Quake 3 on my mac

11 replies [Last post]
..ZMB..EPYKOI
epykoi's picture
Hey,I have a Mac for not so long now, and I'd like to play Quake 3 on it.I've been looking for some explanations about how to run the game under Mac OS X but seems I didn't managed to launch the game :[I've also searched the forum to find any help but didn't find anything usefull..I know some people in this community are playing with their own Mac, may they have the patience to help me ? Happy

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Re: Quake 3 on my mac

copy youre Q3 from youre other computer to youre mac and it will run Winking already tested with dementor and my Q3

j

really??

IMPULSE
korso's picture

...Welcome to my world insect...

..ZMB..EPYKOI
epykoi's picture
eu.jeff wrote:

copy youre Q3 from youre other computer to youre mac and it will run Winking already tested with dementor and my Q3

O_OSo how do launch a certain quake3.exe under Unix OS ? :oIf you managed to do that, I wanna know Big grin
Btw I've also tried to launch the game via my xp virtual machine using VM Ware Fusion, but couldn't launched the game, I just had a grey screen and that's it.

j

i had ALOT of problem with quake3 on mac, thats why ive a win partition and i use it there.. btw i did it
first of all the installer put alot of files randomly in my application folder and i had to put them in quake3 folder..then i had to instal the right client, i tried many and what i use now is the one madbringers gave me, http://www.excessiveplus.net/forums/thread/beta6-on-osx look here.
and then i had problem with these 3 command ...u have to find what works with u
vm_ui "2"

vm_game "2"

vm_cgame "2"

...and after that i had problem with binding keys, like here on laptop if i turn down chat i donno how to turn it back and also i think mouse sensitivity is different in osx... thats why after all this work i use quake on xp side that i made with bootcamp:P
gl and hf:D

OXYGEN
heavennevaeh's picture

i ran quake on my macbook pro fine. i actually found out how to run it by searching the forums here. i couldn't get pb to work when i tried though.

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

use official q3 instalator for mac and instal 1.32c patch for mac. it would wourk like in windows Winking wutchout any problems. from x86 file or somethin like that.OR copy q3 instalation from windows and instal only 13 1.32c patch ;] then run Winking it will works fot 100%

D
Dementor's picture
eu.jeff wrote:

Lol you forgot adding some crucial information , but its already stated here now Happy

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Re: Quake 3 on my mac
D wrote:

eu.jeff wrote:

Lol you forgot adding some crucial information , but its already stated here now Happy

oops

..ZMB..EPYKOI
epykoi's picture

Thank you everyone for trying to help me. I am currently trying to fix the shit but seems I lack time :DI'll tell you if it worked next days Winking