BEST 24" 144hz 3D monitor???

12 replies [Last post]
DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
heyo, any suggestions bout 24" 144hz 3D gaming monitors? on top of my head got these ones : benq xl2411z, benq xl2411 (no z, dunno for what it is ), Asus VG248QE and some AOC ones, even tho there is benq xl2430 which i can't get different with 2411

im intersted in details like visual quality, g-sync/free sync, 1-2ms difference and similar detailswhich is the most desiderable lets say?

also, since i'll have to use some 3D stuff on it, is there some particular one to be prefeered or just some random 3d kit is alright? got a gtx 970 so prolly just the nvidia 3d kit should do good i guess.

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture

A good one with g sync is probably going to cost you a kidney. Take a look at asus rog monitors or maybe aoc on the cheaper end. Can't be more specific though, sorry.

Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture

I dont prefer eye candy myself, monitors serve one purpose in the end, of course, higher refresh rates and response times are good for gaming in specific, but stuff like gsync, HDR and 3D doesnt do much for it as it does for movies, and then you'd have to buy blueray DVD's, because downloading 40 gb of content that you're going to watch just once isnt really my kind of thing.
edit: g-sync is gaming related, but in some games that are poorly optimised for gsync, and you'd want gsync off most of the time while playing online, as you'd want higher refresh rates, it serves the same purpose as vsync, it caps your fps at monitors refresh rate and some tests actually proove, that vsync is slightly better than gsync, and freesync is better than gsync because it's made on the same base as vsync and takes advantage of a more "API" approach instead of hardware+ API, so it costs less. Nvidia forces manufacturers to use they gsync modules instead of adding support for a low Level API, so nvidia can sell these modules off to manufacturers and they can further sell of the monitors at higher price. but that's up to you really.

The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:

You Fuckers wrote:

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

Nether
Nether's picture
Re: BEST 24" 144hz 3D monitor???

https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505657799&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+VG248QE

That's mine, fucking awesome for its price. No GSYNC though obviously but depending on your other specs you can really go without it.
The only downside I would mention is its brightness, even lowered to the max it will burn your eyeballs like hell if you play in darkness.

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture

I'll buy a viewsonic monitor maybe next week, cheap Chinese crap, but offers high refresh rate, low response rate and free sync, pretty much the package I was looking for, all for small price of a 120 pounds

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:

You Fuckers wrote:

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:

You Fuckers wrote:

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
Nether wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505657799&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+VG248QE

That's mine, fucking awesome for its price. No GSYNC though obviously but depending on your other specs you can really go without it.
The only downside I would mention is its brightness, even lowered to the max it will burn your eyeballs like hell if you play in darkness.

well 2 reasons : 1st its an LCD and not LED like the benq xl2411z, 2nd DON'T PLAY WITH TURNED OFF LIGHTS! killed my eyes aswell like this, now i can't anymore do that, i always keep light up, at night too. but apart that ye, its good monitor, 280 euro here, the benq is around 260, would go for that one actually.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
EVILUTION wrote:

I'll buy a viewsonic monitor maybe next week, cheap Chinese crap, but offers high refresh rate, low response rate and free sync, pretty much the package I was looking for, all for small price of a 120 pounds

hmm seems idk bit too cheap, wouldn't be a big difference between this and benq/asus ones?

Nether
Nether's picture
Re: BEST 24" 144hz 3D monitor???
DR*DIABLO wrote:

Nether wrote:

well 2 reasons : 1st its an LCD and not LED like the benq xl2411z, 2nd DON'T PLAY WITH TURNED OFF LIGHTS! killed my eyes aswell like this, now i can't anymore do that, i always keep light up, at night too. but apart that ye, its good monitor, 280 euro here, the benq is around 260, would go for that one actually.

I mean of course you shouldn't do that, my point was it's even worse with this one and I've been using other LCD screens, trust me Big grin

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
Nether wrote:

DR*DIABLO wrote:
Nether wrote:

I mean of course you shouldn't do that, my point was it's even worse with this one and I've been using other LCD screens, trust me Big grin

ah i see, then bad choice ))

maciek
maciek's picture

asus vg248qe is very good, I have it myself and I recommend it Happy