XPTEAM001 (New map)

11 replies [Last post]
METEORKID
Forum moderator Rank moderator
Meteorkid's picture
XPTEAM001.pk3 <------ Click to download (my skydrive Now under 8 mb)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* MAP INFORMATION *
TITLE : XPTEAM001
FILENAME : XPTEAM001.pk3
AUTHOR : Meteorkid aka Michael hyman and aluminium
DATE : 19/08/2012
GAME : Q3A (excessiveplus/or anything you see fit)
TYPE :(FFA,TDM, Freeze,)

* PLAY INSTRUCTIONS *
1. Copy "XPTEAM001.pk3" to your Q3/baseq3 directory

2. Select from the skirmish menu or type in the console \map XPTEAM001

3. Enjoy!

* AUTHOR's NOTES * MANIFEST *

(by meteorkid)

This has being floating around of my HDD for a good year. It started off as a Map made by aliminuim who is a e+ mapper. When it came to me it was fairly bare bones and i added most of the visual detail and configure the layout so to improve r_speeds etc. Now i have released this map to tribute my good friend aliminuim. Sorry its a year late Happy .
* SPECIAL FEATURES *

Glowing shiz

mzi.ql
mzi's picture

Great job guys Happy

One question. why this map must have such a strange name? XPTEAM001? >.> really annoying, sorry.. best option would be to give the name that is simple, has an interesting name and what's the most important the name that says something about that map. but it's only my opinion.

METEORKID
Meteorkid's picture

It has a nice long name in the arena file. go look for it Tongue

mzi.ql
mzi's picture

Mhm. I tried to think, what the map might suggest to me and nothing. Anyway this watter is too much invisible (transparent). I didn't know what it is, watter or only abbys. What else, where is Excessive Plus logo?

and these tunnels doesn't fit a bit..

sorry for my criticism Worried

METEORKID
Meteorkid's picture

The aesthetic stlye is just abit random i must admit and there are definately so elements which overpower other elements. But im happy enough with it as each area seems to be atleast from most angles visually peasing but then ofc thats objective.

In leymans i probley should of stuck with one theme but i cant be assed to change it as i am busy in other projects where im learning new things unlike in quake sorry.

PS: about the e+ logo (you will have to imagine one) if anyone wants the map file to continue .. doing stuff to it. PM me.

(i dont mind critz mzi without people like you the world would have much worse design)

mzi.ql
mzi's picture

Then ok Happy and again great job, because the mapping isnt an easy thing..

equinox
Re: XPTEAM001 (New map)

Nice map meteor, i like the textures and the overall look but ... did you wanted this to be played succesfully on e+ servers or you just made it for fun? Because as you already know, there are no maps on public servers in rotation that are 20Mb heavy and so demanding. Every map with complex textures and many details becomes fail on public servers because not all ppl here have a good pc config with tuned up graphics for design and stuff ,and its annoying when you get the fps drops all the time when entering a large rooms with 15 other players. Sleepy
suggestion: if you want a popular map,make it more simple about textures ( exclude fog,effects and shit) and make a simple - not so big map - like overkill with awesome room positioning and it won't get rotated every time like lffd on beer Big grin simplicity is geniality remember that Winking

METEORKID
Meteorkid's picture

My moto if it gets played it gets played. I dont mind.

Anyways for me this is my last quake map atleast for along time as i study games art degree atm and i focus on more advanced game engines udk/crysis etc. Quake mapping for all its pleasures will have to fade away.

Yes i know the smaller files are more commonly played but the average pc today can handle 3 times what ive put in that map (even my toaster could tbh haha).. anyhow the map itself i more or less finished about a year ago i only spent the last 1 and a half days making it complete so i dont really feel much for it anymore. I did it so i could finish it to get it out of the way. it was annoying me it was so close to being finished but wasnt. you understand Happy

BEKI
BekiFiN's picture

Well done mete and ali. but i found few bugs from the map. i'll upload the demo and you'll see the bugs. (watch whole demo) i tested that map with bananarail.cfg.
Here the link for demo. http://speedy.sh/enWMT/xpteam001.dm-68 (2MB)

METEORKID
Meteorkid's picture

you can download new map from here or above i updated it due to the bugs i also fixed some other stuff people compla-- criticized me about Tongue.

the map file is now under 8mb (7.37mb) .. somehow lol.

The bugs beki found are fixed also thier isnt a flag but thier is a nice plaque i put on the wall near the teleporter gl hf .

BOZO
Bozo's picture

I'm asked to login or register in order to download? Surprise

/edit
ok they wanted to set a cookie and therefore showed the login page... off trying-out Smug