Windows 7 and my quake

8 replies [Last post]
_Silvy_
Hi guys and girls.

I just install Windows 7 Pro Edition in 32bits.
I tried to import my cfg from XP, it worked, but I've mouse problem and screen problem.
For the mouse:

I've Razer DeathAdder 1800dpi. It works correctly under Windows, but when I come into Quake, the mouse is too much smooth, and not enough vivacious.I didn't have this problem under XP.

For the screen: I've a 1440x900 screen, which works good under Windows, but into Quake, my screen is becoming square, so I've black band on side of my creen. I tried to change the Quake resolution, with a custom one, and it doesn't work "Could not load OpenGL" or something like that.

Can someone help me?

Silver.

MeRkY

Try editing the resolution in your config, it should be under r_mode -1 if you've used a custom one, change it to something like r_mode 4 this should make your resolution be 800x600 (just open your q3config with wordpad).If your still having problems with OpenGL then try to update your video card drivers.

_Silvy_

With r_mode 4, I don't have problems with OpenGL, but I've Black band on side of my screen. But under XP, I didn't have a custom resolution, but Quake took all the screen. I was in 1024x768 if I remember good, but now with this resolution, I've black band on sides Confused

MeRkY

ok, try making r_mode -1 and doing r_customwidth and r_customheight so that its 800x600, if you still have the black band try gradually increasing the width/height untill the black band is gone, alternatively you could just have to type /+sizeup in console

_Silvy_

Finally, I tried r_mode -1, with custom resolution : 1440x900 ( Resolution of my screen ). I changed it in the cfg, then I launched the game, it worked, and I've verified in the console with r_customheight and wight commands, and it said "r_customwidth is:1440 default: 1600 latched: 1600, same for height. At the connection, console said me that: "r_cumstomheight will be changed upon restarting", and the same for r_customwidth. So I did a vid_restart, and then it said me again " Could not load OpenGL ".

_Silvy_

Ok it works now. Screen problem resolved.

Now Mouse problem Big grin

How can I have a more vivacy mouse? It seems like a delay time when i change of direction.

I'm @ 500Hz, I can put 1000Hz, and I'm @ 1800dpi.

IMPULSE
korso's picture

in_mouse -1 ?

...Welcome to my world insect...

_Silvy_

in_mouse is already -1

officiallydead

ry setting compatibility mode of q3 to windows xp service pack 3... that changes the sense as well..maybe then it will work better for u