2 dedicated servers on p3 500?

17 replies [Last post]
(*WASP..BROKEN*)
trime's picture

OK I was missing something in all of this. I wasnt thinking in terms of server side v client side, only server. So leaving the sv_fps 20 is not an issue on my server, com_maxfps 85 in my server config might do well at something more like 125, and the other stuff like pb settings are client side, yes? My connection speed, fast, cable. It's no T3 but its fast. hehe For now I cut back to 1 server without PB but I still want to put up another and run with PB smoothley if I need it. tnx again

(HK) GoddaM
goddam's picture
(*WASP..BROKEN*) wrote:

OK I was missing something in all of this. I wasnt thinking in terms of server side v client side, only server. So leaving the sv_fps 20 is not an issue on my server, com_maxfps 85 in my server config might do well at something more like 125, and the other stuff like pb settings are client side, yes? My connection speed, fast, cable. It's no T3 but its fast. hehe For now I cut back to 1 server without PB but I still want to put up another and run with PB smoothley if I need it. tnx again

sv_fps = server setting
com_maxfps = client setting
just wanted to clear that up, or you might get confused at why things not working how you think they should :scratch:

(*WASP..BROKEN*)
trime's picture

For now I think I'm not going to bother with PB as most ppl I've played with without it get kicked b4 I can sy hi. hehe But I still want to put up more than 1 server without loosing too much bandwidth. On my own network that is not an external server.

Mow you wanted to know my hardware and connection?
P3 500 512 ram and the connection:

tnx guys

mow Q [EN]

so, whats about ur connection? u did not find any of the 10 million connection-test-pages?

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
2 dedicated servers on p3 500?
mow Q [EN] wrote:

so, whats about ur connection? u did not find any of the 10 million connection-test-pages?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/244971766.png
:f
see his signature

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

(*WASP..BROKEN*)
trime's picture

umm yeaaa it's right there in all of my posts.

mow Q [EN]

seriosly, some poeple in here made this test from tehre university, sooo, doesnt meant that much on first sight. i am not that person who believes everything on first watching

since u decided to not make pb servers i will also myself back to give tips on the concerning configs, until than, have fun Happy