Re installed quake 3 but my player config dont get erased.

4 replies [Last post]
DEFXACE
buckwildNitro's picture
Hello, i reinstalled quake 1.32 and quake 1.16 for a clean fresh install but my player configs is still there, i know they aint in %appData% directory becuse i checked. i heard they are in the regEdit but i dont know where, can someone help with this ??

Lets get ripped!

3m'genesis
G3n3sis's picture
Re: Re installed quake 3 but my player config dont get erased.

missunderstood , nvm , there aren't any q3cfgs in regedit , u might've left one up somewhere.

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture

NEVERMIND this <
like gen says there are no keys linked to regedit and releated, if its not in appdata, look deeper in the sub-appdata folders

Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY

DEFXACE
buckwildNitro's picture

You guys are sure?? i have a faint memory about that i did that long time ago to remove the config, but that is the strange thing. its not in the AppData folders, ive searched all of em and its not in the baseq3 folder either. and i have never moved the q3configs or dled someone elses. all the configs ive moved and used are the e+ related ones.

Lets get ripped!

EVILUTION
fiendsin's picture
DEFXACE wrote:

You guys are sure?? i have a faint memory about that i did that long time ago to remove the config, but that is the strange thing. its not in the AppData folders, ive searched all of em and its not in the baseq3 folder either. and i have never moved the q3configs or dled someone elses. all the configs ive moved and used are the e+ related ones.

only thing that IS in registry if you installed from cd, are the registration keys
totally nothing config releated, ok one last thing
ingame type in console fs_basepath and fs_homepath it'll show you possible location of where may be some files, one of them will always point to your quake arena installation folder, the other will show where may be stashed some files

Sometimes I wish I was a NEET again, but life is too fucking expensive man.
The weak plot revenge, the strong forgive and the Lucky forget, but Fiend, Fiend no longer gives a shit

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Man you even sound like Lego's

You Fuckers wrote:
I would cut my fifth finger to bang her actually

You Fuckers wrote:
BELIEVE IN BLASPHEMY