Excessive plus on 1.31

12 replies [Last post]
Death 400
Freeze Tag, FTAG (g_gametype Cool I wonting to set up a server for this and I cant make head or tails of the mod so could some one help me I wont to run it on a 1.31 if you can but wont run on 1.31 so can you help me plez if I half to I run it on 1.32 but I like it on 1.31 so if you all can help me I need the cfg plus map roation so I can get it started up thanks Death 440 :roll:

Anonymous
Excessive plus on 1.31

Then run it on 1.32... cause ya need to :twisted:

Death 400
DeeXGod wrote:

Then run it on 1.32... cause ya need to :twisted:

i NEED THE CFG AND THE MAPS CFG TO RUN THIS DONT KNOW HOW tHANKS Shock

uchuusan

http://b3.ath.cx/~clanmr/Server.exe

Some dude named aliens config Happy

Death 400
uchuusan wrote:

http://b3.ath.cx/~clanmr/Server.exe

Some dude named aliens config Happy

thankyou for the information but it not working I guess I dont know how to set up the new cfg I am used to the older stuff.. it seams to be easy but i guess I not that smart lol thanks well it cool and all I got it up but guess what no guns if there more to it It works great cfg is nice but the thing dose not have any guns could tyou help me thanks ....

uchuusan

hmm, first you need to place all the files in the ft directory in the correct place (says where in the file named instructions) then you need to start the server by clicking the bat file that you placed in the quake 3 arena directory. In addition you need the excessive mod server files that you can dload on this page, first unpack and place the 1.0 version, then the 1.01 version, overwrite any files that already exist. I think you need to have 1.32 installed for it to work correctly. Then only thing you need to change is the fts.cfg file that you put in the excessive folder, edit the name, maximum players, rcon password and so on. The cfg uses all weapons except the grapple. There are none on the maps, but you start with all weapons from the start. after you started the server make sure that the cfg ft.cfg is loaded. The one you put in excessive\conf. Btw, you can delete all the files from the rtf folder, no need for any of them for freezetag.

Death 400
uchuusan wrote:

hmm, first you need to place all the files in the ft directory in the correct place (says where in the file named instructions) then you need to start the server by clicking the bat file that you placed in the quake 3 arena directory. In addition you need the excessive mod server files that you can dload on this page, first unpack and place the 1.0 version, then the 1.01 version, overwrite any files that already exist. I think you need to have 1.32 installed for it to work correctly. Then only thing you need to change is the fts.cfg file that you put in the excessive folder, edit the name, maximum players, rcon password and so on. The cfg uses all weapons except the grapple. There are none on the maps, but you start with all weapons from the start. after you started the server make sure that the cfg ft.cfg is loaded. The one you put in excessive\conf. Btw, you can delete all the files from the rtf folder, no need for any of them for freezetag.

ok I got one problem I dont know how to set up a map roation I got it up and working great but i dont know how to set the map roation up and it greek to me is there any why you can set me up a map roation for it and thankyou for all your help

uchuusan

the file named ftr.txt in the ft directory is the map rotation, when you open it you will see how it works.

Death 400
uchuusan wrote:

the file named ftr.txt in the ft directory is the map rotation, when you open it you will see how it works.

something is wrong I half to exec the server.cfg then after it is up I half to exec the fts.cfg cause if it just exec the fts.cfg only everything comes up but no guns so I just tell server to run off the server.cfg then I type the fts.cfg in the console then it runs.. and I know that not right and I tryed to explain it the best I can the map roation is not working too I go to the big box lol Thinking thank again for the help and I hope I have explained the problem well enough also it says weapons out of range..

uchuusan

You are not suposed to exec the server.cfg file. This is how the bat file you got looks.

@echo off

start quake3.exe +set fs_game excessiveplus +set dedicated 2 +exec fts.cfg

As you can see it executes the fts.cfg file. The fts.cfg file in turn loads the ft.cfg (weapons config and stuff) file and the ftr.txt (map rotation) files.

Put ft.cfg in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\excessiveplus\conf.

Put fts.cfg, ftm.txt and ftr.txt in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\excessiveplus.

Put ft_dedicated.bat in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena.

Double click the bat file, and the server is up and runing.

Death 400
uchuusan wrote:

You are not suposed to exec the server.cfg file. This is how the bat file you got looks.

@echo off

start quake3.exe +set fs_game excessiveplus +set dedicated 2 +exec fts.cfg

As you can see it executes the fts.cfg file. The fts.cfg file in turn loads the ft.cfg (weapons config and stuff) file and the ftr.txt (map rotation) files.

Put ft.cfg in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\excessiveplus\conf.

Put fts.cfg, ftm.txt and ftr.txt in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\excessiveplus.

Put ft_dedicated.bat in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena.

Double click the bat file, and the server is up and runing.

ok maybe you did not understand me on this I not running this off my computer I running this off of a comercial server I loaded the file like you said and it loads and everything but it dont load any guns I half to tell the server to exec the server cfg because the server will run off of the fts.cfg but there is no guns in it ..that if I exec fts.cfg it runs and then it says guns out of rangeTHERE IS NO Guns thanks...