Internet Explorer 7 (Beta 2)

14 replies [Last post]
??+SUPERNOVA
L.S's picture
Hey I recently downloaded IE 7 Beta 2 and was wondering if any of you lot have got it also. Its got a really funky, confusing yet funky GUI and a phishing filter Big grin.

Heres a screen of the main component in the IE 7 GUI, the tabbed thing. IE has never done that before, go Vista, woo.

You'll Know What Hits You, Eventually
Over The Hills And Far Away, A Sniper Lies To Ruin Your Day.

Ever tryed Firefox? Winking
Seriously,even if they release 70 new versions and updates it will still have bugs and vulnerabilities and use those crappy active x controls Thinking
Do i need to mention that since I started using FF (before 1.0 got out) I even dont need a adware/spyware removal tool,while on IE (when I used it :pukeright:) I regulary had tons of adware/spyware crap on my pc.Now...not a single one for ages.

"C4-KICKZ"
KickZ's picture

agree! Firefox works fine with almost no spyware/adware!

the easy tool DiskCleaner gets rid of the onse that do get through.

but: new IE7 looks nice...I must admit

<drt_nihil> we about wolf and wolf is here

(@enha) damn you, people are dancing, instead of work
(@drt_foksie) she mutated

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture

yeah it looks nice, vista will look nice too, but other prob is how much resources to run it Happy

Plz no more debate about FireFox against IE Winking

parasight [E+]
parasight's picture

Don't install IE7 Beta unless you are prepared for a load of bugs.

About the new GUI (and why it's horrible)

IE7 Bug Reports Flooding In

IE7 Beta Breaks Instant Messaging Apps

Official IEBlog: scattered reports of odd browser behavior (I had this problem myself)

Aside from that, IE7 is going to break a lot of browser hacks that a huge number of websites rely on (which were necessary only due to IE's crappy CSS support). I'm going to have to work around this since I develop websites. At least they are moving towards w3c standards and fixing their CSS support, which is a very good thing. It's just going to mean a lot of work initially. Most of us developers have no idea what is coming towards us. Confused

DARK
DARKLORD's picture

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

nihil
nihil's picture

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29498 just one of today's IT news Smug

imho they by purpose made similar look like firefox has, now 'normal' users can be transparently converted back to IE without bigger problems

anyhow completely new IE look can lead to massive move people on firefox (what they were used on is changed so they can move on something new not matter if new ie or ff, depends only on what someone will install on their workstations)

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

what a cheap copy of ff :roll: talk about greed from microsoft.

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

1337W4R3Z )NWC(
1337w4r3z's picture

I use firefox all the time but also have IE fi needed and I see nothing new but bloaty GUI that wioll result in resource consuming hungry app, also IE added tabs since version 6 on sp2 or at least mine has tabs, anyways I'll stick to FF more secure browsing.

DARK wrote:

http://forums.excessiveplus.net/viewtopic.php?t=1748&start=0

that speaks for itself, GO FIREFOX!!

Well,we still have a tough job,converting 1834 noobs to FF Winking

KobraII

Looks like Microshaft finally caught wind of mostly why everyone is switching to FireFox. Hopefully it's easier to use and not a cluster**** like IE usually is. But, it's nice to see a change with IE all in all