Quake 3 Crash (PunkBuster) SOLVED!

11 replies [Last post]
.| RECKLESS |.
mckee's picture
When I connect to a server with punkbuster enabled it crashes quake3 with this error:
AppName: quake3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: pbcl.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000807a5

In event viewer in Windows it says :
"Faulting application quake3.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module pbcl.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000807a5.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."
with event ID as 1000

It happens when I connect and after it says 0 Current Cvar Violations

I have reinstalled Punkbuster 3 times, Deleted quake 3 reinstalled, downloaded punkbuster again and installed, tried without punkbuster (which wont let me in ofc just says go to pb site to patch or whatever) I am at q3 version 1.32 point release.

Any Ideas ?

-kee

Yesterday's History
Tomorrow's a Mystery
Today's a Gift
That's why it's a Present.

- Kung Fu Panda

Today's the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday!

eRRor369
eRRor369's picture

hey,
first time i hear for that error., but allways if i have problems with PB:

1 download pbsvc.exe
(run pbsvc.exe, first time u will be uninstall PB, next time u will install that PB)

2 than download pbsetup.exe, u can download HERE
(run pbsetup.exe, and click button add game. found game quake 3 arena and click on button check for updates)

thats all.

pew pew you're dead

.| RECKLESS |.
mckee's picture

Tried that already Winking usually it fixes everything but not this time.

Thanks for the help though Happy

Yesterday's History
Tomorrow's a Mystery
Today's a Gift

- Kung Fu Panda

(HK)Spider
spider's picture

did you solved the problem kee ?

Quote:
.: | h3ktor dice:
XD
phail ;_;

Visit: http://www.excessiveplus.net/spider/

.| RECKLESS |.
mckee's picture

Yes, there was a process running in the background causing the error. Or something like that BioHazard was able to locate it. Thanks Happy

Yesterday's History
Tomorrow's a Mystery
Today's a Gift

- Kung Fu Panda

(HK)Spider
spider's picture
.| RECKLESS |. wrote:

Yes, there was a process running in the background causing the error. Or something like that BioHazard was able to locate it. Thanks Happy

tell bio to post the answer plz Happy many people will find solution of that problem.. unless he didnt knew what he did *dam nublet Laughing

thankz kee

Quote:
XD
phail ;_;

eRRor369
eRRor369's picture
(HK)Spider wrote:

post the answer plz

F1 yep, post solution, that will be nice for ppl, who has same error.

pew pew you're dead

biohazard

Basically the error will be caused by a program running in the background or in the taskbar.. ex.. anti-virus.. some other program.. you get the idea.. anyways just uninstall the program or remove the process from startup

edit: to find out the exact exe file start a localhost server and enable punkbuster locally (/pb_sv_enable) and it will show what exe is making the game crash

(HK)Spider
spider's picture

just a tip: To check out whats booting in your computer when windows starts, type un run "msconfig" and go to STARTUP tab, youll find list of files that windows loads while starting (dont mess with it if you dont know what the file is for, ask before removing any file that you think is suspicious.)

if you use OS windows ofc.

Quote:
XD
phail ;_;

X.FACTOR!
biohazard wrote:

Basically the error will be caused by a program running in the background or in the taskbar.. ex.. anti-virus.. some other program.. you get the idea.. anyways just uninstall the program or remove the process from startup

edit: to find out the exact exe file start a localhost server and enable punkbuster locally (/pb_sv_enable) and it will show what exe is making the game crash

i thought that was the problem Smug

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:

reading an x-factor and impulse exchange of posts on the forums is the equivalent of watching a beavis and butthead conversation

biohazard
X.FACTOR! wrote:

biohazard wrote:

i thought that was the problem Smug

loading pb on localhost shows more details before the crash, and for a second will show the exe that causes the crash to happen