Brightness??

13 replies [Last post]
CRYPTOR'
Ok so I just recently installed Q3A and E+ on ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Had a fps problem which is now fixed. However, what is not fixed and is annoying and bothering the crap out of me is during a map, my brightness in the game changes. I have my brightness set rather high, and halfways thru the map, my brightness goes back to default which is very dark. But once the following map starts, my brightness goes back to how I have it set, and it also goes back to default brightness again halfway thru map. Is there anyone here who runs same OS or has had this occur to them? What could be cause of this? Any info would be most appreciated. Cheerz. Shock

G-SPOT
Kozolec's picture

I have similar problem. This is happened to me when I get a message on communicator or when my os inform me about something. Problem is in my graphic card. When i play on another everything was OK. Maybe try another adapters. I dunno.

[MR.]DOCTOR
DoctoR-PHC's picture

dunno anything about other OS then win, but try

\r_ignorehwgamma "0"

guess its for Win only but who knows Happy

drill@quakelive

r_overBrightBits "1"
r_mapOverBrightBits "1"

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

i believe its due to r_intensity (dunno setting) but i had this problem for a while, dementor helped me out cheers dude Happy

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

CRYPTOR'

Hmmmm I have tried all of those settings, which were already set to those settings, and still no luck. Sad I have the latest drivers for my video card, which is a GeForce Fx 5500 with 256MB. Drivers version is 173.14.05 which is newest release. And I still have same problem. And as far as the r_intensity, mine is set at 1. What is yours set at Tyrant, as possibly it might resolve my isssue?

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture
Re: Brightness??
CRYPTOR' wrote:

Ok so I just recently installed Q3A and E+ on ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Had a fps problem which is now fixed. However, what is not fixed and is annoying and bothering the crap out of me is during a map, my brightness in the game changes. I have my brightness set rather high, and halfways thru the map, my brightness goes back to default which is very dark. But once the following map starts, my brightness goes back to how I have it set, and it also goes back to default brightness again halfway thru map. Is there anyone here who runs same OS or has had this occur to them? What could be cause of this? Any info would be most appreciated. Cheerz. Shock

i had this problem too. but iam still playing q3 under win so this problems cant make me angry Big grin

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

Try different drivers...10-15 versions. For that card its nonsense to use anything newer then 66.93 version...also try 56.72.New drivers are made for new cards,not old cards. Changing drivers helps in situations when u cannot set r_gamma anymore so it might help here as well,if not - i guess linux is the reason and drivers->linux compatibility.

Does it happen in windows too? Making a dual boot would answer your question pretty fast so u dont need to mess arround with driver testing.

CRYPTOR'

Well I am dual booting right now actually with Windows.And in windows, I have the original drivers for the video card, and the card works flawlessly in windows. I have tried previous driver versions also, however it messed with my screen resolution and changed it to 640x480 was the highest resolution when I tried using dfferent drivers. The newest drivers are actually the only one that doesn't mess with my screen resolution.

PITBULL[ERA]

Might not help, but the same symtoms happened to me while I was running two instances of Quake Thinking

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

my r_intensity is set to 2
r_overbrightbits 0
r_mapoverbrightbits 1

maybe it helps

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey