Windows 7 )seven( cause me lag and packet loss.

8 replies [Last post]
UNREAL
Unreal's picture

Like above, just changed OS to Win7 from XP and my connection is laggin and have some packetloss. Don't have any new programs which can cause me lag etc. Any ideas, or i don't know something? Couldn't find anything in search//

RONiN wrote:

stage 1) i am in denial that girls exist on the internet, i think everyone is a guy
stage 2) i am in denial that everyone is real, i think you are all advanced bots
stage 3) i am in denial that the world is real, i think i am plugged into a machine
stage 4) i am in denial that machines actually exist, i think this is just one big dream
stage 5) i am in denial that i am capable of dreaming, i think my existence is fake
*poof* everything disappears.

no trickz in my signature anymore

3M'riku
Re: Windows 7 )seven( cause me lag and packet loss.

advanced system care ... try that program, it "fixes", "gives" best network options or whatever Big grin at least it says it does xD

have u checked u got fps lags?

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture

hmm i might have same problem, im having packetloss since few years Tongue it might be this shit win7 not my connection xd lolz
gonna try this program

BEKI
BekiFiN's picture

I have win 7 and never been lags with it. Except when it downloads windows update like yesterday.

MOJOJOJO
MOJOJOJO's picture

Maybe try this:

run msconfig -> services -> Multimedia Class Scheduler off. Then reboot your PC.

next step: open regedit then search > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Audiosrv\

then on DependOnService key duble click and delete MMCSS row. After this quick reboot.

This is not 100%, how it work.

UNREAL
Unreal's picture

I solved it, i think. First is disables MMCSS (or how its called) and there was no difference. Then i tried to set higher priority to quake3.exe process and it produced more lag Surprise. When i set it to lowest, i have no lag at all. I think my problem is partly solved. But why its working like that? That's the question.

RONiN wrote:

stage 1) i am in denial that girls exist on the internet, i think everyone is a guy
stage 2) i am in denial that everyone is real, i think you are all advanced bots
stage 3) i am in denial that the world is real, i think i am plugged into a machine
stage 4) i am in denial that machines actually exist, i think this is just one big dream
stage 5) i am in denial that i am capable of dreaming, i think my existence is fake
*poof* everything disappears.

no trickz in my signature anymore

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
MOJOJOJO wrote:

Maybe try this:

run msconfig -> services -> Multimedia Class Scheduler off. Then reboot your PC.

next step: open regedit then search > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Audiosrv\

then on DependOnService key duble click and delete MMCSS row. After this quick reboot.

This is not 100%, how it work.

what is this about? seems interesting to find out what is meant to do since it's audio related and i got an audio service in win7 that takes up to 30% of cpu when im playing q3 and breaks the balls. some ppl suggest to disable audio enhancements but it's sux idea since i use 5.1 speakers. so i wanna know if this is related to my problem...

◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture

Probably has to do with with windows update downloading all the new updates through your connection dude. (And if your connection isn't that good, you'll most likely see packetloss).

█< *DAVIDSON
Shwarovisky's picture