pWNFEST 2007!!!

2 replies [Last post]
>FuC<*Gr3eN*
green's picture
Quote:
Attention all Fraggers!!!

pWNFEST 2007 IS ON IT'S WAY!!!!!!!!!!

I have discussed this idea with a few guys here and Dasefex and I are going to plan a 2v2 CTF/DM tournament, for fun of course. Very Happy For those of you who played in the one from Proving Grounds days will find this to be quite similar, with a few new twists. We wanted to plan something in the off season of the Xcessive League, but after the holidays! Very Happy

The rules will be as follows: (These rules are subject to change)

MAPS
Each round will consist of a best 2 of 3 map single elimination series. Each map will have a timelimit of 8 minutes. Map 1 will be CTF, and map 2 will be DM. In the event that a 3rd map is to be played, a map will be randomly chosen from our list, CTF or DM. If a CTF map runs into overtime, sudden death overtime will be played until there is a winner. If a DM map ends in a tie, there will be a one minute overtime, on the same map, for as many times as it takes for a winner. Custom CTF and DM maps will both be played, the map pack will be released 1-2 weeks before the event.

TEAMS
Each team will consist of two members. These members can NOT be from the same clan, per the clan rosters from the Xcessive League. You can find a partner and either email or send a private message to myself or Dasefex with the names of the members and your team name. If you are unable to find a partner, but would still like to play, please send me an email or private message. I will try to find another person to match you up with.

SERVER
The servers will be running point release 1.32, with Punkbuster enabled. They will also be required to run the approved XL server config. Teams will be assigned to a random server for their matches.

MATCH PLAY
If at anytime a player goes 999 or is disconnected from the server, play must continue. If he is able to reconnect before the end of the map, he will be able to jump back in.

There are a few things I will need help with in this event. I will list a few requests, and I will most likely add on as time goes by.

REQUESTS
a. Servers – If any server admin will allow me the use of their server for this event, please contact me.
b. FTP – To upload the map pack to. If more than one are available, that would be great.
c. Admins – I will need at least as many admins as I will have servers. I will be unable to admin any
matches due to the fact I will be setting up matches.
d. Substitues - We will need substitute players on back up just in case someone can't make it.

If you are able to help in any of these requests, please contact me.

EVENT INFO
Date: Saturday, January 13th, 2007 (Not set in stone, please give your opinions)
Time: 2:00pm EST (Hopefully this event will end around 6:00pm, but no guarantees, so make sure you open up the afternoon)
Why: To have a good time and frag in the off season. If all goes well, maybe we can continue setting up these events every so often.

Contact Info:
TinKy*WinKy – email and msn – nelson5444 [@] hotmail.com
DaSeFeX – email and msn – dasefex_69 [@] hotmail.com

We have a little bit of time before this happens, but get going on finding your partners and if you have any questions, please post them here or email myself or Dase.

Hope this all goes well! Haha!

-TinKy*WinKy & DaSeFeX

p.s. Would all clan captains and/or Round Table members at XL please notify their clans of this event. This will hopefully spread the word. Thank you!

Quote:
Dase:
I'd like to have alot of euro's in this tourney, its regular excessive (a real man's mod) with custom CTF and DM maps. I set the time early enough so you guys can make it, it's going to be alot of fun. who cares if ya dont play reg. excessive that much? this tourney is for fun, hopefully some of you guys can spread the word throughout the X+ community. thanks

p.s. - remember no same clan partners dont know

if your interested, have a team, or need a teammate email me @ dasefex_69[@]hotmail.com

Astro BoY
Explosive's picture

lol green..dont know why did u post that here /= Bro ppl even dont know what the real excessive (most of them) and its even on usa servers so its just lol they never could sign up Tongue But good try -___-'''

^o^

>FuC<*Gr3eN*
green's picture

maybe some of them r interested in playin real excessive not all the time gayass "excessive"+ ^_^ Tongue (ppl from bro or e5 - e5 ppl r browsing this forums too) btw here r a lot of usa players, but euro players r welcome too, ping around 120 is playable on unlagged Happy, anywas atm to sign up u need to have legal key so now even i cant play ':C cuz i cant find original q3 in shops