The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

21 replies [Last post]
Managorth Anora
Grim Sorcerer's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts:

This is my upcoming 5th map, still in work. This was originally a test, but I decided the make it an official map. It's at version 0.2 and it's in alpha stage.

The Dark Zone Remake 0.2 Alpha











Like it, hate it? Suggestions for the map?

3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

for how many players is this map? : )


Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”



“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway

METEORKID
Forum moderator Rank moderator
Meteorkid's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

looks pretty gud. im not sure the blue speckly texture/shader in the middle of that block works too well maybe when i see it in realtime it look less outa place. i pressume there teleporters. the use of stairs is really nice.

the room with the skywindow should have a thicker ceiling so it looks as solid as the supports holding it up.

it looks like it would play well for e+ with large rooms/corridors.

the four columns need to be changed. what would they look like if they were cylinder and where they stop have maybe have dim spot lights coming down from them into a slightly darker room. also change the texture on them so their the same as the ones by the mega health.

also nice lighting Tongue

cant wait to play it. Happy

Edit btw i dont no what the original looks like. not sure how close you wanted to stay to original design Big grin


IMPULSE
korso's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

As I understood it's remake map oa_dm6 from Open Arena with your own vision.

What targets r u chasing? I mean u're making map just for open arena or  for e+? I asked it because e+ very dynamic mod and e+ players prefer play big maps with simple architecture. For clear OA remake is good.

In general ur map looking good, some little stuff I maybe changed. 

...Welcome to my world insect...

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts:
RO Romania
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

oO this is The Dark Zone map from q1!!! this map rocks!

i remeber it from q1
i'll test it today at home. GJ!

+++++++++++++
epsislow


CROWBAR·CAMPSTYLE
crowbar's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

looks like a good map, but isnt it a bit too dark?



Sander
sander's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)
epsiplayer wrote:

oO this is The Dark Zone map from q1!!! this map rocks!

i remeber it from q1
i'll test it today at home. GJ!

+++++++++++++
epsislow

fuck yeah !! quake world ftw Happy
best map Happy also loved dm2 and dm3 Tongue
btw sander has some good ideas above me.
Instead of making same as original, you could add more
passages, and adjust it for excessiveplus Happy also add some
logos on walls (excessive+).

keep it up, looks nice but needs some adjustments.

Managorth Anora
Grim Sorcerer's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)
METEORKID wrote:

looks pretty gud. im not sure the blue speckly
texture/shader in the middle of that block works too well maybe when i
see it in realtime it look less outa place. i pressume there
teleporters. the use of stairs is really nice.

the room with the skywindow should have a thicker ceiling so it looks as solid as the supports holding it up.

it looks like it would play well for e+ with large rooms/corridors.

the
four columns need to be changed. what would they look like if they were
cylinder and where they stop have maybe have dim spot lights coming
down from them into a slightly darker room. also change the texture on
them so their the same as the ones by the mega health.

also nice lighting Tongue

cant wait to play it. Happy

Edit btw i dont no what the original looks like. not sure how close you wanted to stay to original design Big grin

They're teleporters.

I'll do that, sure.

They are bevels for the walls, cylinders won't fit in that room.

IMPULSE wrote:

As I understood it's remake map oa_dm6 from Open Arena with your own vision.

What
targets r u chasing? I mean u're making map just for open arena or for
e+? I asked it because e+ very dynamic mod and e+ players prefer play
big maps with simple architecture. For clear OA remake is good.

In general ur map looking good, some little stuff I maybe changed.

oa_dm6 is a remake of dm6 from Quake. I never intended it to be like oa_dm6.

It's a Quake 3 map, could work in E+.

CROWBAR·CAMPSTYLE wrote:

looks like a good map, but isnt it a bit too dark?

It's not actually dark, it's dim, it's just the screenshots.

1st shot: Don't understand what you mean in this shot.

2nd shot: I've already tried the windows, when I did it showed the rest of the map when you look out and I don't understand the rest except for the pentagram.

3rd shot: The window on the right might work, but the one on the left may reveal the map when you look outside, don't understand what you want me to do with the stairs.

4th shot: Yes, that'll be in the next update.

5th shot: Don't know what you mean about thin details, I'll change the texture on the floor and I'm not really sure about putting them inside the walls like in Overkill.

!@#$%&*( terror )_ wrote:

btw sander has some good ideas above me.
Instead of making same as original, you could add more
passages, and adjust it for excessiveplus Happy also add some
logos on walls (excessive+).

keep it up, looks nice but needs some adjustments.

I don't intend to add more passages or change the design, just remake of the original map with Quake 3 textures and some adjustments like curves. Logos won't happen, putting logo's into the map ruin the architecture in my opinion.

Sander
sander's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

Ok i did fastly visual improvement of a single room in yr map. Hope u undarstand what i mean.

before:

After:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25579286/dm6.bsp

CSM> >HOLLOW
Piranha's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts:
Re: The Dark Zone (Quake 3 remake)

good job man keep up the good work..

j wrote:

..build a robot who control ppl? we have mow!