10 best music albums (IMO)

54 replies [Last post]
madbringer
Madbringer's picture
kraster wrote:

@mad : I would lie if id say i heard of any of those bands, but im interested in giving them a change. Any fav song u recommend ? (i guess they are all on the rock side of the music since i would probably know if they were electro and *checkin what blasts from ur speakers topic* from what u mainly listen, so try giving me smth "soft" if possible) thnx btw for writting it down though my wishes of IDing any of ur bands didnt succed Sigh

Cool that you wanna take a look into other genres. Happy But if you wanna start taking bites into metal, you'd be much, much better off starting with stuff Azrael listens to, to not look far.

Bands like Amon Amarth, In Flames and Gojira are better for people new to metal because they have much cleaner production, are way more melodic and have less extreme overtones.

Now, if you want to check out anything from my list, i'd suggest Immortal, the album i listed, 'At the Heart of Winter' specifically since it's filled with Heavy Metal riffs and many melodic parts. It's probably their mildest album. Drudkh and Enslaved are obvious second choices (honestly, anything from the two albums mentioned is a good representation of what they play).

If you're desperate go for Unheilvoll (a very obscure demo band, good luck getting any material Big grin), or Blot Mine/Portal, but Blot Mine/Portal will probably be too noisy for you (even if the rest won't).

I wouldn't call Paysage d'Hiver or Reverorum ib Malacht strictly metal bands, as they implement dark ambient and weird samples here and there to make the music more atmospheric. If you wanna hear something different, go for them.

Leave Gnaw Their Tongues and Nekrasov alone, at least for now. Most people wouldn't say they even play music, just some weird ass fucked up noise. And they wouldn't be far from the truth. Big grin

*GOM*
mancubius's picture

that reminds me what I friend told me once ... " the are some bands whose music is not for everyone , you have to train yourself in order to enjoy their music "

I did not understand why should anyone do that! However I also started enjoying other bands completely different from my music tastes so I guess that happens naturally to you and you don't really have to put effort to like a certain's band tracks

To name a few : Burzum , Summoning , Fangorn (demo) , Borknagar ,Darkthrone etc

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Solid list there. Cool

\m/

Also, i agree. People have preferences and tastes, of course, but if you look hard enough, you'll find something to your liking in nearly any genre there is.

.aNk.digit!
digit's picture
RIX!·SOUL· wrote:

Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

:thumbleft: Great choice.

[19:39:33] [@di[g]it] A payee receiving a traveler's cheque should follow its normal procedures for depositing cheques into its bank account: usually, endorsement by stamp or signature and listing of the cheque and its amount on the deposit slip. The bank account will be credited with the amount of the cheque as with any other negotiable item submitted for clearance.
[19:40:05] [@Torzelan] too many usa words
[19:40:15] [@di[g]it] bank take check
[19:40:20] [@Torzelan] k thx
[19:40:21] [@Torzelan] Big grin

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture
.aNk.digit! wrote:

RIX!·SOUL· wrote:
Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

:thumbleft: Great choice.

wow, another person hearing andrew bird Surprise i thought i was the only one in the world.. made me curious of how ur list 'd look like..

Anonymous

Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward
Nirvana - Nevermind
Celldweller - Celldweller
A Perfect Circle - Emotive
Disturbed - Believe
Dope - Group Therapy
Drowning Pool - Desensitized
HIM - Razorblade Romance
IAMX - Kiss + Swallow
KoRn - KoRn
Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear
Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder
Pearl Jam - Yield
Puddle Of Mudd - Come Clean
Rage Against The Machine - The Battle Of Los Angeles
Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone
Tool - 10000 Days

Many albums Tongue i couldnt decide which r best...

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture

Depeche, Marillion and RATM get mirc's seal of approval. Good stuff. Funny how each list has one album/group that sticks out genre wise. I don't know half of the other bands, the toughest music I can stomach is Metallica's early records.

Big grin

.aNk.digit!
digit's picture

Quick 10:

The Sea and Cake - Oui
Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
Ween - The Mollusk
Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West
Grant Green - Green Street
Morphine - Cure For Pain
MF Doom (as Viktor Vaughn) - Vaudeville Villian
The Grateful Dead - American Beauty
Deerhoof - The Runners Four
Nick Drake - Bryter Layter

[19:39:33] [@di[g]it] A payee receiving a traveler's cheque should follow its normal procedures for depositing cheques into its bank account: usually, endorsement by stamp or signature and listing of the cheque and its amount on the deposit slip. The bank account will be credited with the amount of the cheque as with any other negotiable item submitted for clearance.

Lakitu
.aNk.digit! wrote:

Quick 10:

The Sea and Cake - Oui
Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
Ween - The Mollusk
Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West
Grant Green - Green Street
Morphine - Cure For Pain
MF Doom (as Viktor Vaughn) - Vaudeville Villian
The Grateful Dead - American Beauty
Deerhoof - The Runners Four
Nick Drake - Bryter Layter

Big grin That name is so funny!

.aNk.digit!
digit's picture

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica