Quake 3 doesnt load after pointrelease 1.32

2 replies [Last post]
Gnom
Hi everybody,
i have a problem.I just installed my Laptop new and have now Win7. I installed Quake 3 again. Quake 3 started normaly. No Problems nothing.Than i installed the pointrelease 1.32 and the patch pointrelease 1.32c. Now i try to start Quake again. Quake is loading than i got a grey screen. The screen wont chang again till i shutdown the Quake process i the task manager. The sound is normaly and i got the tune from the start up shots and the start menu but i see only the grey screen.My graphic driver is the newest and i installed a new direct x.My "graphiccard" is a: Mobile Intel (r) 965 Express Chipset FamilyHas anybody an idea? Wanna play excessive + again Sad
Thanks for your help
Greetz Gnom

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture
Re: Quake 3 doesnt load after pointrelease 1.32

Try to run Quake 3 in compatibility mode, see if that helps...
i have a q3 installed on a laptop that is running quake 3 with no problem and it has last point release 1.32c but my video card is a GeForce G103M 512MB

do you see the blue console somewhere ? maybe there is an error message there?
________
epsislow

Gnom
Re: Quake 3 doesnt load after pointrelease 1.32

Well i think i had a lucky try now. i deinstalled everything and reinstalled the point release without punkbuster. now quake starts normaly.but thanks for your help Big grin
when i tried the compatibility mode i got the error message that quake couldnt find the default.cfg.