eizo fs2333 or benq xl2420t

20 replies [Last post]
XTERMY [EN]
XTERMY's picture
animalchik wrote:

dunno if u was reading test on the prad, but the eizo actually preforms better than the benq in terms of summary lag (pixel reaction+input lag) that's why it is such a headache about 60 vs 120 hz

Yes, I have read it and I know the eizo has a good low overall lag. But what about that? http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/3513/7/eizo-foris-fs2333-review-serious-gaming-monitor-test-results-response-time-and-input-lag

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
XTERMY [EN] wrote:

animalchik wrote:
dunno if u was reading test on the prad, but the eizo actually preforms better than the benq in terms of summary lag (pixel reaction+input lag) that's why it is such a headache about 60 vs 120 hz

Yes, I have read it and I know the eizo has a good low overall lag. But what about that? http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/3513/7/eizo-foris-fs2333-review-serious-gaming-monitor-test-results-response-time-and-input-lag

idk for what u asking, its clear that the ips in terms of pixel response will be slower than the benq tn, the thing is the eizo is faster if comes to input lag

in overall;

eizo 4.6ms vs 4.9ms benq

while on hardware info page they don't consider the input lag at all... that's why in my opinion its more 60 vs 120 hz

there is also new benq xl2411t and benq claims it has 0.001 input lag, how it is in real nobody knows since it is not tested yet Confused

prad about benq xl2420t wrote:

Lag

We measure the lag as the sum of the signal delay time and half of the average frame change time. When the monitor is in use at 60 Hz, we measure an unnoticeable (but not particularly short) signal delay of 6.4 milliseconds on the XL2420T. On average, only another 1.5 milliseconds pass until the target luminance is achieved, so the average total lag is rather short at 7.9 milliseconds.

In 120Hz usage, the lag time adjusts to the faster frame change and drops to just 3.4 milliseconds. The average image construction time remains the same and thus, the average total lag in this case is a very short 4.9 milliseconds.

prad about eizo fs2333 wrote:

Lag

The lag is an important value for gamers and we measure it as the sum of the signal delay time and half of the average switching time. With a signal delay of just 0.8 milliseconds, the Eizo FS2333 is one of those monitors with practically no lag, as promised in the advertisements, with such minimal values rarely to be found even in the earlier cathode ray tube models. The time until the target luminance is achieved is very short at 3.8 milliseconds (Overdrive Fastest); with a total average lag of just 4.6 milliseconds, the Eizo FS2333 can be recommended for the fastest games.

I am addicted to life.

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
triv' wrote:

maybe set ur monitor to 60 hz and test if u are oke with it. this way u see if u can if u need 120 hz. though the eizo has less input lag Smug. and darky is maybe right but today it felt way better to play with eizo then befor so im too old XD

yes can u test the monitor on 60hz vs 120hz and give the input here, but u know on the benq when u reduce hz to 60 also the input lag going to be worse two times compared to 120hz, but anyway do the test for me, since i advise u to buy this monitor u owe me that ;}

I am addicted to life.

D3L1GH7
TanaKa's picture

Eizo ftw!

"Skill is when luck becomes a habit".

triv'
trivium's picture
animalchik wrote:

triv' wrote:
maybe set ur monitor to 60 hz and test if u are oke with it. this way u see if u can if u need 120 hz. though the eizo has less input lag Smug. and darky is maybe right but today it felt way better to play with eizo then befor so im too old XD

yes can u test the monitor on 60hz vs 120hz and give the input here, but u know on the benq when u reduce hz to 60 also the input lag going to be worse two times compared to 120hz, but anyway do the test for me, since i advise u to buy this monitor u owe me that ;}

im not u, so theres no possible way for me to find out, if u are going to like playing quake on 60 hz or on 120hz. And i never meant to use 60 hz on benq, it was all about u prefering 120hz or not :F.

if u dont need 120hz, eizo is more worth it. i bought mine eizo and i dont regret it. im happy with my eizo fs2332.

playing on
[mouse]: ie 3.0
[mousepad]: corepad eyepad xxl
[keyboard]: Steelseries 6gv2
[headphones]: SteelSeries Siberia v2
[monitor]: Samsung Syncmaster 1000s 21"

ghost wrote:

its the people whos piss me of not the game, im never ever played an game on wich all is perfect to mine preferences there are always things to wich im must get used and acept them as they are no mater i like them or not i will try to understand thier mechanism and use for mine adventage

animalchik
fala.q3's picture

@triv, i was adressing that to darky since he got the benq, on crt playing at 60hz is like drinking cocacola trought nose Winking

I am addicted to life.

3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture
animalchik wrote:

@triv, i was adressing that to darky since he got the benq, on crt playing at 60hz is like drinking cocacola trought nose Winking

kk will do it

Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway

animalchik
fala.q3's picture

darky haven't did the testing for me, so i have did it myself on my CRT, aside the annoying flickering due the CRT technology and 60Hz the picture in game was just mess up on the frame to frame transaction and after few maps on era it make me almost puke on my desk. The only reason to using 60Hz monitor would be using it on intell z77 chipset since on this chipset u can use some program for enabling vsync and eliminating the vsync lag (thought i am not sure if this limits the fps or not because it works different then the normal bly vsync and in test they write it even reduces the lag on nosync configuration), and since i do have old shitty pc, because our clan sponsors are ass i decided to buy benq xl2411t witch working on 144Hz by default.

by the way i also thinks eizo ftw, but i am not willing to puke each time i am going to play q3

ill maybe write some little comprasion to the CRT after 24 Winking thanks guys for the help

I am addicted to life.

animalchik
fala.q3's picture

okey so i have the benq xl2411t and i wanted to write the first impression;

- view angles, uhh, they are crap... i am sitting in about 40-50cm far and i an clearly see there is difference between top and bottom of the screen witch is hell of annoying! Only slight move of head right-left makes the colors life changes on the horizontal angles... in this the monitor is total disaster

- colors, out of box impression was OH MY FOOKING GOD WHERE ARE THE COLORS !!! in other words: i can return the monitor because it display the color like kid toy touchscreen smartphone or maybe even worse than that and its look like broken... after little calibration the monitor started to display colors far more properly but still they are plain crap compare to anything i have seen so far, there is far to much overbrightness in the colors they are flushed out of any details not displayed properly ect ect. list is quite long...

- response times / lag, few rounds on single player gives quite decent response maybe it even feels better on the hand than my old crt, dunno, i just played few maps and its to soon to make final verdict because in general i played q3 the last time quite long ago, i also noticed some weird movement sharpens that makes it look on the borders like screen jitters a little when turning around in game

- back light, i have set it to brightness 0 contrast 10 and its still to much... monitor is very bright and its look like a laser that can cut walls when its set to high brightens. Somehow the pixels have very annoying tendency to be real intensive with completely wrong overbrighten midtones, silvering, ect ect ect ect..

- movies, not watched any yet, but soon ill tell my thoughts about since i also have ordered c+ hd decoder

conclusion: dunno if there is any other monitor that is the same fast (all thought i still need to test it more on this field) but for any other usage than playing games witch displays more than 60fps is a total disaster and i can't recommend it to anyone, even writing this post i am annoyed by how it displays the image

I am addicted to life.

Nag!Out

my brother have that one i can recomend this one for you. I wana this one too bud dont have money now for this.
Perfect for fast game FPP 120hz 2ms nad nice for movie
Asus VG236H 120Hz 3D Vision LCD Monitor Review

Histroy :
PLUS = FOX Clan >> GSE Clan >> BBS Clan >> KTM Clan >> BURN* Clan >> BBSquad Clan >> MR Clan >> VENDETTA Clan >>
OUT of gaming Happy
RAIL = DUNNO Clan >> OF Clan >> PW Clan
>> OUT of gaming Happy