problem is : few minutes of play at 125, then my fps go down and down to go to 25... and then little unplayable Confused

I tryed all i could... the lowest graphik settings you can think, on graphik card all to max performance....

I think it's somethink about cpu too much hot... and when I look with monitor for motherboard i see it at 70-80C° and i think something (bios, program...) for try to make it colder put it at 50% of usage and then to 12.5%... Confused

If someone can help me (i am not sure about cpu, because i run pes6 without problem), and my q3 looks realy like omfg....

Computer formated... last omega driver setted...

help me.....

From an old player who want be back on buisseness....

THX

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

try removing all power saving options, and make sure you are plugged into some electricity Smug

laptops have a tendancy to lower the power consumption, thus lowering performance.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

EEZEKIEL*KoD

I think I find something...

I launched q3 in window and watched Temperature of cpu during use...

nothing launch 75C°, Q3 started (game) T grow to 77 (then cpu performance set to 50) and at 79 cpu performance set to 12,5% and then unplayable....

Confused

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture

clean ur fans and remove the dust on your air fan entrances. And keep in mind to not put anything that could obstruct or decrease the air flow. Dunno if the air comes from the laptop side or from under but in this last case, try also to not put anything that could reduce the fresh airentrance (by setting the laptop on a 2 books support for instance)

I have some problems linked to the temperature on mine laptop as well; getting too hot and processor perf reduced. You can also buy kinds of fanned board to put under your laptop to keep it cooled effectively.

EEZEKIEL*KoD

computer put on 2 book, under cover plastik put out, fan board buy... that run... mmmm not enough for make cpu at down temperature, but enough for make it playable....

problem : that is no more a notebook Happy

officiallydead

between i have some problem too qith cpu but i download a programm called speedfan which somehow stabilisized it Worried yeah tahts all Tongue

n1xter
sub_nixter's picture

get inside Fridge and play there Happy and dont forget Focksie's Electricity Tip Smug

EEZEKIEL*KoD

waiting winter for play....

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture
Last chance...?
EEZEKIEL*KoD wrote:

i know faster alternative. Buy older desktop PC Happy Something with 2GHz CPU, 512MB RAM and GeForce 6600. Its enough for q3e+

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Last chance...?
CZE|BEAZT wrote:

EEZEKIEL*KoD wrote:

i know faster alternative. Buy older desktop PC Happy Something with 2GHz CPU, 512MB RAM and GeForce 6600. Its enough for q3e+

that one is double as good as my.
some amd duron cpu on sockel a with 512 mbram and geforce 4200 ti would be enough.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

uh, guys, a 433 celeron with a vodoo3 with 16 mb vram in PCI slot and 32 mb ram is more than enough for q3...

you can like trade 3 pencils and a t-shirt to get that.

or just dig through someones trash ... Big grin

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!