New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

9 replies [Last post]
Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts:
GR Greece
Yes
45% (10 votes)
No
55% (12 votes)
Total votes: 22

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts:
GR Greece
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

Just leave open PB all the time Happy
All the new games nowdays have always Pb open all the time ( bf3, Mw3, etc...) in public servers. And they also streaming all the time to Pbans and GGC for extra support. If you remember the PB of RSQT server was almost perfect, if you want i can help configure it. I am f1

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

[MR.]ZONT
Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts:
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

ofc final decision is up to mona but i think i'll say in short whats wrong w/ this idea (imho):

1. We've already tryed it - about 1/2 ppl had problems and just left server. empty server - dead server as u might know. and it was in times when pb for q3 wasn't rare shit and could be easily installed by pbsetup.

1.1. ok mb it was not always on, but was callvotable 'pb_sv_enable' and voting it on emptied server instantly (sometimes man who callvoted was kicked by it, quite funny Smug)

2. there r really many ppl who dont play cws and just join beer to take rest after work, and they absolutely don't care about strange shit like 'pebe'. and enabling pb at only (almost) alive ftag e+ public server will cut this (already) small community even more (since ppl would go to lets say bf2/wow/minesweeper instead). Quoting Mona:

'if turnig pure off will increase amount of players even by 1-2 in avarage i'd go for it'

3. since pb doesn't update q3 anymore it almost doesnt have sense ^^ (ok u can speak alot here, but pure cheat usually autokicked by 'antycheat tool' or just by ref/admin since server is quite popular and its not hard to notice/report/ban). and most pb kicks r problem of installing/noobing w/ cfg.

4,5,6,7,8 pfff lazy. why break what works? XD

p.s. i hope we r able configure it if we need Happy and perfect it was at sweet server if i remember right.

p.p.s. btw any1 wants 10k screenshots by pb from mr server, still have them in backup i think ^^

p.p.p.s oops. wall of text...

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts:
GR Greece
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

First of all thx for the quick answer Happy

The thing is that you want to have more players on the server but cheaters or pure and honest players? Anticheat cant detect all the cheats and lately i see some players do some strange things. Its not so hard to install PB, it takes you 2 min and i can provide PBsetup and PB checker to make it easier. Also just because there are no updates for PB anymore if you stream the server to PBbans and GGC you will have more support. Now about lags many people maybe say, in bf3 there are servers with 64 players/slots and PB is all the time on and the game is pretty smooth.

I know on the end its your choice but at least think my words because like you say i came back from work and i want to relax with my favorite game but instead of relaxing i rage Happy.

Those who said f2 tell me the reasons, why you want it off? but this vote will show us if the remaining players of the community are support fair game or cheating game.

Thx in advanced

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts:
SE Sweden
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer
Rayden was here wrote:

First of all thx for the quick answer Happy

The thing is that you want to have more players on the server but cheaters or pure and honest players?

What do you think? The trade off with PB is exactly what Zont wrote, the server has never worked with it on for the reasons stated. The sweet server ran a horrible PB configuration that scanned all kinds of needless things leading to a horrible feeling while playing.

Rayden was here wrote:

Anticheat cant detect all the cheats and lately i see some players do some strange things.

Neither can PB, if you see "odd" things you should demo them or otherwise report them to admins so PB can be turned on while they play. Chances are it won't prove fruitful since PB will kick them for not even having it installed before.

Rayden was here wrote:

Its not so hard to install PB, it takes you 2 min and i can provide PBsetup and PB checker to make it easier. Also just because there are no updates for PB anymore if you stream the server to PBbans and GGC you will have more support. Now about lags many people maybe say, in bf3 there are servers with 64 players/slots and PB is all the time on and the game is pretty smooth.

Okay, Q3 + PB has always and without exception led to a laggy and sluggish gameplay though.

Rayden was here wrote:

I know on the end its your choice but at least think my words because like you say i came back from work and i want to relax with my favorite game but instead of relaxing i rage Happy.

Those who said f2 tell me the reasons, why you want it off? but this vote will show us if the remaining players of the community are support fair game or cheating game.

Thx in advanced

Your argument is disingenious. No one likes cheaters, that doesn't mean PB is somehow the best choice. Especially not being on 24/7. I rather think the problem lies with you and your paranoia about other players.

bazz
Bazz's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts:
PL Poland
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

pb should be enabled from time to time during game just to check ppl. And dont give a fuck that some1 got something with pb - if u got to play u should have time to fix pb problems. Im also dont know if ive got no pb problems so thats a good idea to check. Well..but in short way - IF U DONT MIND ABOUT CHEATERS AND GIVING MOTHERFUCKERS SOME KIND OF CARDS OR SECOND CHANCE than pls dont even telling about punkbuster.ps. caps lock especially turns on via script.

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts:
GR Greece
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

Hey hey Mircwar
You have long time to reply to some of my comments.
First of all this is not an argument but a suggestion. I think we can speak/write like civilised humans without flames. But it seems you are provoke me and you cant discuss civiliced when you call me paranoik. Well you are the paranoik here because you dont understand that when someone dont trust someone that doesnt make him paranoik. Whats the matter? Did i said something bad? Just open in for 1 month to test it. Is that bad? You have something to afraid? You have excellent net connection and you had alot Cws so you will not have the problem. Leave the rest to speak wich they might have problems. Why all other games have it open all the time and half of the earth play them and here you say those things? Dont make me start argue with you becasue i dont want to. Thx for your reply

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts:
SE Sweden
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

Okay, let's try this as slow and nice as possible. You are putting forth a suggestion and I'm responding to it. The argument in your suggestion I characterize as dishonest, ergo if you are against PB you are for cheaters. That's nonsensical and cheap. Secondly there is no flame, being from Greece you should understand the concept of debate and its function.

Thirdly I characterize you as paranoid because time and time again you distrust people without even bothering to record a demo or to report a player, that in turn leads me to believe it's just sour grapes with you and your suspicions. If you do believe someone is cheating, post a demo or notify an admin. Lastly you have no real concept of this game being played before you got here, PB has been tried on & off since 2005 or earlier. And no, I don't have anything to hide - nice straw man. Try to read the arguments next time.

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts:
GR Greece
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer

Demos are useless because you cant understand clear if someone is cheating or not. Becides even if you post something without a kick is useless aswell coz the player wich accused will not accept it ofc Big grin. So we need some kick like PB does ( Player XXX kicked for blablabla reason ). Only with this way you have enough proofs.
Also if someone holds the rcon pass of the server can change the level of the Anticheat so there is no support from it aswell. So the cheaters can use easily there cheats without problems.

*quote
The argument in your suggestion I characterize as dishonest, ergo if you
are against PB you are for cheaters. That's nonsensical and cheap.

Tell me now honestly its not? You dont want clean server, clean plaeyrs, fair game? Why is not open? Ok until now maybe noone think of it and now the time came someone to suggest it. Dont think only from your side but think also from my side. I am a players that joins a server to play without feels safe from scums like cheaters. So what i will think from the admins? They support them. Happy Anyway i dont accuse them doing it but think about my suggestion and test it.

You also say that you test PB on and off in 2005 that means 7 years ago when people was having 56/124 kb connections. Now we all have dsl connections and is not a problem and you know it. Also twith this comment you show me that you want to avoid it. Again i dont accuse you or the admins dont take it with that way.

Anyway this is my last reply atm coz tomorow i am leaving for vacations and i will come back in 10 days so you can relax from my paranoik suggestions Big grin ( joke ). If i find free wireless net with my laptop in the place i will go then maybe i will reply. Until then HF Happy

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts:
SE Sweden
Re: New Suggestion for Beer Freezer
Rayden was here wrote:

Demos are useless because you cant understand clear if someone is cheating or not. Becides even if you post something without a kick is useless aswell coz the player wich accused will not accept it ofc Big grin.

You can, if you are unsure you should gather more material. That said I do agree there is a problem with people simply denying and everyone without a clue agreeing. Which is why again you should gather more material and involve more people, before accusing. It's not an argument for PB though.

Rayden was here wrote:

So we need some kick like PB does ( Player XXX kicked for blablabla reason ). Only with this way you have enough proofs.

But kicks have been disputed before and people have wriggled out of them, not to mention 99% of the kicks are for useless stuff. You still don't understand what Zont wrote, there is such a miniscule player base playing there that it becomes easy to advocate PB being off. Eventual cheaters should be recorded and reported, and then PB turned on if needed.

Rayden was here wrote:

Also if someone holds the rcon pass of the server can change the level of the Anticheat so there is no support from it aswell. So the cheaters can use easily there cheats without problems.

There is one RCON holder for Beer as far as I know, go ahead and ask her. The rest have ref. You see where I was coming from with the paranoia comment?

Rayden was here wrote:

Tell me now honestly its not? You dont want clean server, clean plaeyrs, fair game? Why is not open? Ok until now maybe noone think of it and now the time came someone to suggest it. Dont think only from your side but think also from my side. I am a players that joins a server to play without feels safe from scums like cheaters. So what i will think from the admins? They support them. Happy Anyway i dont accuse them doing it but think about my suggestion and test it.

It's as if you don't read what is written in response. It's entirely irrelevant what I want or not, PB has no bearing on it. It's not "open" (that is on 24/7) for the reasons already listed. People have thought of it, and it has been used in the past. You don't feel secure, okay. I attribute this to your distrust and paranoia of your co-players. It would be better if you came out and said what you thought outright, without insinuating stuff time and again.

Rayden was here wrote:

You also say that you test PB on and off in 2005 that means 7 years ago when people was having 56/124 kb connections. Now we all have dsl connections and is not a problem and you know it. Also twith this comment you show me that you want to avoid it. Again i dont accuse you or the admins dont take it with that way.

PB makes the game sluggish as it did in 2005, even when I play on a much superior rig today. And the issue with player base and kicks remain. You should be glad pure is still on.

EDIT: Just to add a few points, PB used to be turned on temporarily by admins. It resulted in emptying the server by 2/3 every single time. Having it turned on permanently is like hunting game with carpet bombings, there is nothing to justify it. If you see a suspect player, note his name and record him. Or talk about him to an admin, record him several times or have an admin turn on PB. But on the basis of your own misgivings have such an intrusive instrument as PB on at public games (you know, those made for ease of play) is silly and borderline paranoid. And yes, let's add that it won't have the effect you expect.