BEST SERVER
BEST ADMIN/MODERATOR

Best e5 ctf atacker
Best e5 ctf defender
Best e5 ctf middler

Cap of the year
Frag of the year

On this point we already have too many categories,
making even more will make this ridiculous.

Laktos
Trollet's picture

Imo - Make a few positive awards (Not to many) and discard all negative ones Happy

Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär.
A cloud pooped out a rainbow turd.

^[Evil]Monkey
Laktos wrote:

Imo - Make a few positive awards (Not to many) and discard all negative ones Happy

gotta have a few Tongue
just make sure the ones aren't insulting
like biggest failure clan, that sounds a little harsh lol

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture

generally the idea is good...

I see tendencies for a "hall of fame" and a "hall of shame".

Im not sure if a "hall of shame" would make sense... some ppl might like the idea of pointing out the shame. while the "idiots" themselves will simply be happy to be highlighted.
spamming, clanhopping, etc. shouldnt be rewarded with an award... even if it is an award of shame.

Anyways there shouldnt be too many categories. Imo maybe 1 or 2 categories for whole community, 4-5 categories for plus and e5... I would leave rail only out for this year... it is closely to plus and just too new.

categories like best player, clan, clan-leader, etc. seem very vague to me.
I like the rewards for e+/community support tho, seeing all the new guys who helped e+ to get back to activity. Awards should be for things you help everyone with... an improved player/clan does it for him/themselves and automatically get rewards in the arena.
cmon... loss of shape? failure clan? ppl suggesting this should get one of the shame awards Thinking

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

cmon... loss of shape? failure clan? ppl suggesting this should get one of the shame awards Thinking

A tidy way to reinforce one's feeling of superiority. Tongue Although, obviously, if you have the "best", you must have the "worst". Highlights go both ways, it's just a matter of making it tasteful and not overtly offending, since this is a community wide project.

This is a good idea, if executed right. As some other people said, don't flood this with redundant categories, just pick the most prominent ones and stick with those.

I think Matt bulls-eyed the best jury nominees, maybe i'd add Mircwar, Secret, Mow, Skinnis, Achmed and Matt himself to the list, those seem to be the most level-headed people around, and least likely to follow some personal bias (there are more people but i don't really see them around lately).

Shadow.
Shaadow's picture

Well i have to disagree Tongue . Just because you highlight the best does not mean you should highlight the worst. Imo doing all this' hall of shame' and the 'worst' player at something is stupid. I tend to not read half the flame on these forums. last thing i wanna do is hear of people getting awards for it Worried , I still think sticking with the good side of q3 should be a better idea. Also as much as alot of people dont seem to give a fuck from what i can tell on the forums. and do like to see people humilated ect. Maybe take a minute to think about how the person recieving the award might feel. but then again its all for 'fun' isnt it as long as your happy at the end of it Tongue

One weapon is enough.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

It's not an award, it's a slap on the wrist. But yeah, maybe the really bad people don't need the additional attention. *shrug*

*ZMB*SKINNIS*
skinnis's picture
Laktos wrote:

This is one great idea Hazo,if handled right of course. I would have to agree with Laktos in this matter,considering the fact that majority of people here don't understand the meaning of 'irony' in the first place. Nominating people for all sorts of more or less negative awards or whatnot will sure as hell beat up a shitstorm. Although,an award for 'Forum troll of 2009' would work imho,and perhaps an award for funniest post(lot of work to find it but wth Happy ).

I would gladly take part in a 'jury' or w/e you want to call it. Thx for the trust Mad Winking

My 2 cents

//skinnis

madbringer wrote:

How 'bout you 'bicker' off back to your sandbox, someone is pissing in your little plastic bucket.

ASSCARI * DSS
Gohan's picture

I think one of jury should be Firefox, she almost all the time on servers. She saw all of us in our good or bad shape. For me, most objective person for this.

Mouse: Logitech mx518
Mousepad: Zowie P-TF SpawN Edition
Headphones: Sennheiser HD202