win 64-bit

8 replies [Last post]
*S!Soul*Lion!
L10nH34Rt's picture
Hm... i don't know if I must post this here, but I can't install Q3 on WinXP 64bit... Sad I Get an error that I have an incorrect machine type BS... Any ideas??

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Try setting compatibility mode on the installation file. Right click on the install or setup.exe (haven't seen a quake cd in ages so don't know the file layout on it), go to the compatibility tab and set it up to some other os.

*S!Soul*Lion!
L10nH34Rt's picture

hm.. i think quake 3 installation files are in 16-bit mode (while game is 32-bit).. So I guess I need another way of installing the game Sad Anyone else with 64-bit winxp??

ghost

files are extlutive only in 32bit mode (Windows)

16bit is DOS...

u should not have eny problewms wit that couse im dont havent eny, if u have probs with instaler then instal it on 32bit os then just run that copy under 64bit os

R|_|S}{
...Rush...'s picture
win 64-bit

64 bit XP is not the best....there are problems....drivers....speed Thinking

32 bit XP SP2 is the best now....i think Winking

Asus H310, Intel i5 9600k, 16Gb DDR4, RTX 3060, Logitech MX518

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

If only programs would be made for it, i'd still use DOS.

I really think setting the compatibility with standard win xp, or win 98 would solve the problem, when you do that windows loads the program using a different kernel (i think), so it should remove any win 64 exclusive problems associated with the program file.

*S!Soul*Lion!
L10nH34Rt's picture
madbringer wrote:

If only programs would be made for it, i'd still use DOS.

I really think setting the compatibility with standard win xp, or win 98 would solve the problem, when you do that windows loads the program using a different kernel (i think), so it should remove any win 64 exclusive problems associated with the program file.

Well it doesn't Sad And I don't know what's wrong cause everyone is running the game fine in xp 64-bit except me Sad Sad

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

:scratch:

Then you'll probably want to do what HQ suggested, go to some friends of yours who have a cd recorder, install quake on his hdd with e+ and pr 1.32, zip or rar it, burn on cd and copy on your computer, optionally, install a second operating system on your hdd, providing you have multiple partitions/second disk, and install from it.

*S!Soul*Lion!
L10nH34Rt's picture

Yep! That worked! I installed it on my laptop and then I LANed (lol word Happy ) it to my pc Big grin

TY HQ Big grin