MX518 Right Button problem

11 replies [Last post]
yzo
rocknrolla's picture
Hey e+. I have Logitech Mx518. It's great mouse and everything was fine before the right button stopped work. I can click like on normal good button but the button functions doesn't work. I dunno why but questions is how to change right button function(for example jumping in q3) to any other button(mouse4 or 5). I tried to do it in SetPoint but it looks like there's no task like "right button"(as you can see on screen). Do anyone know how to do it?

Thanx for answers. Winking

Login or register to view attached files

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

try startmenu for rightclick.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

EVOL.DIABLO

1) Pokud chces opravit to pravy tlacitko tak muzes rozsroubovat mys
(doporucuju velmi opatrne protoze mam pocit, ze tam je nekde perko
ktery odpruzuje ty "klikaci kryty"), odpajet to porouchany -
pravdepodobne vyklikany tlacitko - a napajet tam tlacitko z nejaky jiny
mysi, tim si tu funkci obnovis (pokud jde o unavu materialu), pak staci
zpet zasroubovat a uz to bude pracovat jak ma.

2) Pokud ti jde jen o zmenu nejaky funkce z q3 na jina tlacitka tak by
to melo jit primo ve quakovi a to tak, ze proste kliknes na pozadovanou
funkci a misto urceni klavesy nebo kliknuti pravym tlacitkem kliknes
treba tim tlacitkem postranim. Pokud ani tohle nebude chtit fungovat
tak doporucuju vytvorit vlastni cfg a tam rucne zadat bindy pro
konkretni funkce (skakani, pohyb vlevo pravo rovne atp).

3) urcite bych ti nedoporucoval prebindovani neceho co casto pouzivas
na tom pravym tlacitku na tlacitko jiny, protoze tim prijdes o komfort
pri hrani a budes si muset zvykat na novy motoricky pohyby rukou:)

4) Nastaveni mysi pro pravaky nebo levaky je v ovladacich panelech po mysi. Tam staci prekliknout z mysi pro pravaka na mys pro levaka a prohodej se ti tlacitka

Translation in short: 1) Basicly unsolder that "clicking button" from the printed circuit and put some other (from older mouse for exam) there then it should work just fine if its HW problem. 2) bind those functions via setup in q3 simply by click on jump for exam and then click the mouse 5 button. If its not working (it should be) then u should create your own cfg and put binds there and everything else like name, sensitivity etc. if u want. 3) I dont recommend you to stop using that button especially cause of the comfort of playing and spending a lot of time getting use to new hand movements. 4) Switching the left button for the right is located in the controll pannels/mouse so u can basicly switch righthanded mouse for lefthanded therefor your button will switch aswell

Hope i got i right:)))

yzo
rocknrolla's picture

Diky moc. Ono nejde o hru proto jsem napsal "for example" je to o funkcich mysi ve windowsu. Vis, kdyz kliknes pravym vyskoci ti tabulka. Mne ne. To je ten problem ktery resim. Potrebuju jen prendat funkci pravyho tlacitka na postrani tlacitko ktery Mx518 ma. Winking Ale stejne to vypada ze to dam ke kamosovi ten vi jak to spravit vnitrne(snad Big grin). Takze to bude ok. Ale do ty doby nez se to neak poresi aby si ji vzal. Nevis jak to prehodit?

EVOL.DIABLO

Pokud to neni v nastaveni mysi pod kontrolnima panelama tak je nejlepsi zavolat na helpdesk microsoftu a zeptat se na to:) Je to nejjednodusi zpusob reseni. Podle me to ale dost mozna nepujde "prebindovat" z pravyho na postranni tlacitka:X
Tak ci tak bych bejt tebou prepajel to vyklikany tlacitko za nejaky novy protoze to ti prodlouzi zivotnost mysi o par dalsich roku:)

3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture

And now all translate or I just delate the posts..or Will use a google translator and change everything Happy

nature:

do what skull told, this should work fine.

Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway

EVOL.qXy
QXY's picture

bind MOUSE2 "+moveup"

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture
Re: MX518 Right Button problem

on topic:
if you wanna add jumping on other buttons use \bind or the q3 settings menu.. what you've tried is like scratching on your right ear with your left hand..

\bind MOUSE3 "+moveup";
\bind MOUSE4 "+moveup";
\bind MOUSE5 "+moveup";

________
epsislow

yzo
rocknrolla's picture

Hehe I said it to Vegetarian in czech. It's only FOR EXAMPLE. I have no problems with quake. Winking I'm not stupid. I know how to change it in game but I have problems in windows. There I need right button. Maybe I wrote it wrong but it was really "for example". Winking

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

yzo
rocknrolla's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

You mean this? As you can see there's no task for right button so there is no way how to change function of right button. Sad